POLITICS - PA Gun Registration, $10 per gun per year!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

POLITICS - PA Gun Registration, $10 per gun per year!

Post by don Tomás »

The registration would cost law-abiding gun owners $10 per gun each year...

Note that the sponsor names all have a "D" following...
Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pennsylvania Gun Registration Legislation Introduced!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

The Gun Registration Act of 2007, House Bill No. 760, sponsored by State Representatives Angel Cruz (D-180), Rosita Youngblood (D-198), Cherelle Parker (D-200), Jake Wheatley (D-19), Lisa Bennington (D-21), and Lawrence Curry (D-154) has been introduced in Harrisburg.

This misguided proposal would require every gun in Pennsylvania to be registered with the state, and each firearm would have to be re-registered annually. The registration would cost law-abiding gun owners $10 per gun each year. Of course, criminals won’t pay anything BECAUSE CRIMINALS DON'T REGISTER GUNS! In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Haynes v. U.S. (309 U.S. 85 (1968)) that since felons are prohibited from owning firearms, compelling them to register them would violate their 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination. However, if a law-abiding gun owner fails to register it, he or she will be jailed and lose his or her rights FOREVER.

The measure would require each gun owner submit to fingerprinting, have a background check, and to include passport-style photos for the registration cards. The registration card for each gun would then have to be carried with that gun at all times. To make matters worse, if the state should reject your application for any reason, YOUR GUNS WILL BE CONFISCATED!

Please call your State Representative and State Senator today and ask them to oppose HB760! For contact information or help identifying your State Legislators, please click here.

Enough is enough!
It's time for all Pennsylvania NRA members’ voices to be heard!

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=2835
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

$10.00per year would cost most of us Levergunners a heap of money.
D must mean Dollars? :roll: :roll:

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Eric M. wrote:"D" must mean Dollars? :roll: :roll:
Eric
Yep... our dollars...
Tom
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Darn, I would have to sell off 'bout four guns a year to pay the tax! Of course in about fifteen years I'd be down to what they are really trying to accomplish....get me down to one rifle.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Thats gotta be unconstitutional.
Heck, wether they call it registration or not thats about what buying a gun legally amounts to. Theres no way I believe theres not a database somewhere with every NICS aproved purchase we all make.

I can see a guy forgetting to send in his yearly vig to the Gov't to find he just lost his gun rights forever. Its probly a felony too so you cant even move & escape the bs.

I dont live in PA but if I did I'd be pestering people about now. Not sure if it matters but I bring things like this to the attention of my congressmen too.

I thought PA was fairly gun friendly. CT's not too bad yet but its a constant battle.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I just wonder why they can't remember what the gun owners in Pennsylvania registered the year before? Seems like more of a tax than a registration. Registrations only happen once, not over again each year!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

marlinman93 wrote:Registrations only happen once...
Ask the Russians and Germans what happens right after.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I just saw an Angus & Reid poll last week here in Canada that showed that 97% of Canadians believe that our 2 billion dollar gun registry has had no effect (NO EFFECT) on crime in Canada. I would think that even a moron with multiple lobotomies and 2 quarts of whiskey down the hatch would still have enough firing neurons to understand that the only people that will register their guns are those that are already willing to abide by the law. It HAS NOT WORKED in Canada. Sheesh! They really need to implement a minimum standard of intelligence for politicians. I say, anyone who has an IQ less than 8 or 10 should not be allowed to run for office. Obviously, the politicians who have put their name behind this law must be well below that mark. It is probably a strain on their mental faculties to sit up and breath, both at the same time.

P.S.: This needs to be opposed BIG TIME. Registration today provides the resources for confiscation tomorrow.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

Just another way of turning otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals and give an excuse to take away firearms. One of these days the American people are going to get their bellies full of this kind of bovine scatology and do something about it. Oh, wait a minute. I guess we already did. It was in the form of the 2nd Amendment!
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

I live in PA and always have to remind myself in times like these that Philadelphia is only close to New Jersey ... not in it. I'm only guessing that most of these sponsors are from there.

Legislators like them are a part of the reason I remain a registered democrat ... I can let them know how disappointed I am that they are messing up my party. It probably does no good but at the occasional political function it does cause a few quiet moments and a change of subject when that is said.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Griff wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:Registrations only happen once...
Ask the Russians and Germans what happens right after.
That's why they only happen once! :wink:
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

I just registered, so hello to everyone, but I thought I'd comment here because I live in Pennsylvania.

I don't think that the state legislature will pass this. PA is a really reasonable state in terms of gun laws, and the NRA is pretty strong here.

Later.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

How ironic to pay someone hundreds of dollars a year to keep updating a list that will make it easier for them to take them when the time comes :shock: :shock:

Jeeps
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Ds, that ought to tell you something. :evil:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The democratic congress has a 20% approval rating - this may help in Pa.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

My licence is $35 a year regardless of the number of guns. Whenever I add one it costs $27 for the addition. Taking them off - zilch.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

How ironic! What do you suppose we'd be calling Pennsylvania if the British had required gun registration 232 years ago?

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

pharmseller wrote:How ironic! What do you suppose we'd be calling Pennsylvania if the British had required gun registration 232 years ago?

Quinn
Unarmed.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

What do you suppose we'd be calling Pennsylvania
Oh, it'd probably still be called Pennsylvania...it's just that we wouldn't be called the US.
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

JEEEEZZZ! And I thought that living in NJ was bad. It seems to be the whole North East Liberal mind set lately. I hope that PA gets it defeated.
David S
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

If this legislation passed I'd move. Seriously I couldn't live with those type of restrictions placed on me. And I'm from the government. Scary. What's next?
Old Law Dawg
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

I live in PA.

Heck, I thought this thing was shot down months ago already :?:

:?
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

casastahle wrote:I live in PA.

Heck, I thought this thing was shot down months ago already :?:

:?
I posted this back in the beginning of April (the last time LeverGun.com got sick) and don't know the current status. Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? :)