If Only!...Guns You Really Wish They Made

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

If Only!...Guns You Really Wish They Made

Post by slimster »

I'm sure there are a lot of you guys out there who, like me, really wish certain guns were made. I wish that Winchester (or someone willing to build a clone) would start producing a straight sided 94 in 308 MX. It would be nice if it were made in both traditional blue/walnut, and titanium/stainless/synthetic versions with Trapper, carbine, and rifle length barrel options. Other chamberings could include 307, 356, 338MX, etc. (Beefed-up as necessary, but without the "fat sided" syndrome,which I never really warmed up to). I would also love to see a model 92, beefed up and stretched just enough to handle the S&W 500 class cartridges in traditional and stainless versions. That's just a couple of my wishes. I would love to hear ya'lls what-ifs.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Re: If Only!...Guns You Really Wish They Made

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Why not just get a Winny in .307, it is identical to the 308MX in all facets pertaining to performance?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Everyone says it would be "too expensive" to engineer and create a stronger levergun able to handle .500 S&W or .460 S&W, and I find that strange. Several basically great designs ARE out there, and each has a reason of some sort (action length, front-of-receiver width, proximity of magazine tube) that could be changed rather easily. Getting the round to feed would be pretty easy. It seems like there would be three ways to increase action strength without a total re-invention: Increase size of parts, increase strength of steel, and find the weak part(s) and just change that part of the design. Browning and others designed AND built the originals of the ones we now use in a matter of days using ancient steel and tools compared with the metallurgy and CAD and engineering available now.

The only thing they DIDN'T have to deal with was the federal regulations. We can't just find some inventive old codger with a lathe and furnace and files and get him to build us our dream gun. Too many regulations and permits and hassles.

Still, you'd think Savage (or maybe even Ruger) would modify their actions to handle the fatter high pressure rounds; they already take lots of pressure. And it isn't like the Winchester or Marlin designs are that wimpy; surely some angle changes of locking surfaces, increased bearing surface, or something would enable it.

But they say they'd never recoup their investment... Maybe, but it seems like tons of folks would jump at a .500 S&W levergun (or a .475 Linebaugh, for that matter).

Anyway,
[/rambling mode OFF]

I'd like a

a) lever carbine in .500 S&W (I'd settle for a really STRONG one in .454 Casull) and a
b) lever rifle in .460 S&W...

I know the .45-70 can do about the same as the .460 but I want upwards compatability with the .454 Casull, or at least to only have to have one "45 caliber" bullet in inventory. Picky, I know, but that's what I want... :roll:

As far as the .500 in a carbine, or even the .454 - it would just be a really nice .45-70 level 'thumper'... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A stainless 39 Mountie would be cool, with a thin composit stock....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My wishes are all American Made/owned:

-A Remington 1858 in 44 Cal., made of chrome moly steel like a Ruger, or any of the Army/Navy/Dragoon Colt's.

-A Double Barrel Shotgun in the style of a Remington 1900 hammerless, that was affordable(a guy can dream cant he?)

-A Spencer in both Rifle and Carbine version and the original ammo to go along with it
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:A stainless 39 Mountie would be cool, with a thin composit stock....
...now THAT would be a Marlin 39 I'd take a serious look at...!

speaking of stainless - another run of the stainless 1894C's in .357 would be sorely appreciated...!
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

Well I'm with my dad (AJMD429). I think they should make 454, 460, and 500 lever-guns. I mean people get custom 1895 Marlins in 475 Turnball, so why can't they make the same thing in 460 S&W? :twisted:

Also, a factory Ruger #1 in 444Marlin-would be a nice buffalo gun.
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
crow
Levergunner

Post by crow »

Browning Lever Rifle in .375 or .416 Ruger. Come to Daddy!!

Marlin 50/90. I need to knock down some trees!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

.338MX MODEL 94WIN. SRC.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

A lever action carbine in 500SW! Stainless steel with full length mag tube. :D
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I've mentioned mine before...

A modern Hammer Drilling in Stainless at a reasonable (commercial vs custom) price point.

A Detatchable 20rd+ Box Mag Levergun in MBR cartridges.

A Stainless Black Powder Hammer Drilling using an Underhammer action for the rifle barrel.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Stainless lever action rifle in 500 Smith and one in 357 max. Possibly a stretched/strengthened Marlin able to handle the 405Win. or how about an 1895 Marlin in 40-65Win.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
DarryH
Levergunner 2.0

how about a BIG gun ??? plus another entry

Post by DarryH »

Marlin and Winchester had to beef up their lever guns in the 1800's to handle new cartridges.

How about a new version??

A lever gun in .50BMG !!!!!!!!!
With flat nosed bullets of course !!!

I am, of course, kidding around about the .50BMG.
I would settle for a gun in 7x30 Waters
a 24" octagon barrel and a 26" half round/half octagon barrel
full mag for 24" and button mag on 26"
no tang safety
prefer no frame safety either, but may have to live with that!
tang sight and fold down express sights
please, a nice oil finished walnut stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no white line spacers.
Won't happen, but love for it to be made in the USA.

Good Shootin!!
DarryH
Nebraska
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I will take a Model 92 24" .500 S&W Rifle please! and can I put an order in for a .475 Linebaugh 18" carbine! :mrgreen: Oh ya, please build em tough to handle the stoutest of those loads! :)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

An ever-so-slightly-stretched STAINLESS STEEL Marlin Model 39A Mountie, in .22 Magnum, and slim wood or synthetic stocks. :mrgreen: :P :P

Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I want them to remake the Marlin 97, complete with long octagon barrel, thin wood and straight grip. No safety BS. If they made one I would buy it. I find it interesting that the Italian or Brazilian companies haven't worked into the 22's yet.

Ed
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

An affordable Volcanic pistol in modern calibers - just something fun to shoot! :D
zack coyote
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zack coyote »

I'd like to own a Marlin 1895 Cowboy with a 20" barrel. All the power I'll ever need, and handy!
We'll be remembered for what we've done, not what we have.
www.johndietzstudio.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Kansas Ed wrote:I want them to remake the Marlin 97, complete with long octagon barrel, thin wood and straight grip. No safety BS. If they made one I would buy it. I find it interesting that the Italian or Brazilian companies haven't worked into the 22's yet.

Ed
Uberti has. Navy Arms used to import an Uberti made 1866 copy in 22LR and 38 Spcl, and I've read that in recent years Uberti has made some 1873s in 22LR. Have never seen one of the 73s. Have seen and handled the older NA 1866s.

My wish for a gun they really made is simple:
I wish Ruger would have introduced the Vaquero when they were making the old 3 screws. That would have been the perfect single action in my opinion. Colt style action with indestructible Ruger springs and strength to boot.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Stainless Steel Winchester 1886 SRC in 45-70!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I would like a rifle along the lines of the Winchester 1892 but in a takedown configuration in 17 HMR, 22 WMR, and 5mm Remington Magnum. Oh, and a nice case to store and carry it in. :D
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

J Miller wrote:
Kansas Ed wrote:I want them to remake the Marlin 97, complete with long octagon barrel, thin wood and straight grip. No safety BS. If they made one I would buy it. I find it interesting that the Italian or Brazilian companies haven't worked into the 22's yet.

Ed
Uberti has. Navy Arms used to import an Uberti made 1866 copy in 22LR and 38 Spcl, and I've read that in recent years Uberti has made some 1873s in 22LR. Have never seen one of the 73s. Have seen and handled the older NA 1866s.

I wish Ruger would have introduced the Vaquero when they were making the old 3 screws. That would have been the perfect single action in my opinion. Colt style action with indestructible Ruger springs and strength to boot.

Joe

I've been to Uberti's website, and except for the 1885 they don't list a .22. If they made on on the '73 platform, they must be tough to get, cause GB doesn't list a single one. Neither does Navy Arms list one.

Ed
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

I guess I'll throw mine in, but I'm going down in caliber. I'd like a nice Walnut and Blued (or CCH) Cowboy rifle in 25-20. I just love that little caliber. I sold my last one like an idiot. I have a NIB 1894CL Limited Edition in 32-20 but sure would like another 25-20.
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Wow, wonderful responses so far guys. Maybe some of the manufacturers are monitoring the forum and will find some ideas. Here's another: wouldn't it be nice if someone would make a low budget, unadorned double rifle in common chamberings for those of us who can't afford 5 figures and up for one of the fancy European jobs, let alone the 17 bucks a pop ammo prices like TedH was telling us his 470 Nitro ammo cost. They could make them on different sized receivers like with shotguns, i.e. .410 bore size for 25-20 to 357 size cartridges, 20 ga. size for larger pistol sizes and 30-30 class rifle cartridges, and 12 ga. size for 45-70 and up cartridges. I think that would be a hoot!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Well it's not a specific handgun, it's a design to handle a double (or triple) stack 22lr magazine. If you can put 20 9mm's in a XPM should be able to get 40-50 rounds w/ 22.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

David wrote:Well it's not a specific handgun, it's a design to handle a double (or triple) stack 22lr magazine. If you can put 20 9mm's in a XPM should be able to get 40-50 rounds w/ 22.
Grendel tried that with the P30 in .22 Mag but IIRC they had major feed issues.

I'm going to have to think about the original post though and separate what I wish was made vs what I wish I could afford... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Kansas Ed wrote:
J Miller wrote:

Ed

Joe

I've been to Uberti's website, and except for the 1885 they don't list a .22. If they made on on the '73 platform, they must be tough to get, cause GB doesn't list a single one. Neither does Navy Arms list one.

Ed
Ed,
I don't believe they are current production. The 1866 I handled was a long time ago.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Marlin Cowboy in .444 Marlin.

The .44 Ruger Special as a regular item.

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Pete44ru wrote:An ever-so-slightly-stretched STAINLESS STEEL Marlin Model 39A Mountie, in .22 Magnum, and slim wood or synthetic stocks. :mrgreen: :P :P

I would love to just get my mitts on a blued 39 Mountie in 22 mag with a slim walnut stock, with ballard rifling.
NRA Life Member, Patron
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

slimster wrote:Here's another: wouldn't it be nice if someone would make a low budget, unadorned double rifle in common chamberings for those of us who can't afford 5 figures and up for one of the fancy European jobs, let alone the 17 bucks a pop ammo prices like TedH was telling us his 470 Nitro ammo cost.
Maybe a double-barrel 12-gauge with different full-length barrel inserts rifled and chambered for various centerfire cartridges. If they were indexed so always oriented with the same side 'up' then you could actually achieve some degree of user-adjustable 'regulation' via set-screws and a collar out towards the muzzle, assuming there was enough taper to the barrel inserts to allow a bit of forward-end lateral and vertical motion. Imagine having a 'double rifle' with a .32-20 on one side and a .45-70 on the other, or leave one insert out and just use 12 gauge shells on that side... :!:

David wrote:Well it's not a specific handgun, it's a design to handle a double (or triple) stack 22lr magazine. If you can put 20 9mm's in a XPM should be able to get 40-50 rounds w/ 22.
The "Tech-22" used 50-round (aftermarket '10/22') magazines and may still be available , and of course the Ruger Charger does too, although the Tech-22 is a bit handier, if 'boxier'.

slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

AJMD429 wrote:Everyone says it would be "too expensive" to engineer and create a stronger levergun able to handle .500 S&W or .460 S&W, and I find that strange. Several basically great designs ARE out there, and each has a reason of some sort (action length, front-of-receiver width, proximity of magazine tube) that could be changed rather easily. Getting the round to feed would be pretty easy. It seems like there would be three ways to increase action strength without a total re-invention: Increase size of parts, increase strength of steel, and find the weak part(s) and just change that part of the design. Browning and others designed AND built the originals of the ones we now use in a matter of days using ancient steel and tools compared with the metallurgy and CAD and engineering available now.
Doc, you and I seem t have similar thoughts on this subject. In regards to the BigBore 94, many people have speculated that the "fat sides" were more for marketing hype than for the necessity of strengthening the receiver. After all, Marlin successfully marketed a .356 version of their 336 without having to thicken the receiver walls, and they are generally accepted to be in the same strength category as the Win. 94. It would've been much better looking and feeling to me if they had of thickened the whole rec. if necessary, than to put those bulges on the rear. I believe a material upgrade would have served the purpose too. As far as the 92 for the 454 and 460/500 S&W, I understand that the 454 is at the absolute max. for the original design. Though I have had no problems with the blue one I had, or the stainless one I have now, I understand that some reports have surfaced in respect to action wear and locking lug peening after heavy use. I doubt I'll ever shoot near enough full house loads to experience those type of problems myself though, as mine sees many more std. to warm 45 loads than it does full house 454's. It would be nice if someone would build a slightly longer and thicker version for the S&W cartridges. As a matter of fact, if if I'm not mistaken, Buck Elliot, designed, or helped design, a lovely little downsized 1886 several ears back, when he was with, I believe, Freedom Arms, that I believe would have been up to the task for the S&W cartridges, and prototypes were actually built in 454. It was,iirc, sized somewhat between a 92 and an 1886. Perhaps Mr. Elliot will chime in at some point and give us some details on that little gem of a rifle.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

My wish is very simple and doable.
I want Remington to build a 16 gauge on the 20 gauge 870 receiver.

When Remington was building an annual "Classic" caliber model 700, I would put in my annual request for the 7.65x53 Mauser. "The cartridge that should have been."

If we want to get fanciful, how about bringing back the Webley-Fosbery. Maybe in an eight shot .357 using full moon clips.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

A 22mag 39A rifle or carbine would be kind of cool.

Uberti did make an 1873, 22cal, carbine back in the 90's IIRC. I remember seeing one a long time ago.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

Wild West Guns used to make a 500 S&W lever action. I handled one at a Shot Show a few years back. It didn't really excite me too much. They used the make everything bigger approach. I have one of their Stainless Copilots which I really like. A S&W 460 lever to go with my S&W 460 XVR would get my attention
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

765x53 wrote:My wish is very simple and doable.
I want Remington to build a 16 gauge on the 20 gauge 870 receiver.

When Remington was building an annual "Classic" caliber model 700, I would put in my annual request for the 7.65x53 Mauser. "The cartridge that should have been."

If we want to get fanciful, how about bringing back the Webley-Fosbery. Maybe in an eight shot .357 using full moon clips.
An aquaintenance of mine has one of the original "Sweet 16's" - a 16ga on a 20ga frame.

Amazing the difference between thr same gun on a 12ga frame.

I love the 16...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

A Browning BLR (or equivalent) with a composite stock and an extended magazine holding at least eight to ten rounds. A twenty round magazine wouldn't hurt my feelings.

A full size takedown lever rimfire with a decent mount for a scope. Since this is a wish list, I want the barrel to be swappable so the same action could fire 22LR, 22 WMR, 17 HMR and 17 Mach 2. Box magazine would be OK but I kind of like the tube mags on rimfire rifles.

Edited to add:

Something like the 270 Herron Staggercyl would be pretty cool:

http://www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/?p=233
Last edited by scarville on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

"As a matter of fact, if if I'm not mistaken, Buck Elliot, designed, or helped design, a lovely little downsized 1886 several ears back, when he was with, I believe, Freedom Arms, that I believe would have been up to the task for the S&W cartridges, and prototypes were actually built in 454. It was,iirc, sized somewhat between a 92 and an 1886. Perhaps Mr. Elliot will chime in at some point and give us some details on that little gem of a rifle."

The rifle was designed after I was no longer employed by Freedom Arms, and I did it all myself... The concept had been in my head for many years, and I felt it was time for such a rifle in the marketplace.

With very little tweaking, the design will accept the Linebaugh cartridges (std & Maximum versions) and the .500 S&W. (With a little more tweaking, it could be adapted to the .460 S&W as well.) This capability was designed into the gun from the first.

The "did it myself" part became more difficult when I tried to raise enough money to MAKE the dang' things. Remember, that was back in the Clinton, 'anti-gun' years, and now, we're in the Obama 'anti-EVERYTHING' years.

If someone can suggest a source of capital, from people who aren't scared of their shadows, I'm listening. Maybe some time soon -- like before I get old and die...?!?
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I would like a rifle along the lines of the Winchester 1892 but in a takedown configuration in 17 HMR, 22 WMR, and 5mm Remington Magnum. Oh, and a nice case to store and carry it in. :D
Funny you should mention it...

I always thought the 9422 (much as I love 'em...) was patterned after the wrong Winchester levergun. But then, the boys at the Big Red W never had much functional imagination anyway. (at least since about 1936...)

So -- I've been working on a sort-of '92-22' for a while now; something with a rounded receiver bottom, more like the '92, and with the lever, hammer & trigger in the proper places. A '66/'73-like version is also on the drawing board.

All it takes is money, guys.... :(
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Any traditional handguns with magic sight I can see. And no I wont put a lazer sifgt on a beautiful single action.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

walks with gun wrote:Any traditional handguns with magic sight I can see. And no I wont put a lazer sifgt on a beautiful single action.
...how about if it replaced the ejector shroud and only made it only 1/4" longer... :?:

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

slimster wrote:Buck Elliot, designed, or helped design, a lovely little downsized 1886 several ears back, when he was with, I believe, Freedom Arms, that I believe would have been up to the task for the S&W cartridges, and prototypes were actually built in 454. It was,iirc, sized somewhat between a 92 and an 1886. Perhaps Mr. Elliot will chime in at some point and give us some details on that little gem of a rifle.
If one of us wins a lottery ticket, we need to chip in and start 'Elliot Firearms' and then we'll have our dream guns... :!:

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Thanks, Pard.

We can all dream, can't we...?
Regards

Buck

475Marlin
Levergunner

Post by 475Marlin »

I had this made several years ago... Marlin 1894 475 Linebaugh...My Dream gun for sure... Shoots like one too... :D

Last edited by 475Marlin on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I posted about the Grendel P-30 and then noticed that someone else also mentioned it, so I deleted my post.

Then i remembered something else, ie. Calico Arms Model 100 and it's 100 round helical magazine. it also had an optional 50-round magazine available.

Talk about butt-ugly!!!!

They make, or made those things in both pistol and carbine versions and chambered for .22 LR and 9 mmP.

Talk about a pistol you can load on Sunday and shoot all week!
Last edited by Doc Hudson on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

scarville wrote:A

Something like the 270 Herron Staggercyl would be pretty cool:

http://www.bigheadpress.com/lneilsmith/?p=233
Oddly enough, such a revolver was made back in the 1880's. IIRC it ws a 12 or 16 shot revolver and I think it was chambered for a .32 caliber round of some sort.

I'll dig out my copy of Firearm Curiosa and see if i can scan a photo of the thing.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

475Marlin wrote:I had this made several years ago... Marlin 1895 475 Linebaugh...
...sure that isn't an 1894...? Still I'll bet that is a thumper. Marlin should have made them a factory item in either .475 Linebaugh or .480 Ruger!

What are the three little 'nubs' on the stock behind the lever...?
Doc Hudson wrote:Then I remembered something else, ie. Calico Arms Model 100 and it's 100 round helical magazine. it also had an optional 50-round magazine available. Talk about butt-ugly!!!! They make, or made those things in both pistol and carbine versions and chambered for .22 LR and 9 mmP. Talk about a pistol you can load on Sunday and shoot all week!
They ARE tons of fun. Otherwise I'm not so sure I'd have any 'use' for the 9mm cartridge, as I never felt the need for a CCW gun smaller than the ParaOrd P-12, so the 9mm handguns never really got me fired up. Still, I sure wish they made THIS one in .45 ACP (...or .30 Carbine, or .38 Super, or...)

475Marlin
Levergunner

Post by 475Marlin »

Sorry, typo on the 1894. The three bumps on the underside of the stock are the 3-piece Twilight aperture set to go with the XS Ghost sight. There are also 2 Mercury tubes in the stock to help recoil and makes the balance perfect. Along with Robar NP3 plateing on the entire gun (inside and out) This gun has the best action and trigger feel that I have ever shot. And is still really a pleasure to shoot even with 425gr. LFNGC loads...I have some better pics somewere if you want to see more...Mic McPherson fixed it up for me.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Uberti did make the 73 in 22lr ,I have one and here it is

gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Win 92 or clone in .327.
Resurrection of Ruger PC series carbines--lightened-- in 9mm, .40 and adding 10mm and .45ACP.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

barbarossa wrote:Uberti did make the 73 in 22lr ,I have one and here it is

Yup, I was looking at one a while back - probably should have bought it as they rarely come up for sale. According to discussion here http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11728 Uberti stopped making the 73 in .22 about 1989.