Levergun vacation? your thought please!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Levergun vacation? your thought please!

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Has anyone any interest in a levergun vacation...
It would have to be near a vacation destination
for the rest of the family....
or a place we could all hunt....
or a SASS event...
It would have to be in a location where we could
get the most amount of levergunners as possible...

just something to kick around!
any suggestions?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Levergun vacation? your thought please!

Post by TedH »

We've kicked this around before, and the general consensus was that it would need to be done regionaly. I like the idea, but I think it would be hard for many of us to get together if the travel distance was too great.
NRA Life Member
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

We tried to figure this out years ago back on the old Sixguns.Com Forum before Jim sold it to Joel Crosby. We never could get everythign co-ordinated for a Nationl Gathering.

But we did spin off quite a few Regional Rendezvous. I don't know if the Northeast Sixgunners, Mid-West Sixgunners, or the Great northWet Sixgunners still have annual rendezvous, but th Confederate Sixgunners of America still have rendezvous twice each year and draw folks from all over the country.

Now there is a lot of overlap between CSA folks and Lever-Gun folks, it probably would not be hard to get many together. I believe that there are CSA Rendezvous announcements made on this forum. So you see, all youu have to do is watch for them and come do a lot of shooting, shooting off at the mouth and eating good food.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

You are welcome to come to Texas. Send the family to the San Antonio River Walk, Alamo, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, TX Ranger Museum and Longhorn Saloon, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. We can hunt at the ranch, shoot and cook out. Depending on the dates there are local car races and rodeos just about any weekend in the summer and fall.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

86er wrote:You are welcome to come to Texas. Send the family to the San Antonio River Walk, Alamo, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, TX Ranger Museum and Longhorn Saloon, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. We can hunt at the ranch, shoot and cook out. Depending on the dates there are local car races and rodeos just about any weekend in the summer and fall.
You know that's not a bad idea. But..... do you Texans have room for a fat old grumpy IL born, AZ raised, Southern sympathizer? Cos, if I got there I probably wouldn't leave.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
BwanaDave
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BwanaDave »

Heck, a few levergunners would be welcome anywhere along the border.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Has anyone any interest in a levergun vacation...
It would have to be near a vacation destination
for the rest of the family....
or a place we could all hunt....
or a SASS event...
It would have to be in a location where we could
get the most amount of levergunners as possible...

just something to kick around!
any suggestions?
Well get yer bags and ammo packed kiss the dog and pet the wife goodby.
Next Friday (11th) you'll need to be 10 miles north of Baker Mt. for the Big Hill shoot http://www.sageoutfitters.com/Event_ann ... forum.html, Then you can tourista around and show up at Forsyth MT for the 20th annual Matthew Quigley match http://www.wyomingbpcr.net/BPCRShootFly ... 0Flyer.pdf, then the following weekend you can shoot at Rahm ND for the Peabody Pass shoot.http://www.shootoutatpeabodypass.org/index.html
Or wait until the middle of July and head Tutts and co's Friends of Billy Dixon affair at Hotchkiss Co,then head for the Whittington Center and shoot the levergun Sillouette national championships.http://www.nrawc.org/schedule.html
Or wait till the weekend after Labor Day and take in the Medicine Rocks Shoot between Ekalaka and Baker MT, then hang around for the week and shoot the fall Big Hill at Baker again.http://www.sageoutfitters.com/Event_ann ... forum.html
You also have the option of bringing the wife and dog, most of those shoots have ladies class, but the dog will need to be tied up.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Midwest thoughts:

Southeastern Indiana - NMLRA headquarters range - http://www.nmlra.org/visit.asp

Southwestern Indiana - Sycamore Valley range - http://www.svgc.org/index.shtml

Both are near national forest or state parks, and within the general area are amusement parks (the largest water-slide in the U.S. I think) and so on.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Jmiller said:
You know that's not a bad idea. But..... do you Texans have room for a fat old grumpy IL born, AZ raised, Southern sympathizer? Cos, if I got there I probably wouldn't leave.

My response-- you're welcome to come to Texas to visit unless you first kick 5 commifornicans out. If you do that, you can til you start pushin up daisies! Otherwise, Texas is full--we don't need no more growth.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

J Miller wrote:
86er wrote:You are welcome to come to Texas. Send the family to the San Antonio River Walk, Alamo, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, TX Ranger Museum and Longhorn Saloon, Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc. We can hunt at the ranch, shoot and cook out. Depending on the dates there are local car races and rodeos just about any weekend in the summer and fall.

Joe

You're more than welcome, Joe. Prolly fit right in.

I'm bettin' you'd get over that "grumpy" stuff too. :wink:

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

We used to do it every year since about 1999 from the guys at Sixguns.Com. It stopped around 2006 when we lost the place we camped out at. We still do it but it now has to be by invitation as its now at a private cabin that can only hold about 10 guys.

We called it the "Noreaster".

I'm always open to suggestions but places are hard to come by as lots of shooting takes place. I have several buddies who have loads of land but they don't want it to happen. Liability is the main reason.----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Kerrville Texas would be a perfect spot !

Plenty ranches with exotics and of course my own personal favourite "SIKA DEER" !

Course if you did that and I attended with the intention of killing a SIka stag or two I'd more likely be carrying a 98 Mauser in 6.5-06 , a Savage 10ML-II or a Savage 220F 20 gauge bolt action slug gun :wink:

It's all about getting Sika deer to me !

Plus I sold off my 308MX and 308MXLR !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Texas does have room for more good solid citizens, just kick a few of the Blue State types out and make yourself at home. :D No state is perfect, but Texas is really close.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Fly to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, drive to Porepunkah or Bright- rent accomodation there- and hunt Sambar deer in the Buckland valley.

Family can ski nearby or 'do' the vinyards etc.....
Van Morgan
Levergunner

Post by Van Morgan »

J Miller wrote:

Joe
Well, I should hope so as they let me in! Been here 17 years now. What part of Illinois are you from?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Van Morgan wrote:
J Miller wrote:

Joe
Well, I should hope so as they let me in! Been here 17 years now. What part of Illinois are you from?
I'm in Springfield now, but was also born here. Lived most of my life in Arizona, moved back here due to family who promptly died and we really want out.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Van Morgan
Levergunner

Post by Van Morgan »

I was born in Chicago Heights and raised in Deerfield. Daughter lives in Mattoon. Know the feeling about wanting out of there which was why I moved.
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

Branson, Missouri.

Every October, the Missouri SASS championship is held at Ozark Shooters (usually, primarily a sporting clays range) about a dozen miles north of Branson on US 65. Everybody who isn't a cowboy can go fishing and boating in Table Rock Lake, ride the rides at Silver Dollar City, or see the music shows in Branson. Or go leaf peeping and squirrel/turkey/whatever hunting in the nearby National and State forests.
Formerly known as "Tumbleweeds"
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Tumbleweeds II wrote:Branson, Missouri.

Every October, the Missouri SASS championship is held at Ozark Shooters (usually, primarily a sporting clays range) about a dozen miles north of Branson on US 65. Everybody who isn't a cowboy can go fishing and boating in Table Rock Lake, ride the rides at Silver Dollar City, or see the music shows in Branson. Or go leaf peeping and squirrel/turkey/whatever hunting in the nearby National and State forests.
now this sounds like a good idea....
always wanted to go to Branson....
and also go to the bid Bass pro shop in Springfield
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I'd be up for Branson. That would only be about a three hour drive for me.
NRA Life Member
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

C'mon guys, I'm trying to find an excuse to get back down to 86er's ranch...

:wink: :mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.