Cimarron 16" short rifle (Trapper)?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Cimarron 16" short rifle (Trapper)?

Post by Poohgyrr »

John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cimarron 16" short rifle (Trapper)?

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Someone else on this forum just bought one....in another post just a few days ago...
I think he bought the El Darado....and a few other guys have cimarrons...
They are pretty nice shooters from what I hear...
That trapper looks pretty nice...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thats really nice. I had an 1886 that I used on a hunt from them that performed very well. Now if that trapper was in a takedown and in .357, that would be the cats meow!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I don't understand why (unless they're clueless) Cimarron branded a Short Rifle pattern gun, "Trapper".

Note the rifle/crescent butt and long forend with rifle nosecap on the short barrel - "trapper's" forend wood generally runs half the barrel length (or a tad less), with a barrel band around the front ILO that nosecap.

Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I have to guess they did it because of the 16" barrel.In any case, I like the 16" pistol caliber Levers, and especially that combination of crescent stock, fore end, and octagon barrel.

The "regular" Trappers are favorites too.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt