OT: Airport Security - not available in the US of A

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

OT: Airport Security - not available in the US of A

Post by AmBraCol »

Here's a little something you won't likely find any time soon in the US of A.

Sign on the side says "Descargue Su Arma Aquí" (Unload Your Weapon Here). Walk into the local airport, unload your weapon, check it in at the cop desk (beside the unloading spot), board your flight, arrive, receive your weapon at the destination city's cop desk, reload, holster, go your way. No fumbling around in the parking lot or the entrance to the airport with your CPL weapon (with the risk of getting SWAT called on you) and then showing the desk help your carry piece, having TSA folks mess with your bag 'cause it's got a gun in it then trying to find a discrete place to holster your weapon at the destination. It's pretty slick, even though other parts of the nation's weapons laws and customs leave a LOT to be desired...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Country?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Old Ironsights wrote:Country?

Colombia
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Paul,
My idea of airline security goes like this:

As you board your plane there is a large barrel full of baseball bats right next to the door. If you would like a bat to take on board you take one from the barrel. Should the bat need to be deployed while in transit you will have plenty of help. When you arrive at your destination, as you de-plane you walk out the door of the plane carrying your bat. When you reach the barrel at your destination you place the bat in the barrel and go along your way.
How hard is that?

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Rusty wrote:Paul,
My idea of airline security goes like this:

As you board your plane there is a large barrel full of baseball bats right next to the door. If you would like a bat to take on board you take one from the barrel. Should the bat need to be deployed while in transit you will have plenty of help. When you arrive at your destination, as you de-plane you walk out the door of the plane carrying your bat. When you reach the barrel at your destination you place the bat in the barrel and go along your way.
How hard is that?

Rusty <><

Shucks, I just carry my bat, er, I mean "medical implement" (cane) onto every plane I take any more. I've a nice piece of diamond willow a friend gave me. It's got a rubber tip on one end and is just cane length. I've got a limp that gets even worse when traveling so no problem "getting away with" the cane. One TSA guy did happen to think it looked "almost like a dual purpose stick" - but let me carry on anyway. :-)

Still, there's NO VALID REASON to NOT allow folks to carry weapons. It's the misuse of them that should be punished. But folks are sheeple anymore and want government to protect them rather than taking responsibility for their own well being.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

AmBraCol wrote:
Still, there's NO VALID REASON to NOT allow folks to carry weapons. It's the misuse of them that should be punished. But folks are sheeple anymore and want government to protect them rather than taking responsibility for their own well being.
+1

I agree totally. Nobody's gonna look after me/my famly better than ME.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Andrew wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:
+1

I agree totally. Nobody's gonna look after me/my famly better than ME.

Hey Andrew!

What part of Southern Missouri are you from? I was born in SW MO in the main town of Jasper County. Last fall we were back in the US and I spent some time in the Mark Twain NF over by Willow Springs.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

So right you are Paul. During the early years of this country there were people who were subjected to a good "caneing" because of their offensive behavior. the practice seems to have passed on. Maybe it should be brought back, then the world might be a more polite place.

There have been many martial arts classes taught on the proper use of a cane as well.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.