Topics, Posting and Personal Reactions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Re: Topics, Posting and Personal Reactions

Post by brucew44guns »

The forum is a place I go to in order to escape business, work, boredom. I'm glad for all the civil dudes here, I sure witness a lot of uncivil ones on TV everyday, called democrats. Thanks Hobie.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Old Savage wrote:Well so far 40+ have signed on, none of whom I might consider to be the offenders. This is I believe a good idea as it makes a showing to each other of who is interested in a civil in expression, high level forum.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I love blanket aspersions. (Thank you Private Smith... 1-2-3-4, 2-2-3-4...)

Y'all be civil now or Hobie's gonna git a switch.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

btt
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

A BTT from me too.

This place is home, Thank you Paco, Hobie, Ambracol for allowing me to visit with friends around the fire.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

rjohns94 wrote:A BTT from me too.

This place is home, Thank you Paco, Hobie, Ambracol for allowing me to visit with friends around the fire.
+1 from myself as well. This is a class act here. Thank you all, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Leverguns.com has become my go-to site every time I sit down at my computer. I'm very grateful that I'm allowed to sit in and occationally post to this forum of very knowledgable gentlemen from all over the world. My background isn't on par (firerms wise) with most of the people here and I gain a great deal of satisfaction hanging around with the fellows; kinda like siting around the pot-bellied stove sharing a cup o' mud and gun stories. I've seen those posts Hobie is talking about where language and content are at best questionable, and I find it below the normal level of civility and knowledge of this forum. Even though there are some grumpy old curmudgens (sp?) they post in a mostly informative way without insult. So, I agree with the previous posts; please Hobie continue to enforce the high standard we have all come to expect from Leverguns.com, as I will do my part.

Thanks guys
Last edited by mikld on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

aka, PLAY NICE ! (me, too) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

btt

Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

BTT
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I would like to BTT this one more time from myself as I am surely no saint! "I am on a mission to be nice" not only on this forum but everywhere. :)
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Thanks !!
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

btt :oops:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Savage wrote:As far as I am concerned, as soon as the bar room language starts delete the post. If it is in the first post by the author, delete the thread.
Yep - until someone else decides they'd like to "be the boss" and run the forum their way, any post the "bosses" decide to delete, for ANY reason, is just the way it is. I don't think most of us have the time, knowledge, or patience to ride herd on a bunch of cantankerous lever-gun-nuts, so we'd best be thankful our 'moderators' are as tolerant of our wandering and sometimes crossing-the-line behavior. We all have different 'rules' in our homes, things you'd best not do or say, and things we aren't bothered by - so even on our 'best' behavior we may cross lines without even realizing it. If our post is therefore deleted, I would say don't get upset about it, just learn from it what you did/said that was not cool, and don't do it again.

It isn't that hard to be 'good'; even I manage it most of the time...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Yup, I'm with Old Savage and AJMD on this one.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

AJ - it is more than "deciding to be the boss": you have to go get a forum or have Paco ask you. If anyone disagrees with what is going on - start your own forum. We all won't be there but you can make the rules.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been thinking. (Dangerous to try something I'm not used to) Are we strong enough to be polite? I have been thinking about the most polite men I knew while growing up, and they were men who were noted as being able to do what they said, and tough enough to be polite. They didn't show off. They didn't start any trouble, but you got the feeling that they would be standing at the finish of it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

One of our neighbors years ago when I was a kid (a man I had great admiration for) once told me: "I've never done anything in my life I regret." His implication was, that regret will knaw at you all of your life. Either accept what mistakes you've made and try and commit to doing better, or don't ever do anything that will hurt your peace of mind in the first place. But whatever you do, don't make mistakes against others. I live with this statement every day of my life, and judge my actions against it. I believe I'm mostly successful. It took me almost 20 years once to be able keep my word to a friend, and another time over 10 years of searching to replace another friends unusual golf club that I had lost (18th hole lake tee, raining, with a slippery grip...even wading and swimming didn't find that one). But I do my best to live by this modicum. Perhaps I should tell him that before he leaves us for higher ground.

Ed
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Good advice, Ed. I'm still pretty new in my career, and some of the best advice I got was "Crow is a dish best eaten warm.", meaning just fess up to your mistake and move on.

Another was, "there is no room for ego in this job".

I try to live by those everyday too. They were both right, and the advice they gave me has served me well.

Its a hard thing to admit when your wrong, and move on.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Maybe I ought not to have felt a little guilty about hangin' out elsewhere while I ponder a "hole in the water" to throw money into.

Glad I missed the bruhaha. Hopefully, the offending parties are aware of their offense and won't repeat it.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Griff wrote:Maybe I ought not to have felt a little guilty about hangin' out elsewhere while I ponder a "hole in the water" to throw money into.

Glad I missed the bruhaha. Hopefully, the offending parties are aware of their offense and won't repeat it.
Buying a boat Griff?

Ed
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Kansas Ed wrote:
Griff wrote:Maybe I ought not to have felt a little guilty about hangin' out elsewhere while I ponder a "hole in the water" to throw money into.
Buying a boat Griff?
Ed
Shoppin', just shoppin'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Griff, I think the offending parties were having a VERY bad day and I do think they learned from the experience. At least I sure hope so. People make mistakes, but its how we LEARN FROM our mistakes that separates us. But if it continues to happen then you know something is very, very wrong.

-Tutt

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Aye, Tutt... truly. Then again, I once worked in an office full of folks... all kinds of tensions and inter-personal conflicts... which I pretty much ignored. Until, I was called on the carpet for not putting a stop to some of the commentary that swirled around me.

After that... no more Mr. Nice Guy... some folks should be happy that I'm not a Moderator or such!

But, then I can be just as guilty as the next guy when it's my ox being gored!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Thanks Hobie!
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Good post Hobie. This is a class place, thanks for the reminder.

I try to post as if I'm in the room with the other posters and we're all armed. It's not allways easy, but you're right, the best path is either click to a new thread or assume the best, not the worst.

Cat
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

did I miss something? I'm over at the ukulele forum most of the time these days...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EL CHIVO now I"M MAD AT YOU ................................my guts hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

btt

sticky?
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Though my post count might not show it, I've been here for several years because this is the best gun related forum around. It is a class place. I've never done the bar room scene, so this place fits me to a T. BTT