**OT** Diets For A Particular Blood Type

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

**OT** Diets For A Particular Blood Type

Post by Blaine »

I've been hearing about these lately. Has anyone done one correctly and stuck with it long enough to form an opinion?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The only thing that works for certain is to reduce calories and increase the exercise. Works for everyone. Would work for me if I wasn't so busy socializing...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

I've been doing the type B (beer) diet, haven't lost any weight but It's easy to stick to. :oops:
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:D :D My buddies :P It's not all just to lose weight.......Check it out on Google.......very interesting. Right off the bat I noticed enough things that are not good for me that I'm gonna try to do it for a month. B Types are rice burners and need to be gluten free. among other things......

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

The Eat Right For Your Blood Type is another good tool. We are all individuals and eating strictly by that book may not be the best for you. Works great for some. Gluten free eating is good. Try millet as a cooked starch with dinner, and there are millet and flax seed breads and flatbreads that rock.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I'll second exercise. I don't care what you eat, if you do not make an attempt to metabolise your intake, you'll get fat and lazey.

Please talk to your doc before you try any diet.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I think you guys with some of the common blood types would be healthier if you did not eat meat like beef, pork, lamb. Avoid those at all costs. Eat more vegetables. Less beef. That's the ticket to good health for you guys with the blood types that are most common. Maybe if you all work together on eating "right" for your blood type you can see if you can make a difference in the global demand for these "bad" foods. That's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping you healthy eaters can cause a serious drop in the demand for beef...which should result in quite a price break for us red blooded American men who DO eat beef, pork, and lamb. Thanks for working with me on this.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Blaine this is not exactly what you are asking but you may find it interesting.

Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

ursavus.elemensis wrote:I think you guys with some of the common blood types would be healthier if you did not eat meat like beef, pork, lamb. Avoid those at all costs. Eat more vegetables. Less beef. That's the ticket to good health for you guys with the blood types that are most common. Maybe if you all work together on eating "right" for your blood type you can see if you can make a difference in the global demand for these "bad" foods. That's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping you healthy eaters can cause a serious drop in the demand for beef...which should result in quite a price break for us red blooded American men who DO eat beef, pork, and lamb. Thanks for working with me on this.
Beef, turkey, venison, pheasant good.......Pork, chicken shellfish bad........Sorry, bubba, beef just got higher in demand; I was a hard core chicken and pork fella. No tomatoes, corn is horrible for me and not too many nuts...Gluten free is best and oatmeal is fine..I'll stick to it for a month and see how my blood sugar and blood pressure and overall health feels to me.......BTW, I do get some exercise, especially during hunting season.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

Wish I had thought of that one, written the book, gone on the shows, and retired young selling books.

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): Hobie hit the nail on the head, less calories in and more calories out, while maintaining a well rounded diet, You will lose weight!
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I used to be a wormy, slight built little fellow. But then I started working 12 hour night shifts and stopping by fast food joints. My weight fluctuates from between 80 and 100 lbs. too much for my height.

My doctor put me on an extremely low carb diet due to my colesterol being extremely low and the triglyceries way too high. He said I have the "O" nordic metabolism. Meat, eggs, cheese, salad, green veggies is all I am supposed to eat . It works but is nigh on impossible to stay on as there are no true low carb options at the paid feeding troughs.

Those who advocate the low carb diet admit in fine print that it is unsustainable and that you will die if you stay on it long. You can die of malnutrition with belly full of prime rib. Plenty of fiber is a must! When I first started this diet it sounded fun seeing how I'm much the carnivore but like anything in life moderation and variety is the best.

Like Hobie and others say: Eat less and excercise more. I'm preaching to me too. It is just very hard to do on three hours sleep. Working nights and sleeping little and light during the day can make you fat without the extra calories.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote:I used to be a wormy, slight built little fellow. But then I started working 12 hour night shifts and stopping by fast food joints. My weight fluctuates from between 80 and 100 lbs. too much for my height.

My doctor put me on an extremely low carb diet due to my colesterol being extremely low and the triglyceries way too high. He said I have the "O" nordic metabolism. Meat, eggs, cheese, salad, green veggies is all I am supposed to eat . It works but is nigh on impossible to stay on as there are no true low carb options at the paid feeding troughs.

Those who advocate the low carb diet admit in fine print that it is unsustainable and that you will die if you stay on it long. You can die of malnutrition with belly full of prime rib. Plenty of fiber is a must! When I first started this diet it sounded fun seeing how I'm much the carnivore but like anything in life moderation and variety is the best.

Like Hobie and others say: Eat less and excercise more. I'm preaching to me too. It is just very hard to do on three hours sleep. Working nights and sleeping little and light during the day can make you fat without the extra calories.
Ray, fear not: I get plenty of carbs, but from taters and rice, millet, oats and a couple more.....just no corn, wheat and most starchy beans.......THis is very doable, very balanced diet......(I didn't get my usual afternoon heartburn today 8) )

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

Post by centershot »

A diet formulated for your specific blood type. Hmmmm.... if you can't see what is wrong with this picture, you need to start looking at nutrition from the side of science. Being an RN, I have done exactly that, and I assure you that what Hobie has outlined so succinctly above is the absolute truth! :D Barring any type of disease process, a reasonable diet and a reasonable amount of exercise is the road to good health. Fad diets are exactly that - fads! :x
If you want to lose some weight, want to improve your overall health and physical condition, then make an appointment with your M. D. and explain to him or her what you want to do. Follow their recommendations. You won't be sorry. :D Leave the fad diets to the liberals, we don't need them anyway! :lol:

centershot
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

What blood type do you have? Mine is red with high octane. :D I was told to change my diet. The problem is everything I like is not on the diet. When I stuck to the diet I got Gout. The Dr. handed me a new diet which was opposite of the first diet. :x

So I take one pill if I don't eat right and another if I do. One pill for the stress of not knowing what to eat and another cause the other pills still don't regulate the bad Cholesterol. I take another to make sure I get my vitamins.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I knew a fellow that was a health freak of sorts always ensuring that he had plenty of antioxidants and only ate organic foods. He exercised regularly and had no body fat to speak of. He was a picture of perfect health throughout his entire life. Sunday morning he got out of bed to walk to the bathroom and dropped dead at the ripe old age of 57. When your number is up, it's up. You can do the best you can to stay healthy and in the end you are still going to die. For me, I enjoy this short time that I have on this earth. About the only preventive measures I take are to ensure that I drink enough beer to keep the pipes flushed out and thank God everyday for the blessing that he has bestowed upon me. I figure the best way that I can honor Him is to enjoy what He has given me.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

centershot wrote:A diet formulated for your specific blood type. Hmmmm.... if you can't see what is wrong with this picture, you need to start looking at nutrition from the side of science. Being an RN, I have done exactly that, and I assure you that what Hobie has outlined so succinctly above is the absolute truth! :D Barring any type of disease process, a reasonable diet and a reasonable amount of exercise is the road to good health. Fad diets are exactly that - fads! :x
If you want to lose some weight, want to improve your overall health and physical condition, then make an appointment with your M. D. and explain to him or her what you want to do. Follow their recommendations. You won't be sorry. :D Leave the fad diets to the liberals, we don't need them anyway! :lol:

centershot
Pard, if you can't imagine a well rounded diet from what I told you I can have, you ain't trying.......You just saw something new and started hollerin' BS :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

It reminds me of that saying about how someday all of these really healthy people are going to feel real foolish when they're lying in a hospital bed dying of nothing.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There is no standard body and there is no standard diet. I can eat pretty much anything and it is all good for me. Others can't. Populations over thousands of years got used to diets in their local including the mineralization in the water. Now the populations have traveled and mixed. And, the food has been changed. Hobie's view is true but an oversimplification. There are diets that you can lose weight on with more calories due to content. And, there are ones you can gain on with less due to the wrong foods for you.
Last edited by Old Savage on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

There is so much dissension within the American Medical Association about diet, I do not trust them to really know what's best for me.

It's not just them. To me, it seems everyone involved in nutrition has their own scientific - or nonscientific - study of what's best.

I agree with Old Savage.
Kind regards,
Tycer
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Not an oversimplification Fred. If you are gaining eating 3000 calories and sitting on your butt, eat 2500 and move a bit, still gaining, eat 2000 and move a bit more. You'll find your balance point and just need to slide to the other side to lose weight at a rate with which you're comfortable.

I think it goes without saying that one should eat balanced meals without those things that make you ill (and don't we all have one thing that sets us off?).

This always works for good health AND maintaining weight.

Now, I've known fit 48-55 year olds who died suddenly and unexpectedly like my friend Mike Mays who died in Dec 2006 at age 52. I've also known 90-something year olds who drank and smoked most of their lives...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:Not an oversimplification Fred. If you are gaining eating 3000 calories and sitting on your butt, eat 2500 and move a bit, still gaining, eat 2000 and move a bit more. You'll find your balance point and just need to slide to the other side to lose weight at a rate with which you're comfortable.

I think it goes without saying that one should eat balanced meals without those things that make you ill (and don't we all have one thing that sets us off?).

This always works for good health AND maintaining weight.

Now, I've known fit 48-55 year olds who died suddenly and unexpectedly like my friend Mike Mays who died in Dec 2006 at age 52. I've also known 90-something year olds who drank and smoked most of their lives...
Hobie, a "diet" is not only for losing weight. FWIW, I slept soundly last night without "help" for the first time in a long time and my blood sugar was 50 points lower than it's been in the morning in a month.... :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The calorie issue is important but what is in the diet or not is important and critical to some people. Blaine is getting at the health issue as he notes. That is the point I was getting at on oversimplification.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Must get bread machine and a couple books. I'm gonna need a sammich real, real soon and some pizza bread.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Re: **OT** Diets For A Particular Blood Type

Post by gregg »

BlaineG wrote:I've been hearing about these lately. Has anyone done one correctly and stuck with it long enough to form an opinion?
Keep us informed. I have a total colesterol of 97.. Not a good thing. Been many studys on this. Like to find out how it all works for you. Now I got to go find out my blood type.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

BlaineG wrote:Must get bread machine and a couple books. I'm gonna need a sammich real, real soon and some pizza bread.....
LOL!
Kind regards,
Tycer