TRAJECTORIES

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BUCKNIFE
Levergunner

TRAJECTORIES

Post by BUCKNIFE »

can anyone give me a website for trajectories for the 357 mag and 44 mag out of carbines. bullet weigts of 158 and 240 grains especially. just need some ideas as to what to expect did some shooting withmy rossi 92 yesterday and was surprised and dissapointed. thanks rick :o
RICK
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: TRAJECTORIES

Post by Terry Murbach »

MUCH WILL DEPEND ON WHICH 158gr AND 240gr BULLETS ABOUT WHICH YOU SEEK INFORMATION. SOME SHOOT LOTS FLATTER THAN OTHERS.
THERE ARE TABLES FOR SUCH IN THE BACK OF ALL LOADING MANUALS FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT BRANDS OF COMMERCIAL BULLETS.
LET ME NOTE HERE AND NOW THAT 158gr 35 CALIBER BULLETS AND 240gr 44 CALIBER BULLETS ARE ONLY SLIGHTLY REMOVED FROM THROWING ROCKS AND HAVE A TRAJECTORY PROVING IT DUE TO THEIR INNATE SHORTNESS FOR CALIBER.
AND LASTLY LET ME NOTE THAT I HAVE NEVER EVER TESTED ANY BULLETS OUT TO DISTANCE THAT DIDN'T HAVE A SLIGHTLY FLATTER TRAJECTORY THAN THE BOOK TABLES SHOWED THEY WOULD.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, any shooter would be miles ahead to chart their own ballistic table(s), using their own particular rifle and ammo - shooting at various known distances after first achieving a good 100yd zero.

After all - YOU'RE the shooter that's going to be using THAT GUN, with THAT AMMO.

BUCKNIFE
Levergunner

Post by BUCKNIFE »

THANKS NATH THAT HELPS SOME I HAVE DONE SOME TESTING WITH THIS GUN AND LOOKING AT THE SITES THIS EVENING I NOTICED THE REAR SITE WAS UP ONE NOTCH HIGHER ON THE LADDER. THAT MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
RICK
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I did this some time ago for the Remington loads, from their info. The .357 and .44 mag were the same. Here it is at muzzle and each 25 yards, with a 150 yard zero:

m=-1
25=1.44
50=3.14
75=4
100=3.84
125=2.55
150=0
175=-4.05
200=-9.75
225=-17.24
250=-26.69
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

That is a very useful site Steve, thanks for posting the link. :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
jimkim
Levergunner

Post by jimkim »

I use the calculator at Real Guns. They have a fairly extensive bullet data base. http://www.realguns.com/calc/exteriorba ... 0.358+4225 If you can find(punch in the diam. and the selection pops up) your bullet, and know the MV it will compute the rest.
BUCKNIFE
Levergunner

Post by BUCKNIFE »

THANKS STEVE I LIKE THAT ONE. :D AND I SAVED THAT SITE IN MY FOVORITES.
RICK