OT: Lost my last uncle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Lost my last uncle

Post by J Miller »

I just got the word this morning that my last uncle died Monday the 20th in AZ. He had open heart surgery a couple years ago and never fully recovered. My aunt didn't tell anyone till yesterday, she tried to take care of everything herself. She finally told my other aunt, who emailed us. My cousin is there now helping her out. She can't drive any more, had her license revoked a year or so ago. Is blind in one eye due to a botched cataract surgery. So she's in a mell of a hess.

As much as my uncle dying saddens me, what really hurts is his kids by his first marriage said they would be right out .... oh by the way, how much money did he leave us? Despicable behavior in my mind.
My aunt and uncle were living on pensions and SS, they didn't have two dimes to rub together. Nothing for the money grubbing jerks to have. I'll bet they never show, and with that attitude it would be better if they didn't.

I'm running out of relatives. I really do need to go back there. Anybody got the winning Lotto numbers, I'll share .... :(

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Lost my last uncle

Post by C. Cash »

Condolences to you Joe! Very sorry to hear this amigo..
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I am on my last one Joe, thats why I'm leaving in a few days.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

You know the weird thing is my dad had four brothers. The oldest died first then my dad. Now they are all gone.

My mom had four sisters. Moms gone now, and there are only two, maybe three aunts left.

No more uncles on either side. All I have left is in AZ. And I'm here. Sometimes I wonder about my decisions. Most have been totally stupid. Coming here sure was.

Take care of your last uncle. Tell him hi for me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I'll get a picture of him up, you would like him, gave me my first 1911 .45ACP.
He is the one I put the windmill up for, I still owe Grizz some payback info from the windmill.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Joe, Very sorry to hear you lost your last Uncle! Prayers up!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My condolences Joe and prayers up for your Aunt.

I hope you make it back to Arizona soon. I'm saving for another vacation there, may take me while but I'm determined to go back, I loved it.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sorry to hear that Joe, my condolences to you and yours.
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear that, Professor.

Losing people is never easy and it doesn't sound like it's going to be any easier with his kids.
Old Law Dawg
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I AM SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS, JOE. AS WE GET OLDER THE DEATH'S OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE THE TWO HARDEST THINGS TO ENDURE.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and the family.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It is a step and a call for you to step up. Lost mine in 97.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sorry to hear about it, Joe. I was very fortunate in that my vacation about 2 weeks ago allowed me to visit my parents. While there, we took a two day trip and visited his oldest sister. Both she and her husband are in failing health and I am grateful that my kids were able to see them again. My parents were grateful for the trip and visit, too.

Advice to everyone on here, take a chance to visit relatives when you can. It might be the last time and your good memories will be easier to bear than regrets. ( I know, some relatives are more difficult to like than others.)
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Sorry to hear about that J. The kids kind of remind me of the kids in Gran Torino. Shameful, isn't it.

My last blood uncle passed in 1987 at 72. My last blood aunt just turned 91. Out of 7 children, including my dad, she is the only one of the bunch still kicking.

She's still in good spirits and mind. Her heart/lungs are in good order, but her bones hurt all the time.Hopefully she can hang around long enough for our 4yr old and 4 mo old boys to get to know her better.
Last edited by meanc on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I need to go home. Dad had 6 older half brothers and sisters. Then dad was the oldest of 10 more full brothers and sisters. I have just one blood uncle left. Uncle art just turned 90. He was all through world war 2, a MP and dog man, did some driveing for General Patton he said. He also acted as interupter I belive. (German was dads 1st language and probley arts.} Art was in the battel of the bulge and froze his feet there.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

J Miller wrote:I'm running out of relatives.
Joe
That's a shame - I'd be honored to be related to you!

Prayers up Joe - and condolences sent... :(
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sorry to hear that Joe.

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

When you stand in front of the casket, and gaze down upon the face of your lifeless dad, or your mom, or anyone that was once close to you, you can't help but be refreshed in the knowledge of your own mortality. My dad died in March, and it was a tremendous wake up call, that human life is indeed short. Us older guys are in the same boat as Joe, all our kin is thinning out, and in some cases there arn't many left. Families that once thrived, are simply non-existant but for the memories of a few that are left. I guess that is one aspect that I feel in regard to Leverguns.Com, some people on here become like family in a way. Thru communication on a regular basis, we know each other enough to have concerns for each other. Joe, you are a good man, and I'd still like you to move to Kansas, I'd try to be a good neighbor to you. I hope your sorrow for your uncle diminishes soon, and hang on to those memories my friend.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Sorry to hear about your uncle....
prayers up to you and yours....
hang in there...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Sorry for your loss.
Losing family is tough.
okdee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by okdee »

So sorry for your loss! Best Wishes to you and your family.

Oklahoma Dee
FAMILY
NRA LIFE
TSRA
SASS
HGCA
Life is Grand! Live it!

OKDEE
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I know how it feels, and I offer my condolences.

I lost my last blood aunt just over a monthe ago. She was the last of Mom' siblings. Their last brother passed away last year, between Thanksgiving & Christmas. Dad went 'home' on Christmas Eve 2004, and Mom joined him in August of '07. Since Dad's passing, I have also lost four uncles and two aunts and a cousin. All of Dad's siblings are gone now, as well. Talk about being left an orphan.

Several of my best friends and mentors have also passed on.

Next round will be more old friends and cousins; maybe I'll be around a while longer -- who knows.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I'm sorry to hear that Joe. I've lost all the men in my family too except for one Uncle. It really hurts, all right. :cry:

-Andy
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

darn guys .... gettin old sucks. :(

Joe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Hey Joe, Very sorry for you and your's. Try to soften your heart. It can be tough, I know but it will be best. Prayers up, 1886.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Joe, I just found this (I've been out of pocket).

You have my condolences and understanding. Both of my parents are the last of their siblings and may be the last of their generation in the extended families.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

20Cows,

Thanks. I was thinking about my extended families. I really have no idea where most of them are.
My cousins from my fathers side are either dead or whereabouts unknown.
My cousins from my mothers side are, well, I know where a couple of them are, the rest are whereabouts unknown.

The worst part is since my maternal grandmother died in 88 the entire family has fallen apart. She was the glue that held it together.

Oh well, life goes on.

Joe
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

It seems thats usually how it is.When the mother/or grandmother passes thats the glue that usually(not always)holds the families in that very close contact! Without either of those?(those women are special) Hope you can find some of those lost relatives Joe!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

madman4570 wrote:It seems thats usually how it is.When the mother/or grandmother passes thats the glue that usually(not always)holds the families in that very close contact! Without either of those?(those women are special) Hope you can find some of those lost relatives Joe!
Problem is, I'm not even looking :oops: . I forgot to mention my brother, I know where he is.

Joe