Have you ever seen a Marlin 1894S "THE LIMITED"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

Have you ever seen a Marlin 1894S "THE LIMITED"

Post by 1886 »

Marlin's version of the Trapper. Not sure what year they were made, it is a modern gun, but only 2600 were supposedly manufactured. Taffin made a quick mention of these rifles in one of his articles. The rifles were offered in .44 mag. and .45 Colt. They featured a 16.25" barrel with a full length mag. tube holding a max. of 8 rounds, straight grip stock with checkering on both the forearm and butt. The .44 was offered with a micro groove barrel and the .45 sported a non micro groove barrel, possibly cut rifling. I will have to look more closely. Pics. to follow. 1886.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Have you ever seen a Marlin 1894S "THE LIMITED"

Post by J Miller »

The only ones I've seen were in a set. Three or four of the short barreled Trapper length mounted in a wall frame. I think all the calibers offered in 1894s at that time.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
bigbore45colt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bigbore45colt »

Yep, I have one in 45 Colt. Cool little rifle. Quite accurate as well. I believe they were made in 1997.

Marlin also used that 45 Colt model as a commemorative for the Ohio Gun Collectors' Association (OGCA). It has an OGCA-prefix serial number and some unique markings/stampings which I don't recall right now. Not sure what year these were made for the OGCA. Perhaps OGCA members here can chime in.

BB45C
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Don't know anything about a 16" Marlin called "The Limited" but I had a 16" barreled Marlin in .30-30 called "Spikehorn". It was a pretty neat rifle. Had plenty of .30-30s at the time so I traded it off for a .22LR Ruger MK I and some powder and primers a few years back.
ED
Yer never too old
Stump Buster
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Stump Buster »

Great Little Rifles....as a matter of fact, I'd say the "Home Commander's" 1894ss Ltd. in .357 is the most "Fun" gun in the safe!!!

It was modified a bit by Mic McPherson including a shortened stock, action/trigger job and a dovetailed front sight. The rear sight was replaced with a Winchester rear and a One Ragged Hole blade. It is a HOOT to shoot....

Grab one if you can find one...I don't think you'll be disappointed!!!
Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you ain't afraid to die and don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "The Ride" performed by the very much missed, Chris LeDoux.
bigbore45colt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bigbore45colt »

Here are a few poor quality pictures of my 45 Colt:

Certainly not the greatest but, no pun intended, you get the picture :D

BB45C
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

A guy at work had one he wanted to sell in 45 Colt. We couldn't find one like it anywhere when we were trying to figure out what to ask for it. I sold it for him I think on this board. It was a cute little gun. I don't remember what it brought.