John Sweany trigger drawings NEWER POST

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

John Sweany trigger drawings NEWER POST

Post by TX Gun Runner »

I have 100's of trigger drawing by John Sweany from 1930 to 1954 . Need to go to a good home . FREE to a person of interest in gun smithing triggers . I don't want to see his work tossed away . There was letters from Remington in the 30's where he made and developed a triggers for them . I've use his drawing and Ideas and made and sold a few triggers for target guns . I believe this is him mention in this paste .

http://www.petersenshunting.com/content ... -remington
Last edited by TX Gun Runner on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image
Image......Image
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Re: John Sweany trigger drawings

Post by Marc »

I would take it. It would help with a couple projects I have. I have two rifles in particular that really need better trigger mechanisms.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

If for some reason Marc passes, I'd be happy to take them.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Am always in need of good resource materials. Trigger mechanisms are not as simple as they sometimes appear. If you don't believe that, try designing one...

Would love to have them to add to my materials library.

(sent PM)
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

I have been seeking an unusual, simple single set trigger. Apparently no one makes it. If Any of the drawings have a comparable trigger, please let me know.

Here are thumbnails of the trigger.

Image Image
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

Maybe someone with a scanner and some extra time would be willing to scan them and email them to those interested. That's easy for me to say, I know, because I don't have a scanner :mrgreen:
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

I'm trying to fine a good home for these . I don't want them to go on some book shelf . I like someone read and use them like I did . So keep posting why you want them . That scanning sound like a great idea if someone has a scanner ....

Image..Image
Image......Image
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I have a scanner if someone knows how to convert the scans to .pdf and then post the files. I bet they could be hosted through an internet provider account or a photo sharing account. In fact, I might even be able to get a dedicated account on a board I help Admin.

I enjoy collecting old documents and seeing how things had to be thought out before CAD/CAM, etc came along. If there's anything in there regarding trigger mods or upgrades for Mausers and Commission 88 rifles, I'm really interested. :mrgreen:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

tn gun runner wrote:I'm trying to fine a good home for these . I don't want them to go on some book shelf . I like someone read and use them like I did . So keep posting why you want them . That scanning sound like a great idea if someone has a scanner ....
I am a manuscript editor-book designer by trade. I can scan, sharpen images for use on screen or to be printed (inkjet OR laser printer OR offset printer), adjust page size to paper size as needed and create Acrobat files. How many pages are we discussing?

Would it be worthwhile to create scan variations for each scan, then deposit them on this web site? Members could download what they wanted, in the format they want, to suit their needs? This is extra work but may be more useful in the end.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

There is well over 100 pages . I will mail them to you Naphtali if you are up to it . It is man's life work . PM me your address that way everyone can share them .
Last edited by TX Gun Runner on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image
Image......Image
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

tn gun runner wrote:There is well over 100 pages .
Not a problem. I thought I read "hundreds."
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

If any of the items need CAD documentation I'm up for the challenge
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

What a TEAM you levergunners are...! Makes me proud to be among such talent.

Er...since I have none of the applicable talents, let me know when they're posted, and I'll LOOK at them. That will be my job. I'll even say how cool they are.

Now I feel better I'm able to help... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I'm glad Naphtali stepped up! If it wasn't an easy process to get them into a .pdf file, I was going to have to ask my wife to do it. That would require cashing in a BUNCH of favors and honey-do's... :lol:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

edwardyoung wrote:Maybe someone with a scanner and some extra time would be willing to scan them and email them to those interested. That's easy for me to say, I know, because I don't have a scanner :mrgreen:

Plus one! It'd be a shame to see this kinda info just disappear on someone's bookshelf.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

tn gun runner wrote:I have 100's of trigger drawing by John Sweany from 1930 to 1954 . Need to go to a good home . FREE to a person of interest in gun smithing triggers . I don't want to see his work tossed away . There was letters from Remington in the 30's where he made and developed a triggers for them . I've use his drawing and Ideas and made and sold a few triggers for target guns . I believe this is him mention in this paste .
John:

I received your package in last night's mail pick-up. I haven't yet opened it, though. With luck, I'll have all scanned by the end of the week.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

One notebook to go. Two gigabytes on 101 scans so far.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Naphtali wrote:Two gigabytes on 101 scans so far.
:shock:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

All pages scanned. All have been converted to JPEG, not larger than 1000 pixels wide, for online posting if needed. Yet to filter original scans and create PDF files. When this is done, CDs will be burned and all will be mailed back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I will be interested in viewing also... Would love it if one could be adapted to a single or double set trigger for one of my Winch 94 projects
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I would love to be able to download these . Please keep us posted about availability. Thanks
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

What's the likelihood of getting a separate page for these to view on this site like the articles section or another tab of it's own? All posted in Acrobat files, or even JPEG's?

Ed
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Hey Ed, ya wanna go shootin' today? It's awful nice weather and I was at the CTAGA range yesterday for Women on Target, and it's not muddy.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

I design a trigger for black powder guns with only 3 moving parts . I started this for a rifle 10 yrs ago I never finished it . The pistol I completed it and it a shooter ..

Image..Image
Image......Image
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

Okay, all scans have been optimized for their respective formats and rendered as JPEG and PDF files. I'll try to burn CDs over the weekend and return scans and original art to John on Monday or Tuesday.

I am uncertain how he and Leverguns.com administrators intend to make scans accessible; they are organized numerically, in the order I found them. Possibly the easiest method might be to create a thread/sticky where JPEGs are available as thumbnails. Anyone interested in downloading a high resolution Acrobat file of the document would do so via a link. Since JPEGs and PDFs have identical names except for suffixes, this would be transparent access?
John will have my original scans archived. These are egregiously high resolution. Since image editing technology improves constantly, and many people are graphic artists, these scans would allow significant improvement over what I have supplied. I'm not capable of doing it myself.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

The job was sent USPS Priority Mail from Seeley Lake today. I anticipate John'll receive it by Thursday or Friday.

I cannot foretell when the members will have access to the documents online.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

John received John Sweany's documents and four CD-Rs last week. My part of the job is complete.
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

I need to go to computer geek and get him to work on my computer it won't open files ....
Image..Image
Image......Image
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

deleted

Post by Naphtali »

deleted text.