today, is my one year, of being laid off.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
peabody
Levergunner

today, is my one year, of being laid off.

Post by peabody »

well . here it is....one year later, since i got laid off,

im hanging in there, i raised a big garden, butchered two calfs, fixed stuff up around here, cutt wood, fixed fence.

putted around on my motorcycle,

have checked online at truckers.com applyed to over 500 companys, gotten three replys, all of them wanted me to run team. [yuck] wats funny ? is i've got almost 30 years of perfect driving record. all of it hauling liquid chemicals, haz-mat.none of the box trailers want me cause i've no experiance pulling box'es...now is that crazy or what ?
how hard could that be ? after pulling smooth bores ? i live in south central missouri, rual missouri, on a farm , raise a few cows.
im not too much in debt, but cannot survive without some kind of income.
town is 22 miles away. no jobs there, heck ? no jobs in 75 miles. cannot afford to go to work for 7.25 an hour.
i'll be 50 years old , not to long from now.
im just getting mad, every tanker outfit i call says im not in their traffic routes.
im drawing unemployment off of kansas, i've not paid ANYTHING into missouri, im screwed.
patti, [my better half] is barly workin, 20 hours a week, taking care of old sick lady.
my dad says sign up for disability, and high blood pressure, and i have to take anti-depressants pill's.
at leasts that what the doc says, who wouldnt be depressed with no job ? for this long ?
unemployment office just tells me to keep filing. .. so each sunday i type in my claim.
they have never ever called me.not once.ever.
sooo ? maybe pop is right ? cannot sign up for disability till unemployments runs out ? and will probly have to wait two years or more, without any income.
ha. now what ?
i've got maybe ? 7-8 weeks left, of unemployment.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Re: today, is my one year, of being laid off.

Post by El Chivo »

Hang in there! But if I were you I'd take the lower-paying job if that's all I could find.

Also, consider going through the house and see you could offer up to the the god Ebay.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

You might want to reconsider the team running.....at least for a while
A buddy of mine, Duff-l-Bagg, was making over a grand a week...
also I believe the teams have priorty on routes....
but the bad part.....he was never home....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

If you can drive a truck ,you can drive a tractor. Spring planting season is coming up. My buddy hires gentleman like your self every spring to pull a disk a round and usually pays cash. Then through out the summer during haying season , then fall crops.

Not a lot of trucks pulling frieght on the interstate right now. With a CDL , maybe dumptruck or hauling fertilizer for the feedmill. The farming industry will still be working. Even the big farms get tired of the immigrants damaging equipment. They would rather have a local person driving the big stuff. Good Luck!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Keep looking, you should get more than 6 or 7 more weeks. I hate to admit it but I'm going on two years. Theres about nothing going on here in my fields so I started my own thing thats not taking off so well given the economy but I take what I can get and filing partials stretches the unemployment too. My wife lost her job a month ago so now we are paying for insurance too and we have two kids. But we are all healthy and the bills get paid.
Life tests you sometimes.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Know what ya mean Peabody, I was laid off the 14th of Feb last year, so coming up on the one year mark quick. Turned 57 last month. My problems the same. But the lords took care of me for all those 57yrs, don't think he'll stop now.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Seems like every day I get a reminder of how fortunate I am.
Friends tell me I earned it, but I wonder about that.
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

BenT wrote:If you can drive a truck ,you can drive a tractor. Spring planting season is coming up. My buddy hires gentleman like your self every spring to pull a disk a round and usually pays cash. Then through out the summer during haying season , then fall crops.

Not a lot of trucks pulling frieght on the interstate right now. With a CDL , maybe dumptruck or hauling fertilizer for the feedmill. The farming industry will still be working. Even the big farms get tired of the immigrants damaging equipment. They would rather have a local person driving the big stuff. Good Luck!

every elavator within 20 miles knows im looking . i put up ''job wanteds on the boards''
whats sad... is theres 50-60 notes asking the same thing.
most of the farmers here are broke too.
we trying.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

mescalero1 wrote:Seems like every day I get a reminder of how fortunate I am.
Friends tell me I earned it, but I wonder about that.
Same here.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

ceb wrote:Know what ya mean Peabody, I was laid off the 14th of Feb last year, so coming up on the one year mark quick. Turned 57 last month. My problems the same. But the lords took care of me for all those 57yrs, don't think he'll stop now.

oh no God will not let us down.

im reading the end times, so far its exactly what the bible say's is gonna happen.

im blessed i have a small farm, we waitin on Jesus to come back , we'll be raptured outta here,

the anti-christ will show up very soon, we all know its not going to get any better in this world,

we know satan has control of our world leaders,

just watching iran and israel, on t/v now. it'll be soon i thinks.
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

RIHMFIRE wrote:You might want to reconsider the team running.....at least for a while
A buddy of mine, Duff-l-Bagg, was making over a grand a week...
also I believe the teams have priorty on routes....
but the bad part.....he was never home....

i tried team driving years ago, with a outfit outta k/c ... man !!! i never got any sleep, trucks beat ya to death.
we'd leave on a sunday, i not get any sleep till wed,

thats true, your never home, and like me. i'ed get home and STILL miss everything, i was so tired, i'ed sleep my days off.

may have too.. but boy, i'ed hate it.
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Leverdude wrote:Keep looking, you should get more than 6 or 7 more weeks. I hate to admit it but I'm going on two years. Theres about nothing going on here in my fields so I started my own thing thats not taking off so well given the economy but I take what I can get and filing partials stretches the unemployment too. My wife lost her job a month ago so now we are paying for insurance too and we have two kids. But we are all healthy and the bills get paid.

hang in there, wow, and here i was gripping about one year.

whats bad for me is, its making me lazy, these snow days, all i can do is feed a bale of hay, im done for the day, then whever it melts, its so muddy i caint do anything.

i havent been anywhere in 3-4 months, the store. and gas station.
thats it.
i answer my 10 questions on the web for unemployment on sunday, and wait for next sunday.
thats it.
half the time we sleep till noon. this is getting really old. ha.
i hated workin, but man ! i sure miss it !!! ha.
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

El Chivo wrote:Hang in there! But if I were you I'd take the lower-paying job if that's all I could find.

Also, consider going through the house and see you could offer up to the the god Ebay.

ha, e-bay... yep.. been there done that. ha.

7.25 is all it pays around here, im 22 miles from town, last job opening at taco bell, there was 150+ people applying.
we figgered it out, avarage pay hours was 20-25 hours a week, [they told us] so ? thats about 181 bucks a week, b4 taxes, after taxes somewheres around 135 dollars a week ? right ?

my pickup gets 14 mpg, so say ? 3 gallons a day. thats 39 dollars a week, so now i'm at just 96 bucks ?

so thats at maybe 25 hours a week, if its only 20 hours a week ?

i'ed just be spinnin my wheels , couldnt pay anything. oh, well... they didnt hire us anyway. they never called us back.

ha !!! its an adventure !!!! :D

-
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

peabody wrote:
ceb wrote:Know what ya mean Peabody, I was laid off the 14th of Feb last year, so coming up on the one year mark quick. Turned 57 last month. My problems the same. But the lords took care of me for all those 57yrs, don't think he'll stop now.

oh no God will not let us down.

im reading the end times, so far its exactly what the bible say's is gonna happen.

im blessed i have a small farm, we waitin on Jesus to come back , we'll be raptured outta here,

the anti-christ will show up very soon, we all know its not going to get any better in this world,

we know satan has control of our world leaders,

just watching iran and israel, on t/v now. it'll be soon i thinks.
Yep, yep, yep, and yep!

I don't think this world is going to last much longer. Isreal is a huge key. I really think Iran is going to kick things off soon. I have a guy I know who is a nuclear engineer. A vietnam vet, SF guy who went back to school and got his N-E degree. Worked for the US military with their nuke program, and has been loaned out to a couple of countries (including Isreal). He has told some good stories about his experience with Isreal. They are ready for Iran and anybody else who wants to start something, not to mention the whole "God's chosen people" thing!

Keep your head up, I know that change is scary. I saw the writing on the wall with the auto industry way back in 03, and went back to school to get my teaching degree. Started teaching at 36, wasn't happy with either the pay cut, or just change in general, but now I am happy that I do something that makes a difference, and is more secure. God provided for me, even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted at the time. He will do the same for you too!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

peabody wrote:
Leverdude wrote:Keep looking, you should get more than 6 or 7 more weeks. I hate to admit it but I'm going on two years. Theres about nothing going on here in my fields so I started my own thing thats not taking off so well given the economy but I take what I can get and filing partials stretches the unemployment too. My wife lost her job a month ago so now we are paying for insurance too and we have two kids. But we are all healthy and the bills get paid.

hang in there, wow, and here i was gripping about one year.

whats bad for me is, its making me lazy, these snow days, all i can do is feed a bale of hay, im done for the day, then whever it melts, its so muddy i caint do anything.

i havent been anywhere in 3-4 months, the store. and gas station.
thats it.
i answer my 10 questions on the web for unemployment on sunday, and wait for next sunday.
thats it.
half the time we sleep till noon. this is getting really old. ha.
i hated workin, but man ! i sure miss it !!! ha.

I kinda like working, dont mind time off but I generally liked my job & have always been employed doing things I liked. I'v done alot of different residential construction but mostly copper work related to roofing.
These days I'm selling myself as a handyman & doing about anything I can charge someone for. Never had any trouble finding a job in my life before this thing started.
I'm really hoping in the spring things will pick up enough in the area that if I cant get my business off the ground I can at least find a job.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I am glad I am retired. I dont know what I can say to help you guys out, feel better or give you hope. I will say I never knew a job is suppose to be fun! No one ever told me that when I was young. As dave rasmey would say, I am doing better than I deserve!
Not just now, but in the past, I have always found it ironic how many of us had jobs others would fight for, and we didnt appriciate them as much as they would! In my case, I had a good paying guard job for 35 years. Now, I never in my life ever heard of some kid saying, "I want to be a night watchman when I grow up!" Yet it took good care of me! The funny thing is, I have always loved driveing, wanted a job doing it, yet never have! Now I realise, the stock answer to that is go do it! You will hate it in short order! My step-son drove before I met him or his mother. Then he wanted to be a EMT, he studied, made it, was happy at it, but screwed it up. I paid the down payment on a truck for him, he screwed that up too! He didnt like being away from his family. Well, he screwed around and lost his family too! My wife now doesnt even want to know what he is doing or where he is!
I know truck driveing isnt as romantic as I always dreamed, but if I was in your fix, I would do team driveing in a heart beat!! Surely eventualy you could drive your own rig by yourself? Why not get your wife driveing with you and make a fortune?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Peabody, I can feel for you with your depression and dilema, I know what you mean.

You however sound like a handy feller, please please keep turning your hand to something useful no matter how small, it will be good for your mind and soul. It will help fight the depression.

Is there any critters around you can make burgers with?

Spring is just around the corner, opportunity will follow for sure.

Hang on in there.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Try Schnieder they are always hiring, unfortunately you'll only get home about two days a month....and not in a row either.

I read the suggestions about going back to school, but it seems as though you would have to have done that a bit earlier in life...say at least five or sixs years ago. Our government says more education, how many degrees does one need? Try USGovernmentJobs.com, their always looking for something, and not to be a smart butt, put in for anything irrelevent as to experience or education, let them tell you that. Heck, Osama only had a year or so of experience and now he is your exhalted leader (not mine though).
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Sorry for the thread drift, but did any of you catch what obama said a week or two ago when he said he wanted to FORGIVE student loans if they chose a goverment career? Isnt that just a wee bit unfair to the private secter competeing for new hires? Also just how fair is that to the taxpayer that paid for them, and the new graduates paying off theirs while getting a job in the private sector? How is this guy still amoung us mortal souls and allowed his top job?
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Booger Bill wrote:I am glad I am retired. I dont know what I can say to help you guys out, feel better or give you hope. I will say I never knew a job is suppose to be fun! No one ever told me that when I was young. As dave rasmey would say, I am doing better than I deserve!
Not just now, but in the past, I have always found it ironic how many of us had jobs others would fight for, and we didnt appriciate them as much as they would! In my case, I had a good paying guard job for 35 years. Now, I never in my life ever heard of some kid saying, "I want to be a night watchman when I grow up!" Yet it took good care of me! The funny thing is, I have always loved driveing, wanted a job doing it, yet never have! Now I realise, the stock answer to that is go do it! You will hate it in short order! My step-son drove before I met him or his mother. Then he wanted to be a EMT, he studied, made it, was happy at it, but screwed it up. I paid the down payment on a truck for him, he screwed that up too! He didnt like being away from his family. Well, he screwed around and lost his family too! My wife now doesnt even want to know what he is doing or where he is!
I know truck driveing isnt as romantic as I always dreamed, but if I was in your fix, I would do team driveing in a heart beat!! Surely eventualy you could drive your own rig by yourself? Why not get your wife driveing with you and make a fortune?

bill, i just typed out a book, and it went ''poof''

so, after wearing my finger out, i'll try again.
team driving is super hard, try living with someone you dont know in a space the size of a walk in closet, 24/7
they may take a bath ? they may not ?
they may be able to drive ? they may not .
sleep ? i never could, most drivers cain't sleep whenever truck is moving.
either i ? dont trust the driver , afraid i'll wake up dead. or im being beat to death bouncing around back there in the sleeper.
i wake up at every bump , every sound. totally exhausted, all the time. then I HAVE TO DRIVE !
dont think any of you want to be around me with 80.000 pounds, and im exhausted.
heck, i dont want to be around me ! :mrgreen:
have wife drive ? hahahahahaha... now thats funy right there ! , my wife, cannot drive. she has a license, but ?
dont get me wrong, i love her with all my heart. but she's kinda like edith on archie bunker.......... :shock:
like i said, i love her, dearly, but to trust her in a semi, no way.
she cannot shift, or turn a corner, we've tried.
back up ? forget it.
i once putt her on tractor, she forgot clutch, ran through fence, wire balled up, cut her up pretty good, im standing there helpless, cannot get too her because of the wire flying around.
i felt really bad.
soooo.... team driving is my absolute last resort.
and to be honest, after many many years of driving, millions and millions of miles. im tired and old.
truckin stole my life from me.
i know. self inflicted, but i did make a medicore living, always broke, but we made do.
peabody
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

peabody wrote:
Booger Bill wrote:I am glad I am retired. I dont know what I can say to help you guys out, feel better or give you hope. I will say I never knew a job is suppose to be fun! No one ever told me that when I was young. As dave rasmey would say, I am doing better than I deserve!

bill, i just typed out a book, and it went ''poof''

so, after wearing my finger out, i'll try again.
team driving is super hard, try living with someone you dont know in a space the size of a walk in closet, 24/7
they may take a bath ? they may not ?
they may be able to drive ? they may not .
sleep ? i never could, most drivers cain't sleep whenever truck is moving.
either i ? dont trust the driver , afraid i'll wake up dead. or im being beat to death bouncing around back there in the sleeper.
i wake up at every bump , every sound. totally exhausted, all the time. then I HAVE TO DRIVE !
dont think any of you want to be around me with 80.000 pounds, and im exhausted.
heck, i dont want to be around me ! :mrgreen:
have wife drive ? hahahahahaha... now thats funy right there ! , my wife, cannot drive. she has a license, but ?
dont get me wrong, i love her with all my heart. but she's kinda like edith on archie bunker.......... :shock:
like i said, i love her, dearly, but to trust her in a semi, no way.
she cannot shift, or turn a corner, we've tried.
back up ? forget it.
i once putt her on tractor, she forgot clutch, ran through fence, wire balled up, cut her up pretty good, im standing there helpless, cannot get too her because of the wire flying around.
i felt really bad.
soooo.... team driving is my absolute last resort.
and to be honest, after many many years of driving, millions and millions of miles. im tired and old.
truckin stole my life from me.
i know. self inflicted, but i did make a medicore living, always broke, but we made do.
peabody
I'm the same when some one else is driving, I usually pick my fingers down to the first knuckle :lol:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Nath wrote:Peabody, I can feel for you with your depression and dilema, I know what you mean.

You however sound like a handy feller, please please keep turning your hand to something useful no matter how small, it will be good for your mind and soul. It will help fight the depression.

Is there any critters around you can make burgers with?

Spring is just around the corner, opportunity will follow for sure.

Hang on in there.

Nath.

ya, been huntin squirrels, few wabbits, and a butchered a calf, dong good in the food dept.
ma n' pa always raise a HUGE garden, so we gets by.

yes, spring, may be better, i hopes so.
tired of this snow,
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

been there. laid off from a good paying job in 1983. worked a lot of lowpaying stuff jobs until about 1989. been working well since then. was a lot younger then. i'll turn 50 in march. can't imagine starting over again :cry: i'm fortunate i'm still working, but that could end next week. goodluck in your job search. maybe things will start to turn around.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I can see your point. Ironicly, one of my best friends here just got laid off truck driveing. He and his wife drove team up untill a few years ago. Then they settled down and bought a place here. She quit driveing and got a waitress,s job. He drove local and got laid off about a month ago. They have a lot of animals now and dont want to do the long haul team thing anymore either. They are hurting too. Best of luck to you, merril.
KSRtrd

Post by KSRtrd »

You hang in there, I know the day laborer, dish washer thing is not a great thing been thorough it all and it is rough.
Now that retirement for the second time thing is right now here I guess I will be back to the laborer, short order cook thing.
Most of the kids are truckers or construction and there is nothing for the taking here in this part of Kansas. Now, I understand the stories I heard growing up about the depression. Good times or bad the Lord has our 6 there is no better wingman than that.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Peabody keep your head up. My Mom lost her job last year at the age of 60 I asked for prayers from the good folk here and the Good Lord answered. I will include you in my prayers along with the others here that have been out of work.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

wolfslightshadow wrote:You hang in there, I know the day laborer, dish washer thing is not a great thing been thorough it all and it is rough.
Now that retirement for the second time thing is right now here I guess I will be back to the laborer, short order cook thing.
Most of the kids are truckers or construction and there is nothing for the taking here in this part of Kansas. Now, I understand the stories I heard growing up about the depression. Good times or bad the Lord has our 6 there is no better wingman than that.

thanks for the thoughts, yes, i know . my kid lives in salina.
i used to work in clay center.
its been pretty ruff on everybody.
i did get my foot ? kinda ? into the door at ''xxxxx'' carriers. they told me to call back in a month or so. asking for prayers, i get the job.
right now they full up. but things change, lets hope for the best.

peabody
Last edited by peabody on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Try C.R. England. After last night they should be looking for a driver. One of their guys came into our warehouse lot and pulled his trailer across the front end of one of our tractors.

I run local here in Fla. and we have plenty to do. Trucking is changing though. I see companies all over getting rid of their fleets and turning it over to other companies.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

thanks for all the prayers and support, keep the prayers going.

im trying hard for the ''xxxxx'' carrier job,

they are talking to me, sounds like i've got a shot at it.

peabody
Last edited by peabody on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Well, here's praying you get it. I've been down those roads before and I still like hot dogs.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up peabody. I'm sorry your search has taken so long...
thornblom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by thornblom »

Hey Peabody,

I know how you feel and can sympathize. I am going on 1 year and 3 months of no work. Started off on disability because my psychologist put me on it because of depression. Lost my job of nine years with the same company. I am a NCCCO certified crane operator with no incidents or accidents and 40 years of experience. I will be 63 in May. I guess no one needs an old crane operator. Disability has run out and I am trying to get un-employment. Savings are getting low. I live in southern California. No place to grow a garden. No cows or hogs to butcher. I hope things get better for you soon, me too for that matter. On my last job I was making $37.50 and hr and lots of overtime. Sorta reminds me of one of Marty Robbins old songs, "I'm always on a mountain when I fall."

Sincerely,
Dave (Bubba) Thornblom
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

peabody wrote:well . here it is....one year later, since i got laid off,

im hanging in there, i raised a big garden, butchered two calfs, fixed stuff up around here, cutt wood, fixed fence.

putted around on my motorcycle,

have checked online at truckers.com applyed to over 500 companys, gotten three replys, all of them wanted me to run team. [yuck] wats funny ? is i've got almost 30 years of perfect driving record. all of it hauling liquid chemicals, haz-mat.none of the box trailers want me cause i've no experiance pulling box'es...now is that crazy or what ?
how hard could that be ? after pulling smooth bores ? i live in south central missouri, rual missouri, on a farm , raise a few cows.
im not too much in debt, but cannot survive without some kind of income.
town is 22 miles away. no jobs there, heck ? no jobs in 75 miles. cannot afford to go to work for 7.25 an hour.
i'll be 50 years old , not to long from now.
im just getting mad, every tanker outfit i call says im not in their traffic routes.
im drawing unemployment off of kansas, i've not paid ANYTHING into missouri, im screwed.
patti, [my better half] is barly workin, 20 hours a week, taking care of old sick lady.
my dad says sign up for disability, and high blood pressure, and i have to take anti-depressants pill's.
at leasts that what the doc says, who wouldnt be depressed with no job ? for this long ?
unemployment office just tells me to keep filing. .. so each sunday i type in my claim.
they have never ever called me.not once.ever.
sooo ? maybe pop is right ? cannot sign up for disability till unemployments runs out ? and will probly have to wait two years or more, without any income.
ha. now what ?
i've got maybe ? 7-8 weeks left, of unemployment.

Hang in Peabody, my 1 yr anniversary of unemployment will be 4-1. I'm running short on unemployment too! I do teach a couple aerobics classes a week (can't teach more or lose my benefits). Hoping I can find somethins soon.
Adobe Walls
Levergunner

Post by Adobe Walls »

Howdy.
Peabody;
I can understand the frustrating situation completely. I'm so close to 50 years old I can smell it too. Heck, you may be a neighbor of mine for all I know. You may have noticed that I was asking for prayers of deliverance from my financial issues here. I'll pray for you as others have prayed for me. Too bad we can't get together, drink coffee, and talk about guns while GOD figures out what to do with both of us. Send me a private message if you like. AW
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Peabody,

Have you looked in those little magazine type things they have in the boxes at the truck stops?

I picked up 3 of them today while I was thinking of you. There's a tanker company called Oakly, they have an add in there.

peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Rusty wrote:Peabody,

Have you looked in those little magazine type things they have in the boxes at the truck stops?

I picked up 3 of them today while I was thinking of you. There's a tanker company called Oakly, they have an add in there.

hey ? oakly... ya, i'll look them up. cannot hurt.

bad news folks............ my unemployments ran out today.

state of kansas has a short fall, 9000 of us lost our last 5 weeks of unemployments.

thanks kansas. just paid out a few bills monday. now im pennyless.

government sent money to haiti, sheesh.

peabody
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Peabody, Hang in there. I'm up here in St Louis. Carpenter by trade and been laid off four times in last two years. This time it has been since right before Thanksgiving. I have never been so down in my life. We have been getting by with wifes income and a little savings and FAMILY. I have applied for anything and rarely even got a response. Today I got hired by a decent company. Its not in my field or high paying ,but, its a job. I feel like a huge weight is off of me. We never have lived beyond our means and don't have a lot of debt, which helps. I start in eleven days and can't wait. Praying for you and everybody else having hard times. Kevin
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Hey Peabody,

If you can PM me your mailing address I'll send you some of these recruitment books. They're put out by the companies together with all manner of jobs in them.

Rusty <><

peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

update:

sooo. as you al'll know, applyed for mid-west div, at ''xxxxx'' carriers,

they said im good to go. but ? they full. was going to call them back in one month like they said....but ?

im now without ANY income. my friend mr. xxxxxx, that i used to work with. has a cusin high up the totum pole at ''xxxxx'', one of the ivy tower boys ......

i dont know his name, and dont wanna know.

but , mr. xxxxx called me back, and said to expect a call tomorrow. ?????? now ? i'm having second thoughts.

should i have done that ? i sure hope i havent ticked anyone off, or step on any toes.

my dad said, its not what you know, its WHO you know. he is probly right.

man ! i hopes i havent screwed this up. i guess ? all i can do is see what happens tomorrow. in the meanstime, im still filling out more apps.

peabody
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Rusty wrote:Try C.R. England. After last night they should be looking for a driver. One of their guys came into our warehouse lot and pulled his trailer across the front end of one of our tractors.

I run local here in Fla. and we have plenty to do. Trucking is changing though. I see companies all over getting rid of their fleets and turning it over to other companies.

my late brother in law drove for CR england, he said a few years back, england was a good company, till the owner retired, now they treat the drivers like numbers, and dont care if you ever get home.
you would thinks ? after almost 30 years out there, all the people i know. its still tuff, im networking all my buddys, and pulling strings.
i've got three leads for tomorrow.....we'll see.

peabody
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Mr. Peabody, I have a feeling that something will work out for you. Keep pluggin'! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Rusty wrote:Hey Peabody,

If you can PM me your mailing address I'll send you some of these recruitment books. They're put out by the companies together with all manner of jobs in them.

Rusty <><

thanks rusty, thats ok.. i'll be past a truck stop soon.

i'll pick one up. i've got everybody i know in the truckin world, all giving me ideals.

i've probly made another 30 phone call's today.

i feel positive, something will break loose.

again, thanks.

peabody
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

claybob86 wrote:Mr. Peabody, I have a feeling that something will work out for you. Keep pluggin'! :)

claybob.... im a-pluggin !!!!

thanks ! :mrgreen: