OT--3rd Time Hammered--I'm Gonna Shoot The Snow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--3rd Time Hammered--I'm Gonna Shoot The Snow

Post by Sixgun »

Fellow Guncranks,
I played hooky from work today for obvious reasons :D Probably tomorrow too :D :D .The rotten company I work for told the workers yesterday that anyone who shows up for work will be forced to work 12 hours. I directly told my supervisor "thank you" for warning me and for him not to expect me in as my home responsibilities are more important than some corporate company's share holder's portfolios.

This is the third huge snowfall of the season, the second in a week. looks like 2' has fallen on 2' we already had. I'm gettin' sick of it so I grabbed an old octagon barreled '86 and let loose some rounds :D (not really--just for your entertainment :D -----------Sixgun

A real lifesaver!

A 10 X 6 trailer is in there somewhere!

The old homestead is near buried--I hope the roof holds out! (I know, I know, The flag needs to be replaced) :cry:

My daughter's Eclipse--Notice my Jeeps in the garage all nice and dry. :D

Its time like this I really feel for our four footed friends--Don't call PETA, they have a barn to go into!
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--3rd Time Hammered--I'm Gonna Shoot The Snow

Post by 2ndovc »

Jack,

You're shooting that rifle with the wrong hand!!

We've only got about a foot but the Boss kicked us out early anyway. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

tractors sure beat shovel work my horses stay out in the snow/cold 24-7 bout the only time they go in the barn if theres a cold icey rain with alot of wind. Sixgun wheres the pic of momma piling snow while you sit back and relax. All that moisture will be good for the pasture and hay fields. danny
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have lived where it snowed like that, but I am just not interested in that much snow anymore. Stay safe.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Big deal, Jack! We got about 7 inches of snow here in Pueblo West so far this winter. Makes me home sick for Pennsylvania.

Seriously, you take care in that weather.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Nice Kubota!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

jack, how many acres you have there?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

Thankyou for stickin it to the man!!!

If you're gonna shoot the snow....a .45 caliber bullet is definetly the way to go. With a single shot, a fella could take out quite a few snowflakes before running out of steam. Or do the flakes get converted to steam?

Whatever.

Perhaps you should add a snowmobile to the inventory. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

2ndovc wrote:Jack,
You're shooting that rifle with the wrong hand!!
Jason, I'm a lefty with longguns and a righty with revolvers. Seriously left eye dominate.---Me

Pillar--yea! Gives me a warm glow to the heart everytime I "stick it" to the man. (easy to tell I'm a union guy)
Snowmobile? I had 'em but it always seemed like I worked on 'em more than I drove 'em. This is the East where the we USUALLY don't get more than 6" or so and the temps are not as cold as the West, so.........those conditions beat a snowmobile all to heck.-----Sixgun
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

rjohns94 wrote:jack, how many acres you have there?
Mike--4.2 but our property butts up to my in-laws who have 25 so the horses have plenty of grass. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

BigSky56 wrote:tractors sure beat shovel work my horses stay out in the snow/cold 24-7 bout the only time they go in the barn if theres a cold icey rain with alot of wind. Sixgun wheres the pic of momma piling snow while you sit back and relax. danny
Danny--My wife is Italian--She tells ME what to do!
Other guys from out West tell me the same thing about the horses staying out 24/7. I agree. For real--if that was the case here, the SPCA would be at our house with a horse trailer and that would be the end of them.

Reds! Where you been hiding? 7" in Pueblo? Gots to be a local record :D
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I got my posterior thouroughly kicked by an old cowboy because I went out and broke a layer of ice off of a
horse one winter.
SAID THE HORSE WAS BETTER OFF WITHOUT ME.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Oh goa ahead ans shoot the snow!

According to info in the "Snowbank" thread the bullet will be stopped somewhere between three feet and thirty feet.

You Yankee boys will be able to laugh at us in the Deep South by Friday. We are expecting 2-3" on Friday. That is enough to shut things down three or four days, if it sticks that long.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

To kool!!

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

With your cammo on I didn't even notice you in the picture. :lol:

Watch out for the snow snakes ! Better stay armed.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Man, those snow pics are beautiful, Jack! So much deep, deep snow! :D It jogs my memory of yesteryear. How about sending some of that beautiful white stuff you have up north? Jack, my man, you're hogging it all and having all the fun this winter! Mercy, mercy, our grass is showing in Maine and no snow is even in the forecast! :( :o Wait!...it just hit me!...the grass is showing!...that means NO SHOVELING for me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, Jack!!! You, rjohns94 and all you mid-Atlantic boys are top notch. Plenty of your shoveling ought to me mine! Thanks men!!! I'm indebted to you and...yes...I owe you all a beer!!! In the meantime...but keep shoveling, don't hurt your backs and, Jack, keep shooting at the snow flakes if that helps ease your mind!

I'm going to go for a stroll now and walk the dog! :D

PS: Jack, I would send you my snow shovels to help you out, but...alas...I don't even know where they are in the garage! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You best just go reload that '86 and don't flinch! Shootin' snow flakes...yes,that could drive a good man mad!!!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

mod71alaska wrote: How about sending some of that beautiful white stuff you have up north? Jack, my man, you're hogging it all and having all the fun this winter!
Yeah! You fellows down south are hogging all the snow. Up here, we only have about 6-12".
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Guess What ! Ya got more coming at ya. :o
It was here in Arizona yesterday, and heading East. :wink:

Now what ya gonna do ?
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep it snowed here last week, but it all melted before it hit the ground so we didn't have to shovel any. Expecting more tomorrow.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I forgot to tell you boys. I hate my neighbors. (yea, I know, its not the most Christian thing to do, but sometimes you just gotta hate.) Its my wife's sister who live several hundred yards due West. After getting home from work today, I fired up the Kubota and built this wall of snow so they can't "peek" over at me.--------Sixgun

Oh, Victor--I do very little shoveling. Thats what the tractor and slowblower is for :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Nice snow wall ..... perfect for capturing fired bullets. I did that with an old pitted 43 Mauser once and in the spring retrieved the bullets, all showing a neat channel cut into them by high pressure gases escaping around the bullet as it was fired. It looked like a little gully melted into the side of the bullet.