OT: A good phone call

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

OT: A good phone call

Post by MikeS. »

My 26 year old daughter has been with a 31 year old abusive alcoholic non-working bum for about 2 years. We have tried to get her to leave him for at least a year now, since we found out what he is really like.

Especially since we found out that she is pregnant. 4 months along.

Well finally she called me tonight to come get her. So I drove up to Pa. and got her and some of her things. Hopefully she'll have the courage to stay away from him.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( I just don't know what makes people stay with those that hurt them.....I hope she listens to her heart on this one.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I hope this is the start of something better for her.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Good for her, she'll be in my prayers.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Nobody wants to see a woman being abused, and society has become much more accepting of single mothers.

Me, I don't know which is worse for a woman.

I guess one is better than both.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Good luck and best wishes to you.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

good wishes for your family
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good for her.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

very good move....and prayers sent....
maybe a bunch of us guys need to take a road trip..
and give him some.....shall we say "guidence"
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

We could do a "Levergunner Intervention" :twisted:

Love is a funny, and sometimes not-so-funny, thing.

I'll pray that she reaches right understanding, and comes to respect herself more than he does.

Oh, and congratulations, Grandpa!!

(Let us know about if you want the intervention)
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

If I had a daughter and some dude was abusive to her in any way. I'd probably be hauled away in handcuffs in no time flat.

Men who beat women are half a notch above child molesters on the totem pole of scumbaggery.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Jason_W wrote:If I had a daughter and some dude was abusive to her in any way. I'd probably be hauled away in handcuffs in no time flat.

Men who beat women are half a notch above child molesters on the totem pole of scumbaggery.
Not casting stones, and my comment is intended to be contemplated outside the realm of the current thread to offer a personal observation and opinion.

I have myself stepped in between domestic partners to stop fights and prevent beatings, and I oftimes agree with the "scumbag" sentiment expressed, but I will observe that some women, like some men, deserve nothing better than a sound beating.

:o
Last edited by FWiedner on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Glad she got away and is coming back under your wing. I really hate to hear these things, but hopefully now he will find other pastures with your daughter under the care of loving(and armed :wink: ) family. Cowards usually find other places to operate when it's not easy for them to do what they want to do. God bless you all.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

He's a real puss, he won't face me but he might try something behind my back.

Thanks guys.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

you have hit on a major problem this type of man(I really hate to use that title for pond scum), will try to attack her thru you .Watch your six.
Twenty + years as a LEO, and I have a daughter go thru the same things.Prayers up for you and yours . Doug
a armed man is his own master
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Marriage and relationships are tuff sometimes, but you don’t want to ever cross that line. Having being married with two daughters of my own, I dread the day I am faced with that situation. If any man ever lays a hand on either, I will do my best to throw him back across that line. Its just one of those things you just don’t tolerate. Good on you sir for having the restraint on not burying this guy. I can’t say for sure that I would
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

Good for her and she's not only watching out for her safety but also the life of the unborn baby God Bless them
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

FWiedner wrote:
Jason_W wrote:If I had a daughter and some dude was abusive to her in any way. I'd probably be hauled away in handcuffs in no time flat.

Not casting stones, and my comment is intended to be contemplated outside the realm of the current thread to offer a personal observation and opinion.

I have myself stepped in between domestic partners to stop fights and prevent beatings, and I oftimes agree with the "scumbag" sentiment expressed, but I will observe that some women, like some men, deserve nothing better than a sound beating.

:o
As a kid (barely 21) I pulled up beside a car on the highway where a man was kicking a woman he'd evidently chased/hauled out of a car, and although several cars had stopped and people were half out of the cars yelling at him to stop, all were either elderly or other women, and evidently I was the only sinner of the bunch (had a loaded gun under the seat), because I didn't really want to physically intervene, or let loose any bullets (especially since the only gun I had, and was carrying, at the time, was a Super Blackhawk 8) ), but was able to shout loud enough for them to hear "Maam - do you want to borrow this GUN...?" The guy stood up, looked over his shoulder, and while he hesitated at the sight of the large gun I was cheerfully holding up, she kicked him where it counts, and scrambled away to her car, taking off in a cloud of dust. Everyone else just left, and once the guy repositioned his gonads, I suppose he had a long walk home! I'd forgotten the incident until now. One of those times things could have gone wrong, but didn't, and I'm not sure I've ever thought of any different way (no cell phones then) to handle the situation that would be better. I would NOT have actually loaned her the gun, though, but it distracted/stopped him, which was my only goal
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Glad to hear you got her to safety. My best wishes and prayers to you and yours. Remember to watch your back. those kind od guys are not real good at face to face.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Glad she's coming home Mike, but unfortunately she'll be stuck with that clown in her life in some way once they have a child together. Pray that he someday signs over his parental rights, so she can move on without him dropping in occasionally!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good for you Mike. Prayers up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Best of luck , friend.

I hope things work out for the best for mother, child, and family.

I know what you are going through, and offer whatever help I can.

It's a tough road, but the one a man should take. And for a daughter, to have a father in her life, is sometimes enough. Hang tough , buddy. I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

I know I can't say enough, but I've seen what happens when a precious little girl is allowed to stray, so I can say this; Be strong, be honest, don't insult the ex*, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

* To you, he doesn't exist. Your the father, and therefore the man she needs.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Well my idiot daughter went back to that worthless bum tonight. Her mother and I are just at a loss. We couldn't talk her out of it. :(
MikeS.

Master Mason
Jefferson county, WV.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

darn. I was just typing out that I was glad to hear she left when I saw your update... :(
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sorry to hear that, its not too late, she may change her mind! Will keep you and your family in my prayers!
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

MikeS. wrote:Well my idiot daughter went back to that worthless bum tonight. Her mother and I are just at a loss. We couldn't talk her out of it. :(
Wow, real sorry to hear that. Don't give up on trying to talk some sense into her.