Arkansas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nobody

Arkansas

Post by Nobody »

:D
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwight
Levergunner

Re: Arkansas

Post by dwight »

MissKitty and myself live out in the boonies sort of in the Ft. Smith area.

Where is hobs?

--Dwight
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

dwight wrote:MissKitty and myself live out in the boonies sort of in the Ft. Smith area.

Where is hobs?

--Dwight
Dwight, a temporary redirection of the thread: I was in Fort Smith back in '02 and noticed they were building or had built a trolley route there. Is it up and running and is there a link to it?

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :mrgreen:
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Arkansas Bob - Been by/out to the Hobbs range, but never shot there. I hear it's a good range. I'm a little south of Fayetteville. Used to live in Bentonville about 25 years ago. How long have you been there? Used to be a member of Fellowship Bible Church in Bentonville before moving out of state in 1985. See you're a Christian. Where do you go to church?
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

dwight
Levergunner

Post by dwight »

:wink:
Last edited by dwight on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I am in Batesville in Independence county. We go to church about 10 miles south of Mountain View on highway 5, Arbanna Baptist Church AV1611 King James. It is only a 40 mile drive but it sure is worth it. Any of ya'll get to Mountain View to listen to the music come out some Sunday morning.
I am going to try to meet up with smokeeater2 from up around Moutain Home sometime this summer.We have hunted some of the same country.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I live over in Madison County, about 20 miles east of Fayetteville. I lived in Rogers, AR for a few years in the eairly 80's, and was a member of the Roger's Gun Club back then, when we shot at the Roger's Police range. Ironically, I have never actually been to the Hobbs range, but I used to hunt over there some, and while I was a member of the Roger's gun club, we worked with the game and fish to get the Hobbs range built, but I moved to Springdale before it was built, had a job change, and gradually gave up competition shooting over the next few years, and now live on the farm I grew up on, in Madison County. I just couldn't handle town life, and had to get back out in the country.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have caught a lot of nice trout from the Little Red River below the dam at Heber Springs, several good places have real easy access areas. I have caught some fine big trout from the White River here too.If you get over this way look me up.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

There is a place a few miles down river called the swinging bridge that has a good big hole that is real easy to fish.That would be the place to start.

CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

A bunch of very good friends of mine live in and around Russellville. Nice area......looking to retire in that area when the time comes. Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:lol: :lol: Too funny Bob ....My friends that live there say the same thing! If you're worried about a Northern invader, I'm a transplant. I was born and raised most of childhood in Nashville, Tennessee. Thank you much for the warning! :D Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

My ex is Arkansian. I've spent a bunch of time trout fishin the Spring River in Hardy and up Mountain Home way. For a spell I lived in Broken Arrow, OK on the Arkansas River and caught a bunch of cat and carp there. Nice part of the earth.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My son works in NW ARK for Nucor.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Cogburn
Levergunner

Post by Cogburn »

I am south of Little Rock about 35 miles. I get up to Fayetteville a couple of times a year for workshops at UAF. Found a shooting buddy from Fort Smith and we would like a place to go shooting when up there.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Tycer wrote:My ex is Arkansian.
Tycer, far be it from me to take offense with or correct any portion of one of my levergunner brother's posted replys, but it's ARKANSAWYER! Please don't kill the messenger, but our state legislature did say it is so and made it official during a legislative session a year or so ago.

And CEMENTHEAD, bring your Tennessee birth certificate when you come down looking for a retirement place. If your Tennessee origins can be confirmed, we'll be happy to have you. :lol:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

GoatGuy wrote:
Tycer wrote:My ex is Arkansian.
Tycer, far be it from me to take offense with or correct any portion of one of my levergunner brother's posted replys, but it's ARKANSAWYER! Please don't kill the messenger, but our state legislature did say it is so and made it official during a legislative session a year or so ago.

And CEMENTHEAD, bring your Tennessee birth certificate when you come down looking for a retirement place. If your Tennessee origins can be confirmed, we'll be happy to have you. :lol:
I know it, but that POd my ex no end. She'll get red in the face and tell ya she don't saw nothin.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

South central part of the state. About 15 0r 20 miles north of the state line.
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Tycer wrote: I know it, but that POd my ex no end. She'll get red in the face and tell ya she don't saw nothin.
How quaint! Sounds like she was a really refined, articulate young woman. Arkansas? Huh, ... must have originally been an Okie. :roll:
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D :lol: :D Will Do Goat Guy! I knew there was a reason why I love that state....you're VERY protective and selective !!! :lol: Tom

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Arkansas Bob wrote:
Lastmohecken wrote:I live over in Madison County, about 20 miles east of Fayetteville. I lived in Rogers, AR for a few years in the eairly 80's, and was a member of the Roger's Gun Club back then, when we shot at the Roger's Police range. Ironically, I have never actually been to the Hobbs range, but I used to hunt over there some, and while I was a member of the Roger's gun club, we worked with the game and fish to get the Hobbs range built, but I moved to Springdale before it was built, had a job change, and gradually gave up competition shooting over the next few years, and now live on the farm I grew up on, in Madison County. I just couldn't handle town life, and had to get back out in the country.

I just realized from your Buy,Sell,Trade post that you are Rebel Arms. I forgot you where even out there. Are you still in business and at the same place? Did the hwy move you some? I need to run out there and see what you have.
No, I am not Rebel Arms, but the owner is a good friend of mine. He is still in business and in the same place. The new highway changed the access a little bit, but they didn't take his business.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Arkansas Bob wrote:I was wondering how long it would be befor someone from Booger County showed up. :lol:

I have a sister in Huntsville. Hope you make it to hobbs sometime. Now days it crowed but once the Obama new wears off it will return to normal. Nice to meet ya.

Small world, isn't it. Yep, I need to get out to the Hobb's range and see what it looks like. If I had stayed in Rogers, I am sure I would have used it a lot, but living out in the country, I can shoot off of my front or back porch anytime I want to.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Hmm, I always thought it was "ARKIE" :D :D :lol:

Do have some friends in Mountain Home. He had a gun shop there. One of my good friends parents were from Hope.

Beautiful part of the state, the Northwest part, around the Ozark uplift. Loved riding my motorcycle in the area, about 3 decades ago.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

I'm right here in the Arkansas River Valley on Interstate 40, Clarksville, AR
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There's no reason to come to Fla. to retire. All the fish have been caught. There's no game left to shoot and the oil companies are moving illegals by the busload to work on the oil drilling rigs they're putting in everywhere. I hear there putting an oil rig right through the middle of Cinderella's castle up where the talking mouse lives next week. I think I'll pull out myself.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Thunder50 wrote:Hmm, I always thought it was "ARKIE" :D :D :lol:

Do have some friends in Mountain Home. He had a gun shop there. One of my good friends parents were from Hope.

Beautiful part of the state, the Northwest part, around the Ozark uplift. Loved riding my motorcycle in the area, about 3 decades ago.

Thunder, Would that be Bob's guns? If so They are still in business and doing well.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I'm in Mountain Home in the NC part of the state. Two lakes,two rivers, all full of fish and some good hunting grounds if You don't mind rough terrain (keeps the riff-raff outa' the deep woods :) ). JerryB,Ya'll come on up anytime.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I lived in Ozark for a short while in the early 70's.. and travel in Arkansas and OK for work quite a bit.

The FT Smith Trolley.... seems FT Smith had a very advanced trolley line back in the day. Ft Smith kept a ton of cars and equipment for the trolley system in storage after they took the line out of service. If memory serves that was back in the 30's. I was in town a couple of weeks ago and saw a old trolley car coming in from OK on a flatbed tractor trailer--- unrestored- so I assume someone does that kind of work in town now days.

Because FT Smith stored so many cars it was pretty easy to get a tourist line up and running after some restoration. From what I have heard...if you need a trolley car for a movie or whatever Ft Smith is the place to call looking for one these days.

Ft Smith had legal prostitution way into the 1920's too. The city's visitor's center is housed at "Miss Laura's Social Club". is along the Arkansas river (down to the right as you cross the River back to Oklahoma) and was a working house and the lone surviving bordello building in the area that used to be the "strip" in Old Ft Smith. When I was in FT Smith a couple of weeks ago..the awnings were down and the building looked closed... the web site indicates it's still open.
Plans are in the works for a US Marshall's Museum along the river in that general area.
The trolley car storage and working yard was in that area if I remember things.

The Parks Service has done a remodel and rework of the old Territorial Jail and Parker's Courthouse... the museum and prision is worth the admission price.
I always liked FT Smith and Van Buren... lot's of history in that area.
Last edited by Hillbilly on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Yep, Bobs Guns. Been along time since I have seen him. I was passing thru, on my Honeymoon and stopped in and said Hi. He used to live in Oklahoma, as did I, about 5 blocks from my house. Good guy.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Small world ain't it? :) Bob and Nancy are considering retiring I think. Bob very seldom does any smithing these days but son Aaron is grown now and will probably take over the shop. I while away a lot of time there shooting the breeze with them and have picked up some really nice lever guns and single-actions from them over the years,good folks all around.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

We are starting to get "visitors" like these two lowlifes though. What kind of weasel hits a 60 yr. old lady with a baseball bat and robs a fruit stand? :x Heck, A lot of folks here just put a veggie stand and a cash honor box by the road and people stop, get what they want and put the money in the box. Time's are changing for the worse. :(

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs ... 0990724007