COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Re: COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Post by geobru »

Walmart had a couple of cases of Federal 550 pack today. $18.97 a box. Price has jumped!
wanders
Levergunner

Post by wanders »

geobru wrote:Walmart had a couple of cases of Federal 550 pack today. $18.97 a box. Price has jumped!
Ditto here. Bought one anyway. Wonder if the increases will continue?
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

wanders wrote:
geobru wrote:Walmart had a couple of cases of Federal 550 pack today. $18.97 a box. Price has jumped!
Ditto here. Bought one anyway. Wonder if the increases will continue?
Chinamart will keep pushing the prices up until you quit buying. :(

$9....$19....$29.....$39.... How far will you go?

Jack
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

cheaper than dirt has BVAC in stock today for $21/brick - I ordered a brick (along with a box of BVAC .357 reloads) to see how they shoot.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Has anyone seen any .22 Long's (not Long Rifle) recently? I would like to get a few boxes (I don't think anyone packages them in bricks) to put aside for myself and my kids, who both have .22 bolt actions that will take .22 Shorts, Longs, and Long Rifles. I know - not much need for that intermediate round - but that is why I'd like to put aside the ammunition now. I imagine it will continue to get harder to find - and more expensive when found. I saw some CCI, but at almost $9 a box, I was looking for a better deal!
victor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by victor »

from local sport stores around me,i pay
3.50 for a 50rd box of aguila super colibri
7.00 for a 50rd box of cci velociters
8.00-9.00 for a 100rd box of cci cb longs
Vic
Winchester Model 94(61').32 Winchester Special
xxclaro
Levergunner 1.0

Post by xxclaro »

Here in Alberta the same ammo is already over $30! Last year the same ammo was around $20,so I'm wondering what it'll cost next year.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Saw Winchester Wildcats for the first time in over a year. This is my favorite plinking fodder. They were $2.13/box of 50 (no bricks) at Bass Pro Shops north of Charlotte (NC). Actually, BPS had a lot of ammo, powder, and the primers, though expensive, were mostly in stock.

$21.30 for a brick of the Wildcats would be 33% more than they were normally just a couple-few years ago, at least around here. I would always wait for the sale at K-Mart and pick up a couple bricks for $9.99!!! Those were the days... :(
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

Well whatever it cost when this thread started 2 years ago or today, .22 rimfire ammo is still far and away cheaper than what has happened to centerfire ammo. I can shoot .22 aaaaall day and not feel like I have to eat Ramen noodles next week. Can't do that with store bought CF ammo.
Rus Ler
Levergunner

Post by Rus Ler »

Rimfire ammo Down Under is at least double your price, if we can get it cos you fellas have been buying it all up :x . Haven't had a shipment of Federal target ammo since April 2009- expect the next lot in next Jan.2011. Just had a price on a Uberti 73 Short Rifle(Sit down before you read the price) around $ 2200AU :o with a 6-10 month wait for the next delivery!
YOU BLOKES NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD
Cheers,
Rus Ler
The difference between Men and Boys is the price of their toys.
She who must be obeyed 2004
S.B.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by S.B. »

Busting $20 around here.Tycer see you been to the East, glad to see a brother here.
Steve, Pontiac Lodge 294
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA, ISRA, AF&AM Pontiac #294
LIUNA #996 for the last 32 years, retired after 34 years.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rus Ler wrote:Rimfire ammo Down Under is at least double your price, if we can get it cos you fellas have been buying it all up :x . Haven't had a shipment of Federal target ammo since April 2009- expect the next lot in next Jan.2011. Just had a price on a Uberti 73 Short Rifle(Sit down before you read the price) around $ 2200AU :o with a 6-10 month wait for the next delivery!
YOU BLOKES NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD
Cheers,
Rus Ler
OUCH!!!

I just purchased my first box of Federal Target .22LR at Wally World. 350-count, IIRC. It was $14.95 USD. I usually just shoot the "bulk fodder" stuff for plinking, but decided to try this to see if there was a noticeable difference in accuracy. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet though!
jmortimer
Levergunner

Post by jmortimer »

Just picked up 550 box Federal 36 grain plated HPs for around $19.00 and 555 box Winchester same load for around $20.00 plus 8.75% sales tax here in kalifornia from WalMart. Will just keep buying until I have around a million rounds and if the things keep going south I have something worth something for barter.
"Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
James. C. Henderson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I usually just shoot the "bulk fodder" stuff for plinking, but decided to try this to see if there was a noticeable difference in accuracy. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet though!
Post a 'range report' when you shoot them, and consider Paco's Acu'rzr - so far, it has shrunk groups about 40-50% with the guns I've used it for. Makes using the cheapie stuff more appealing.
Ysabel Kid wrote:Saw Winchester Wildcats for the first time in over a year. This is my favorite plinking fodder. They were $2.13/box of 50 (no bricks) at Bass Pro Shops north of Charlotte (NC).
In the '70's I think I was buying Wildcats for $9.99 a brick, so if it's $21.30 now, that's actually LESS than inflation.

Our international peers are correct - we ARE spoiled. There are storm clouds on the horizon for our nation, though, economically, socially, and politically - enjoy it while you can, and hunker down. .22 LR does seem like good 'barter' material, along with chickens/eggs, toilet paper, and other life necessities. A few 'spare' .22 LR firearms you can buy now for next to nothing, might be very tradeable in a few years.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good points AJ. Heck, I was still buying Winchester Wildcats on sale at K-Mart for $9.99/brick as late as the late 1990's - maybe even 2000. Adjusted for inflation, they were more than dirt cheap then, and still pretty reasonable now. Just galls you to pay $25/brick for .22's, but realistically, this is still cheap. And you can get 550-packs for $15-$18 all day long at Wally World, so I shouldn't complain.

I am doing just that on .22's - trying to pick up "restoration specials" when I see them. Killing several birds with one stone - get to practice refinishing firearms, have potental barter fodder and/or gifts in the future, and just enjoy the heck out of them!
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Hi all.
First post here, didn't know that there was a site for lever loven nuts until yesterday.
Just thought I would comment on this thread. I was to wallyworld today and bought a box of 22 lr hp in a box of 333 for 11.47 + tax and that was 79 cents soo.. total was 12.26 or .0368 cents a shell.
Couldn't find a standard brick of 500, but found them in 50, 100, 333 and 555. whats up with the 333 and 555 sizes of boxes? Sure seemed strange to me. Must be some kind of marketing hype.
Last box I bought was a brick and that was only 12 bucks.
Then I looked at 22mags and the woman said they were 12 bucks a box for 50 shells. But the boxes were in a 5 box container or rather for 250 shells. But she insisted that was per 50 count box Thats 24 cents a shell. But 250 at 12 bucks would make them .048 cents a shell, which I thought it should have been. She also said she didn't know much about that area of wallyworld. LOL. OK nuff here. thanks
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...