10 GAUGE AMMO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

10 GAUGE AMMO

Post by jtaylor1960 »

This is a little OT but I thought you guys could help.I have a friend with a 10 ga. 2 7/8"double barrel shot gun and I'm trying to find ammo or reloading components to load with.I found only one supplier of loaded ammo an they want $88.00 a box.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

88 bucks a box, yikes! Have you checked Midway or Cabelas? My local Wal Mart stocks 10ga for not much more than 12ga.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The 19 GA 2 7/8" shells have been discontinued. Your friend might look into having the chambers reamed to accept 3 1/2" shells, if the gun is of recent enough manufacture.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Check out Grafs out of Mexico, MO.

http://www.grafs.com/ammo/385
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Sorry, I misread the size. I have a ten guage Lee Loader buried in the closet, if you are intersted. Midway USA has ten guage brass, but I do not know what lenght.
Last edited by cutter on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win71
Levergunner

Post by Win71 »

Try this link these folks have 10 gauge and shorter shells for 12, 16 and 20 guages used in older shotguns. http://www.rstshells.com/ I have a 16 gauge Model 12 Winchester made in 1923 that requires 2 9/16" or shorter shells. I have used this ammo and find it to be top quality and the people are nice to deal with.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

http://www.ballisticproducts.com They have got it all....
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

10 ga 2 7/8

Post by hfcable »

therre are a couple of sources for short 10 ga shells, will looki them up and post.
cable
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Where are you? I have some 10 gauge shells laying around, and have no need for them. Got them in a box of stuff I don't need.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

10 gauge shells

Post by jtaylor1960 »

I am in central Pa.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Oooh... a "box of stuff"... how tempting. lol :lol:
Slow is just slow.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Hey, that box of stuff had M1, 1903, and mini-14 mags in it, as well as a bunch of other stuff that I didn't need that I traded for stuff I DID need, including a .30 cal ammo belt and pouches, bullets, parts, etc..

Never be afraid to buy a junk box. I bought one for $5 that had TWO old model conversion kits in the sealed factory packs with manuals.

A buddy of mine bought a box for $2 that had a Smith & Wesson pistol in the bottom, under some old newspaper!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

That's a box of "stuff". :wink:
Slow is just slow.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

........and MY box at that.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

this should do it, i hope!

Post by hfcable »

cable