OT- Curiousity

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Curiousity

Post by 20cows »

PEEK-A-MOO!

Yesterday evening, just before sunset, I went down to a stock tank with my 10-22 and ripped of a couple of 25 round magazines at a stump. I was realoading the magazines when the cattle came on in to water.

I like cows.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT- Curiousity

Post by Blaine »

Any bass in there?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Where are the other 16?

Are those the only ones you like well enough to put online? :twisted:
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Ha ha, I had some cows that did not respect my personal bubble awhile back while I was out shooting as well.

Why is this in 'politics'?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andrew wrote:Ha ha, I had some cows that did not respect my personal bubble awhile back while I was out shooting as well.

One of the cows is a Democrat! :wink:
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

talk about sheepish - can't drive a truck around these guys - they will follow you everywhere
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Cattle are great. I was on a bicycle trip and needed to get off the road. Twas Halloween Night and saw a bunch of round hay bales near a fence. Had enough room to put bike and bedroll down. Made a PBJ sandwich thinking how lucky I was finding this place, where none of the crazies celebrating Devil's Night could see me from the road. I looked up 10 minutes later, here was about 50 cows standing in a semi'circle staring at me. Still wonder how they were able to walk up so quietly.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

bulldog1935 wrote:talk about sheepish - can't drive a truck around these guys - they will follow you everywhere
Tried raising sheep myself once...Shorn 'nuff got Fleeced! Wool not try that again.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

'Cause I wasn't paying attention.

These girls are arms length tame and that's on purpose. They come to me and my truck and I rarely have to "push" them anywhere. It makes life easier on a small place.

The tank has some catfish and I think my brother put in some bluegill.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Cows are curious alright they have to come see if you got a mineral block, molasses tub or flake of hay for them. danny
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Went hunting on a friends farm several winters ago. Silly me drove my truck back in the field and parked it to save me about a 1/4 mile walk. Little did I think about all the salt that was on my truck from our wonderful Ohio winter roads.
When I returned to the truck cows were all around it licking it! My mirrors were knocked around, and the side windows were so smeared I could barely see out of them! :shock: Lucky, no damage. :oops:
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

The heifer at the tailgate often tries to sneak into the barn, if I leave the door cracked to see what goodies must be in there. Right now she's the only one that brave in the bunch.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

I like cows too. Thanks for the pictures! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

dennie wrote:Went hunting on a friends farm several winters ago. Silly me drove my truck back in the field and parked it to save me about a 1/4 mile walk. Little did I think about all the salt that was on my truck from our wonderful Ohio winter roads.
When I returned to the truck cows were all around it licking it! My mirrors were knocked around, and the side windows were so smeared I could barely see out of them! :shock: Lucky, no damage. :oops:
Country car wash?

Hey, I grew up out there, we used to ride our bikes to Hamilton and back. I lived in Springdale, just south of the Fairfield line.

I had a cow experience out that way, it would have been in 1975 or 1976. I was out with my bike taking photos and stopped to get several shots of some semi-interested cows. They came right up to the fence (probably in case I was coated with salt).
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've tried land surveying in a pasture of cows.....REALLY almost impossible. They like scratching themselves on the tripods :lol: Also, had a dog follow us around one day, and he would pull up the flagged slats we were writing on to identify points we set......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

BlaineG wrote:I've tried land surveying in a pasture of cows.....REALLY almost impossible. They like scratching themselves on the tripods :lol: Also, had a dog follow us around one day, and he would pull up the flagged slats we were writing on to identify points we set......
Udderly rediculous. Even if the chips were down, I'd not be cowed by a bunch of bovines trying to horn thier way in. Let's milk this topic for all it's worth.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

When all the chips are down, the cow is empty...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

When the chips are down, you know the cows have been through.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Mooving right along...
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

When they bunch up and get moooving, it might be-hoove you to step aside, or you could end up with a raw hyde! :shock: :roll:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It seems that some folks here are in a silly MOOd.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Hey Blaine, I'm surprized you haven't chimed in here lately! I know this is your "Brand" of amusement! Are you in a Leather for some reason? C'mon, stop Hyding! :D :lol: