OT - This will date me...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - This will date me...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Remember beer can collecting? Yep, it was all the rage in the early to mid '70's. I had quite a collection at the time. I didn't keep it though, giving it away or tossing cans by the end of the decade.

Going through some boxes in the basement purging stuff I discovered a couple cans I did keep. One, the largest beer "can" I had collected, I turned into a small trash can. The other I just kept because it always made me laugh. I forgot I had these! :D

Anyone else collection beer cans way back when?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

No Sir, I was only shootin at them in the 70's, not drinking them. Probably alot of them still laying around Superstion Mtn. that I dispatched. Man, you ARE old Ysabel! :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Ha your old :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If I was drinking them back then, I would have caught hell at home. I was born in 1964, so I was only 16 when the '70's ended.

Well, I guess I had had a few by that point! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JReed wrote:Ha your old :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Watch it, youngster :lol: I'm old enough to be his dad, just about :wink: Darn Jarhead kids :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yea, remember "Billy Beer?" It was Billy Carter's attempt at making a name for himself besides just being the President's brother.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I have a steel Schlitz can I found under my house.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

GIQ's (Giant Imperial Quarts) were all the rage, when they were introduced in the 1960's.

At parties, we used to walk around with one in a sport coat pocket, and a chain of soda straws from bottle to mouth. :roll:
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

:lol: I killed enough pony kegs in germany but ever saved them.those were the days the "beer" man would del. to the front door on fri afternoons.
pete
DAV life member.
maddog
Levergunner

Post by maddog »

Rusty took the words out of my mouth--Billy Beer. Course there was Hoppin Gator, Shlitz, Sterling, Carling Black Label[yeeeck], Grain Belt, Weidimanns[sp], Fall City, Blatz, Hamms, Colt 45 malt liquor......

I could go on, but my liver is rebelling from nightmares :shock: !

Mad Dog
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Drink the big can of german beer....
and the lady on the small can will start looking good!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Drink the big can of german beer....
and the lady on the small can will start looking good!
:lol: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - This will date me...

Post by Noah Zark »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Image

Miss Fatima Blush, aka Miss Olde Frothingslosh, who adorned the can of "the Pale Stale Ale with the Foam on the Bottom." A holiday product of Iron City Brewing Co.

Yeah, I grew up near Pittsburgh.

Noah
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

I have a lamp made from an old PBR can.
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Spent many nights at the bar crying in my Red Neck, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer to some sad song on the jukebox....Like Ray Charles and "Take these chains from my heart and set me free" :cry: :lol: I'm old enough to remember when they came out with Beer in cans! No one wanted to drink from them because they were convinced that the cans would some how poison you, others said the Beer tasted bad from a can. Mike
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

YK,

Have you seen the gallon sized kegs that can still be bought?

In Virginia I can buy beer in any corner market and the supermarkets have the nice large gallon size mini-kegs. They are generally overpriced so Ibuy by the case though. Warsteiner's motto is "Life is too short to drink cheep beer." More useless info I have stuck in my head.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Remember Low Beer and High Beer?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

BlaineG
Levergunner 2.0

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JReed wrote:
Ha your old .

Watch it, youngster I'm old enough to be his dad, just about Darn Jarhead kids
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Another key marketing point for New Old Frothingslosh every year was: "Guaranteed to fit any shape glass".

I woulda sworn the beauty on the label went by the name of "Fatima Yechburg", or something very close to that.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I remember in that same time frame the old pull-tabs people would join into 'chains' and it was a tacky dorm-room thing for those of us who consumed lots of beer. A decade later, my wife and I moved into an older apartment building, with most of the tenants classy older people. Our neighbor across the hall was a widow who had saved her money and visited about every country you could name. Her apartment was modest, and tastefully decorated with artifacts she'd brought back from all over the world. BUT... at the doorway between kitchen and dining area, she had a curtain made of those darned beer-can tabs! I never could get over the irony.

The final irony was that her last name was, really, "Beer." :!:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JoeArizona
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT - This will date me...

Post by JoeArizona »

Noah Zark wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Image

Miss Fatima Blush, aka Miss Olde Frothingslosh, who adorned the can of "the Pale Stale Ale with the Foam on the Bottom." A holiday product of Iron City Brewing Co.

Yeah, I grew up near Pittsburgh.

Noah
Ok...but what did she look like at 1:00 in the morning after 2 six-packs? :roll:
Joe

---

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JReed wrote:
BlaineG
Levergunner 2.0

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JReed wrote:
Ha your old .

Watch it, youngster I'm old enough to be his dad, just about Darn Jarhead kids

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
rroberts
Levergunner

Post by rroberts »

Being relatively close to NO, we could get Jax beer and Abilene Fabacher beer. Both of which were some NASTY stuff
... Rusty
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Ysabel Kid wrote:If I was drinking them back then, I would have caught hell at home. I was born in 1964, so I was only 16 when the '70's ended.

Well, I guess I had had a few by that point! :wink:
1964?? Kid, I got sox older than that! :D I took after my old man and was a "Burgie" man (San Francisco Brewing Co?).
Tom

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

Some place around the property I still have a cse of "ACME" beer, my step dad used to drink it but I never liked it.
Used to drive past the Burgie beer plant in San francisco, had a horriable smell to it.

Gun Runner
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

WinM71 wrote: . . . I woulda sworn the beauty on the label went by the name of "Fatima Yechburg", or something very close to that.
The brewery would change her last name from time to time.

Noah
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Beer can collecting. My brother and I had a huge beer can collection. The walls of our bedroom were covered. We had a few thousand. My brother now has a garage wall that is decorated floor to ceiling with those same and some new beer cans.
When I bought the house in Florida, there was and still is an unopened can of J.R. Ewings Private Reserve, not quite as old as what my brother and I collected but it is from 1981. I have offered it to many friends and family but nobody wants it.
Last edited by dr walker on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Ysabel, I will try to take my camera to my Barber the next time I go. He is ex-Army and has a wall full of collectible beer cans.