OT: Knife sharpnun and gun cleaning...guys night out

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

OT: Knife sharpnun and gun cleaning...guys night out

Post by firefuzz »

What started out as poker night at Rob's has now changed to more of a knife and gun maintence guys night out (when my son moved out the game went with him...the younger guys were more interested in winning and drinking beer than enjoying each other's company, they were also tired of losing their money to the old men 8) ). So for the last three Thursday nights three or four of us old fanny burbs braved the weather, not to bad compared to what we've had lately, and gathered around my kitchen table with the parts of our arsenal that needed a little TLC, or just a little fondling.

It was a fairly productive night, we sharpened three knives...one each, cleaned the bores on four rifles, worked the action on a new revolver for my daughter, bore sighted two rifles, whilst we discussed about anything you would care to name...guns and pet loads, different knife steels, movies (I did make everyone put down any sharp objects when we discussed (and watched) Lucy Lawless new roll in Spartacus..didn't want to be picking up any severed fingers :lol: ), and the State of the Union (that was depressing so we didn't dwell on it long). Kind of a Good Friends, Good Guns, and Good Whiskey (thanks Skeeter) fellowship. (Yes, ole Jack Daniels was present in a limited fashion)

Fine way to spend an evening, you guys that live close need to give it a try. BTW, a not-so-swinging bachelor pad works best :wink: . If any of you are ever coming thru Shawnee, OK. bring your kit and join us.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Knife sharpnun and gun cleaning...guys night out

Post by mescalero1 »

Sounds like a fine idea.
I guess I get to provide the place, as I am the only bachelor................ AGAIN!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like a good night with the boys. It always seems there's another knife to sharpen and another gun to do something with.

Mesci, well, being a bachelor isn't all that bad. It definitely has it's benefits.
Old Law Dawg
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Oh,
I know
I always wind up being the only one in the crowd.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Well, that's just cool 8)
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

At work, I'm Mr Knife.....I'll sharpen several a week, I'll bet. I carry my Smith two side diamond hone in lunch pail.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

mescalero1 wrote:Sounds like a fine idea.
I guess I get to provide the place, as I am the only bachelor................ AGAIN!
I'm not exactly a bachelor, just been seperated for going on three years. We get along much better that way. :wink:

Rob

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

BlaineG wrote:At work, I'm Mr Knife.....I'll sharpen several a week, I'll bet. I carry my Smith two side diamond hone in lunch pail.

I'm a Lansky Diamond Hone man myself.

Rob

Because I can!

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Wow! Now that sounds like a good way to spend an evening. I need to get something like that going around here. I have several guns that need attention, and always knives that need sharpening.

Maybe I should just leave the TV off, and get off of the computer, and get back to basics, I might get a lot more done.
NRA Life Member, Patron