OT- Is propellant edible?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Is propellant edible?

Post by Otto »

Long story, serious question. Don't worry, I'm sticking with Cheezits. They're cheaper.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT- Is propellant edible?

Post by Blaine »

I have heard stories, but can not confirm, that black powder was sometimes a substitute for salt....I wonder if it had a chilling effect on the birth rate, what with the saltpiter.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I have, but only when I was too close. Still kickin'
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Blackpowder?, Yeah, but only if you want to make yourself sick or you like the taste of charcol (amorphous carbon black), elemental sulfer and potassium nitrate. :P
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have heard stories of people feeding gun powder to their dogs to make them meaner. I don't know if it works.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Rusty wrote:I have heard stories of people feeding gun powder to their dogs to make them meaner. I don't know if it works.
Yea! Me too----It has to be an old "wives tale" but....................I have a lot of dogs who are always scrounging for food and they like to spend time around my loading bench ...........and.......................those buggers are downright mean.

I dono, maybe they get it from my wife :D --------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I would bet that ingesting a nitrocellulose and/or nitroglycerin based propellant would cause and excess of nitrogen oxides in your system and result in vasodilation. If you happen to be having severe chest pains at the time, a teaspoon of Accurate #2 might keep you around for the trip to the hospital, but otherwise I would stay away from seasoning with any of the smokeless powders. :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hmmmm....charcoal: People take it to clean out their liver......Sulpher is a kind of bowel loosener, and nitre is actually used in upper respertory(sp?) infections to ease congestion and coughing....... Kind of a 3-in-One Oil in a shotshell......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Can't wait for AJ to see this thread. :?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

BlaineG wrote:Hmmmm....charcoal: People take it to clean out their liver......Sulpher is a kind of bowel loosener, and nitre is actually used in upper respertory(sp?) infections to ease congestion and coughing....... Kind of a 3-in-One Oil in a shotshell......

You better get a hold of some marketing people right away! I think you're onto something! :lol:
NRA Life Member
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I would bet that ingesting a nitrocellulose and/or nitroglycerin based propellant would cause and excess of nitrogen oxides in your system and result in vasodilation. If you happen to be having severe chest pains at the time, a teaspoon of Accurate #2 might keep you around for the trip to the hospital, but otherwise I would stay away from seasoning with any of the smokeless powders. :wink:
Actually saw this in a medical journal.....nitrocellulose/nitroglycerin based smokeless powder as anti-arythmetic(spelling?), that and a couple of pills made out of acetylsalicylic acid (pure aspirin) go along ways to helping someone in pinch having a heart attack.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I can see it now, :shock:

"SOMEBODY HELP ME, i'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK"

" YEH NO WORRIES MATE, HANG ON WHILE i GRAB MY GUN"

That should put him at easy right away :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If you eat much of the smokeless powder and do not have heart trouble, then you will know what a severe migraine feels like. As one who has had a 6 month long migraine cluster when younger, you don't want any migraine at all. Trust me on this. And, no, it wasn't from eating gunpowder, just chocolate.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I would bet that ingesting a nitrocellulose and/or nitroglycerin based propellant would cause and excess of nitrogen oxides in your system and result in vasodilation. If you happen to be having severe chest pains at the time, a teaspoon of Accurate #2 might keep you around for the trip to the hospital, but otherwise I would stay away from seasoning with any of the smokeless powders. :wink:
No, no, no, you have it all wrong - Accurate #2 is clearly inferior to Bullseye - any first year medical student knows that...! :lol:

I agree that any bioavailable nitroglycerine would likely give the person either a) relief from their angina, or b) near-syncope and severe headache. As for black powder - yuck...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

AJMD429 wrote:
No, no, no, you have it all wrong - Accurate #2 is clearly inferior to Bullseye - any first year medical student knows that...! :lol:

I agree that any bioavailable nitroglycerine would likely give the person either a) relief from their angina, or b) near-syncope and severe headache. As for black powder - yuck...
That's why you take the two aspirin.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Well, just don't use it as icing on your wife's birthday cake with all the candles. 8)
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

KirkD, don't you know that you are supposed to somehow put too few candles on your wife's birthday cake? All the candles, that is a good way to make her explode even without gunpowder.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I dunno about edible, but I do know that Unique will tattoo the white of yer eye if ya get a flake stuck to it. I had a nice round dark grey spot on the white of an eye for a couple of years after an errant flake got stuck to my eye and dissolved before I figured out why my eye was itching. It was on that day I stopped using canned air to clean my press.....
Certified gun nut
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I would imagine that Bullseye would be better, as I believe it has a higher nitroglycerin percentage. Maybe 1/8th teaspoon I would imagine, at the most, maybe not even that much. Don't think I will try it though.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

Rosie O"Donnell uses it for toothpaste. Thats why she is always shooting her mouth off.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

piller wrote:KirkD, don't you know that you are supposed to somehow put too few candles on your wife's birthday cake? All the candles, that is a good way to make her explode even without gunpowder.
Good idea! That way I won't have to get in a sweat wondering if the whole house is going to go up in flames.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Bullseye is great, its one of my favorite brands of BBQ sauce. :)
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Ahhh, a plethora of entertaining and educational responses. :lol:

I would have been disappointed with anything else from this bunch!

-Stretch
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

A tough old badlanders rancher once told his grandson that the secret to long life was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did religiously, and he lived to be 93. When he died, he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, and 35 great-grandchildren...and a 15 foot hole in the wall of the crematorium....
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

awp101 wrote:A tough old badlanders rancher once told his grandson that the secret to long life was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did religiously, and he lived to be 93. When he died, he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, and 35 great-grandchildren...and a 15 foot hole in the wall of the crematorium....
Old West heart pills ;)