OT...Liberty II Coach Gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

OT...Liberty II Coach Gun

Post by Hank Dodge »

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but I wasn't finding anything on my own and I know a lot of you guys shoot the doubles as well.

I just picked up a Liberty II rabbit ear coach gun to shoot SASS with. I wanted to know if anyone had a link to a site with tear-down instructions or a blow up drawing of the action. I'd like to pull the stock off to refinish it and smooth out the action a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT...Liberty II Coach Gun

Post by TX Gun Runner »

No one is posting anything , so maybe something on this sight will help you or someone else ... Plus free BTT

http://marauder.homestead.com/shotgun.html
Image..Image
Image......Image
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Who makes the Liberty?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Unscrew the hammers and pull them off. Unscew the lock plate screw and use the screw to push out the opposite side. Then tap the front of the action on a wood block and the other lock will fall out. Remove the trigger guard screw and turn the whole trigger guard counter clockwise - the front post is threaded. Remove the top tang screw and the screw on the bottom of the wrist that was hidden by the trigger guard tang. Ease the stock off.

Only one screw hold the forearm metal to the wood - or maybe two, but they are obvious.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

Thanks 86er.....I got it apart last night after working with it a bit. It was different than others I've had apart in the past and I didn't want to screw anything up in the process. I just want to clean it up a bit and refinish the stock with Tru Oil so as to get rid of that slippery, glossy finish it came with.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If you haven't already put it back together... could you post a pic or two of the internals... I'd like to see 'em. I'm thinkin' of a hammer gun also... and, well... the mechanics of the things may tell me something.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

I'll see what I can do. I'm not real savvy on the picture posting etc. I've finally got it figured out how to e-mail pictures though. PM me with your address and I'll get you a couple shots.

Hank
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Hobie, I think the Liberty II was imported by KBI out of Harrisburg, PA. I've used one for about six years for CAS shooting.

All in all I think it's a pretty decent gun...I've hard they were manufactured by Huglu, but there are no markings as such on my gun, although I assume it to be a Turkish import. Only grip I have is the case-hardened buttplate is a little uncomfortable, physically and asthetically, (it uses PHILLIPS head screws!).