Shot Show 2010 Day 1

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Shot Show 2010 Day 1

Post by deerwhacker444 »

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Shot Show 2010 Day 1

Post by J Miller »

Hmmm, there's a few guns in there that interest me. The Marlin Mdl 60 50th Anniversary for one. Browning Hi Power 75 Anniversary for another.
Might look up one of the Marlins.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I noticed the picture of the Glock 50 caliber conversion seems to be showing off some of the new Grizzly Ammo bullets. Looks like those 50's open up pretty wide. :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i like the take down model 92 wonder if they have .357?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I think that I could spend a lot of money and have a ton of fun with most of the guns shown there. Where to start??? That .45 Auto caliber semi-auto carbine looks like it would be more fun than I've had in a while. That 30 shot .22Magnum pistol looks interesting. The Barrett rifle would be fun to see from just how far away I could punch holes in paper. The 12 guage that looks like an overgrown AR15 would be fun to try. That might do for starters. How does Jeff Quinn deal with being around all those guns and not die from stress of wondering which one to shoot first?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

How about that revolving rifle. I'm not sure of the practicality, but I love the look.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am sure it would be a lot of fun to try. Can we, please, can we???
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

Although not the one pictured in the SHOT show pics, I have a revolving cylinder carbine. It is made by Uberti, called a Cattleman's Carbine, and is based on a Remington Style revolver. 18 inch barrel, .44 caliber. I loved the look as well. It is, however, not too practical to shoot. You have to be careful to keep both hands behind the cylinder. The hot gases coming from the small gap between frame and cylinder will scorch you. So, you need to learn a good firing stance/position. And of course a chain fire would be very bad indeed.

I purchased an R&D Cylinder for that rifle that allows the use of .45 Long Colt cartridges. Now I use that most of the time when I shoot that rifle. It's a two piece cylinder that opens to accept the cartridges, then has a 'firing pin' for each chamber. Clean-up is easier, etc. Last fall I loaded the BP cylinder at home, carried it with me to the range, and then finished the day making lots of smoke. That was after several .45 LC loads. Did not have a problem.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Good pics....ole Bonnie with the ATI AR style shotgun looks like she either stepped in something or just finished a bowl of mescalero's New Mexican chili......

jumbeaux
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Day 2 report/pics are on now....

jumbeaux
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Hmmm......Rhino revolver. So that's what it looks like when a rhino eats your revolver and leaves it in a pile of dung.