Marlin 1894ss Limited

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dakota_harley
Levergunner

Marlin 1894ss Limited

Post by dakota_harley »

Hey, Have any of you fine fellows ever seen or heard of a Marlin 1894 ss limited in .357 with a 16" barrell and a grey laminet stock? I saw one today on the local gun shop rack. NIB 699$ It looks pretty sweet, but is that a little too much money????
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin 1894ss Limited

Post by 2ndovc »

They do bring a good buck. Pretty hard to find.

If you can get them down to $650 I'd say that's a buy.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

If I wanted that exact model, and it was only $50 bucks more than I thought it was worth,... I would bite the bullet and BUY!!! They don't come along everyday. You'll be lucky if it is still there if you decide to get it. Let us know what happens?

With pics! 8)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You could always wait a few years and see if one comes along for $50 less, maybe even $75 less.

Or you could get a 20" one and spend $150 getting it shortened.

Or you could be dumb like I usually am, and say,
  • "I want it, so I guess I'd better get it. . ." . . . then when my wife finds out, I really 'get' it... :cry:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

I thought they cost more than that!
The regular stainless .357s run in the 600s.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

If ya don't seee one again for 5 years, will the $50 matter?
Certified gun nut
dakota_harley
Levergunner

Post by dakota_harley »

I guess my question is do you all think it's a good deal over the regular 1894c wich has been hard to find as well, I finally have one 1894c found and on a lay away at another store. Then I saw the ss limited , WOW ! shoulld i leave the bride at the alter and run off with her much more sexy sister. she will cost me more im sure but when my gun buddies see this one they wont blame me... now if i could just get my woman to understand......hmmmm 'and only 48 hrs to make my finall desidion>> does anyone know the story behind these 1894ss lmt .357 the one im drooling over was a gun raffel give away and the winner dont shoot. they claim it to be fairly rare. let me know what all you lever heads think! you probebly just think I.m crazy
:wink:
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

dakota_harley wrote:I guess my question is do you all think it's a good deal over the regular 1894c wich has been hard to find as well, I finally have one 1894c found and on a lay away at another store. Then I saw the ss limited , WOW ! shoulld i leave the bride at the alter and run off with her much more sexy sister. she will cost me more im sure but when my gun buddies see this one they wont blame me... now if i could just get my woman to understand......hmmmm 'and only 48 hrs to make my finall desidion>> does anyone know the story behind these 1894ss lmt .357 the one im drooling over was a gun raffel give away and the winner dont shoot. they claim it to be fairly rare. let me know what all you lever heads think! you probebly just think I.m crazy
:wink:
It is a limited edition Dealer Special model made for Davidsons, probably about 3 years ago.

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
41bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41bear »

The price you were quoted is more than fair imho. Buy it and don't look back. Those guns go on GunBroker for upwards of $1000 to $1500. If I remember correctly there were only 350 of those made.
DEO VINDICE

"if only one man among all of the rest will not break ...then all of them, all those who so despise men that they believe all men can be broken and all men can be bought, all of them have failed and all of them are defeated, because one alone destroys them and one alone can give heart to all other men." - Robert Crichton
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Supposedly Marlin will be periodically making 'runs' of the stainless 1894css, with the normal-length 18-1/2" barrel (same as the blued 1894c length). Dunno if the runs will be annual, but rumors on Marlinowners.com from an employee of Marlin sound like it should be annual.

I got one of the 2009 ones, and mine didn't have the greatest fit and finish - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=20029, but I'm turning it into a 'tactical' farm-gun, and am very happy with it.

I think when you get a 1894 .357 (plain or stainless) you will be so happy with it as a practical and 'fun' gun, that you'll wish you had two, anyway. So I'd latch onto the stainless hard-to-get one (the regular ones like mine will cost about that much anyway) while you can, AND get the other one you have on layaway - give one to your wife so she can go shooting with you.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

They were offered in late 05, I think, and they did not make many of them. Like many rarely configured Marlins, they do command a premium. If you want it, better grab it quick IF it is still available. 1886.
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

I bought the set of these .357, .41mag, .44mag, and .45colt. they made 251 of the .41 and .45colt, and 351 of the .357 and .44mag. I was lucky enough to get all the same ser # at 525.00 apiece. Some have sold for over 1000.00 dollars. If you really want 1 It's probably not a bad price. Let us know if you buy it. Post pic's. Good luck.
Karl
dakota_harley
Levergunner

Post by dakota_harley »

Picked Up the 1894ss lmt. .357 ! Actually got it for $650. It seems about the price the new 1894c ss are supposed to be anyway. And I really like the gray lamenit and the green and red fiber optic sites. The forehand has a end cap instead of the barrel bad too. I think i made the right choice. the only problem i see is the fact that its about 2 inches short for my display rack or gun cabinet, I will have to modify it somehow!

thanks for all the advice! If anyone knows anything more about these let me know. I will get some pictures loaded up soon.