OT- Bigfoot

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Bigfoot

Post by Gun Smith »

I'm reading a book that has the story of the Patterson film of a supposed "Bigfoot" shot in 1967 (I think) in Northern California. I got to thinking, would you kill one if that's what it took to prove their existence and to possibly save them from further killing and extinction ?
The book 's author believes the film was/is a hoax. Do you think they exist?
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- Bigfoot

Post by Idiot »

Shoot it, of course. I hear they're pretty big, which means a least a months worth of meat. And one can't eat it while its alive.

I figure a Marlin 336 chambered in one the new 33 caliber over-achiever rounds would do the trick. Hit it once and hit it hard and it should go down. Use one of them fancy new Buck folders to dress and skin and one should be on their way to...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'd hate to shoot poor old Bigfoot only to find out it was some dumb fool in a Halloween costume! :oops:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

game keeper wrote:I'd hate to shoot poor old Bigfoot only to find out it was some dumb fool in a Halloween costume! :oops:

That's for sure!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I think only if it was acting aggressivly and I feared for my life.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

game keeper wrote:I'd hate to shoot poor old Bigfoot only to find out it was some dumb fool in a Halloween costume! :oops:
And a "dumb fool" wouldn't taste any good at all.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sure! He'd make a heck of a nice rug. :wink:
NRA Life Member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This subject was covered not long ago, here I think. Anyway my answer then as now is no I would not shoot one just to prove they exist. In self defense yes.
Personally I do believe they may exist and if so I do not want the stinking government to acknowledge their existence. Can you imagine how much of our national forests would instantly be closed to protect these things? We'd be lucky to ever see a tree again.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Given the current state of affairs in this country and the world, they are most likely much more intelligent than we are. I'd have a conference with no preconditions.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I'd rather shoot the fool in the costume than a real one. I don't think I'd shoot a real one just to prove it was real, He77 most days I wish I could just go live in the woods and eat Jack links beef jerky. :mrgreen: Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

I've spent near 40 years hunting, hiking and generally living in the hills around Mt St Helens in SWW where for a century or more has been a supposed 'hotbed' of Bigfoot activity. I have only one thing to say about bigfoot.

AIN'T NO SUCH THING :shock: :lol:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I don't think they exist either---- however, if they did and you shot one. Then genetics testing found it to be 'human', you now have a real legal problem. I bet the 'greenies' would make positive you went on trial for homocide.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

No need to shoot one for proof.

I was married to his sister.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Gun Smith wrote:I'm reading a book that has the story of the Patterson film of a supposed "Bigfoot" shot in 1967 (I think) in Northern California. I got to thinking, would you kill one if that's what it took to prove their existence and to possibly save them from further killing and extinction ?
The book 's author believes the film was/is a hoax. Do you think they exist?
The film's creator made a death bed confession that the film is indeed a hoax. Yet the believers STILL use it as "proof" of the existence of Bigfoot.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Hi Hobie, Interesting, I haven't finished the book yet. It may say the same, just not there yet.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Buck Elliott wrote:No need to shoot one for proof.

I was married to his sister.
:o

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

The video was a hoax, but I believe that Bigfoot could exist. But, condors are a major staple in Bigfoot's diet, so he was asked to leave California years ago. :wink:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Idiot wrote:Shoot it, of course. I hear they're pretty big, which means a least a months worth of meat. And one can't eat it while its alive.

I figure a Marlin 336 chambered in one the new 33 caliber over-achiever rounds would do the trick. Hit it once and hit it hard and it should go down. Use one of them fancy new Buck folders to dress and skin and one should be on their way to...

If it's humanoid, it probably tastes like pork.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

fordwannabe wrote:I'd rather shoot the fool in the costume than a real one. I don't think I'd shoot a real one just to prove it was real, He77 most days I wish I could just go live in the woods and eat Jack links beef jerky. :mrgreen: Tom
+1!

I'd shoot only if in fear for my life or safety.

And if some jackass is stupid enough to make me fear for my life, the coroner can rule his death as suicide by stupidity.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

Hear, hear, Doc! If they do exist, leave them be! I've got bigger things to worry about in the woods.
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Sorry Hobie,
I'm a little further in the book, ---- Roger Patterson died January 15, 1972. The author of the book I'm reading, "Anatomy of a Beast", Michael McLeod stated he spoke with several of Patterson's friends about the film being true. Patterson did not recant the film as being fake, but maintained until his death that it was real. And one of those he saw just before his death, Ron Olson, told McLeod that. He even told Peter Byrne , another Bigfoot researcher, that he wished he had killed it and then people would have believed him. Over the years he never made any money off the film, and died broke.
The book is more than just about the Patterson film, but of many stories, sightings, etc. and makes a good read. I recommend it.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Gun Smith wrote:...Patterson did not recant the film as being fake, but maintained until his death that it was real...
Wait until you read a little further. Patterson recanted the sighting as being bogus a little while after he died.
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

If he does exist he does not do it alone. How could a breeding population continue with so few sightings?
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Hey JohndeFresno, you got me there!