WTB Everything for a 256 Win Mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
uncowboy
Levergunner 1.0

WTB Everything for a 256 Win Mag

Post by uncowboy »

I hve a Marlin on the way and I need everthing to feed it. If you have Dies Case forming die brass bullets or a bullet mold and bullet sizer tou want to sell please Email me at uncowboy@comcast.net Thank you and Merry Christmas
J.Michael
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WTB Everything for a 256 Win Mag

Post by Pete44ru »

Did you buy the Marlin 62 Levermatic that was F/S on the Ruger Forum, I posted a link to ?

bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Wow! I have always looked for a marlin 62. I started with a ruger hawkeye, had a martini built up, both gone, but I still have a contender barrel. Also dies and a couple hundred rounds. You will love that gun. I knew a fellow that also had a winchester 92 built up in one. That would be my dream rifle. Not hinting I want to sell my stuff just yet, still have the very early TC also with a 45 colt/410 barrel too. The T/C must be one of the very early ones as I also have a factory presentation case too.

william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

C-H reloading tools have the dies and the form dies for very reasonable prices. I forget what I gave for mine but it was not much as form die prices go.

I suggest using 357 Maximum brass for your heavy loads and 357 magnum for your lower velocity stuff. With a Marlin case life is short at the higher pressure levels.
Slim
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yo Mike, where you been hiding? :D

Save yourself lots of ag & money and just get a 25-20---Not much difference when you handload and.............you can use it for pistol caliber silhouette, unlike a Model 62 Marlin.

But I know you pretty well and you just need a new toy/caliber/gun to play with. :D --------------------------------------Me
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

uncowboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by uncowboy »

Pete44RU Yes I did Thanks for theheads up. Jack Your Right It is a new loading and casting caliber to concore as well as making brass . Make the long cold days more interesting. I have the levermatic in 22Mag and 30 Carb Now to find a 22LR and maybe a doner to make a 17HMR OR MII out of.JACK! Do you have a 25 Cal FP mold in stock? J.Michael
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

uncowboy wrote:JACK! Do you have a 25 Cal FP mold in stock? J.Michael
Mike, I do have a 25 cal. mould. Its the 69 gr Lyman gc. but...........its gonna be a little hard prying it out of my hands as I'm working with a Model 53 in 25-20. Give me a month or two----------jack
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD