Even more Leverguns East Texas Hog Hunt pictures

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Even more Leverguns East Texas Hog Hunt pictures

Post by vancelw »

I forgot to take my camera out in the mud, er, I mean woods. But, here's a few pics.

It looks like Fred is wondering, "Who made this mess?"
Dead pigs.jpg
Fred's still wondering what that is hanging up there. (I'm just kidding Fred. It's my fault for not saying, "Say, 'Cheese.'")
Also Will and Jason (or at least the top half of Will)
Trio of marksmen.jpg
Ricky doing it the dutch oven way....and it was tasty. And, just like at Grandma's house, I didn't ask what kind of meat was in it, I just wanted to enjoy the moment :D
Cookie.jpg

You decide what kind of pair. It's either a pair of goats or a pair of "guys whose coveralls have shrunk." I told Jack he could use my camera but that he'd never catch me with my eyes open.
Pair.jpg
Great fun. It's good to make friends from all over this great nation. (hope that wasn't too political)
I have that ram soaking in the fridge right now. I'll give a taste report within the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Even more Leverguns East Texas Hog Hunt pictures

Post by 86er »

It was great to hunt with you Vance. We must do it again sometime.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

More good pictures, and reminders of a great time.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Good pictures Vance, especially those with me in them :D . I think it may be time for both of us to break down and buy some new coveralls, and maybe a size bigger wouldn't hurt either. :lol:
Ricky

DWWC
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I blame it on the wife for washing them in hot water, don't you? :oops:

I ate some of the critter today. Pretty tasty (everything is with enough gravy, salt, and pepper) A little on the chewy side. I may have to break out the pressure cooker.

I told Bryan B. I'd bring his some Pronghorn to try the next time I roll through that way. Somebody has to help me clean out my freezer before next season. (my coverall are too tight to do it all myself.)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Big Mike and I thought tight coveralls was some kind of East Texas thing. Glad you cleared that up!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

86er wrote:Big Mike and I thought tight coveralls was some kind of East Texas thing. Glad you cleared that up!

Yeah , that's it! It's a fashion statement. :D

Nope...it's from sitting behind a desk too much and not going hunting and fishing enough. :cry:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Camoflauge makes me look fat.

:oops:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't think it is the camouflage for me. I think the excess weight from not enough hunting and fishing is what does it to me. Notice that I only was in one single picture the whole weekend. The cameras didn't have any wide angle lenses.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

piller wrote: Notice that I only was in one single picture the whole weekend. The cameras didn't have any wide angle lenses.
You spent too much time in the kitchen to get your picture taken much, but we thank you very much for that!

I can't believe we didn't teach Big Mike how to play 42 or numbly-peg. :o What kind of southern hospitality was that?