Laid Off? Need work? Post it here and lets network!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Laid Off? Need work? Post it here and lets network!

Post by rjohns94 »

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Any project engineers for road construction?
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Hey, Mr. Postman!

http://www.mypostalexam.com/

Not a bad gig. Good benefits and you don't lay awake at night worrying about some uncompleted project...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/se ... ROLS&cws=2

I work for Scientech, a Curtiss-Wright Flow Control company, in Idaho Falls, ID. We are doing quite well in the recession -- we are in the energy business. They are building energy plants, nuke plants, etc. all over the world right now, and business is good for us. We are hiring software engineers, quality engineers with experience in Electronics in Idaho Falls, and a variety of other positions around the country for our other divisions. We build monitoring systems for nuke plants, both the software and the electronic hardware that goes with it. We also retrofit old nuke plants with new digital circuit boards made by our staff in Idaho Falls. The other divisions make steam valves, coke drum equipment, all kinds of stuff to do with the energy world.

We just purchased a company that makes 'caskets' for storing spent fuel rods. Since the gov't recently cancelled Yucca Mountain for centralized spent fuel storage in NV, the power companies are now having to store their waste onsite the way they have in the past. They are all hitting their end of life on current storage, and need new containers, since they can no longer depend on the move to Yucca. We will be taking on a lot of business around the country, building and supplying the 'caskets' to power companies with spent fuel rods.

I have been told we will likely hire 25 people for various positions in Idaho Falls before the end of the year. Lots more hiring happening all over the country. We are gearing up for some good work! Come join us!

WE ARE A COMPANY THAT MAKES STUFF. IN THE USA!

Randy Clements
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

OMG! Here's one for you REAL gun cranks...

Curator of the Cody Firearms Museum

Buffalo Bill Historical Center - Cody, WY

The Cody Firearms Museum (CFM) at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (BBHC) in Cody, Wyoming, invites applications for the curator position. The Cody Firearms... $60,000 - $85,000 a year

http://jobbank.artsusa.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3153441

I wish I was qualified... as I am now "officially" unemployed...

The successful candidate will hold at least a Master’s degree in American history, American studies, military history or a related field with an emphasis in the history of technology. A Ph.D. in any of these fields is desirable. Other desired attributes include: Demonstrated expertise in firearms technology or history. Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with public and scholarly communities. At least 4 years post-graduate experience in museum or similar environment. Previous curatorial experience of at least 3 years. Previous experience planning and designing exhibits. Project management experience. Strong scholarly publication record. Some supervisory experience is preferred. Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Argus or other registration data base is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication. Substantial public speaking ability and experience. Record of participation in successful grant writing. Collections management experience. Demonstrated success in fund raising. Experience working with an advisory or other volunteer board.

Oh well. Back to the job boards...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Ironsights wrote:OMG! Here's one for you REAL gun cranks...

The Cody Firearms Museum (CFM) at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (BBHC) in Cody, Wyoming, invites applications for the curator position. The Cody Firearms... $60,000 - $85,000 a year

The successful candidate will hold at least a Master’s degree in American history, American studies, military history or a related field with an emphasis in the history of technology. A Ph.D. in any of these fields is desirable. Other desired attributes include: Demonstrated expertise in firearms technology or history. Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with public and scholarly communities. At least 4 years post-graduate experience in museum or similar environment. Previous curatorial experience of at least 3 years. Previous experience planning and designing exhibits. Project management experience. Strong scholarly publication record. Some supervisory experience is preferred. Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Argus or other registration data base is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication. Substantial public speaking ability and experience. Record of participation in successful grant writing. Collections management experience. Demonstrated success in fund raising. Experience working with an advisory or other volunteer board.

Given the weak economy, they will probably fill this position as stated, but during "normal times" one would have to sacrifice a lot to take it. A person with a masters and/or a PhD would normally get paid six-figures in almost any area of the country. Kind of hard to pay off 8-12 years of college making $60K a year! :shock:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:OMG! Here's one for you REAL gun cranks...

Given the weak economy, they will probably fill this position as stated, but during "normal times" one would have to sacrifice a lot to take it. A person with a masters and/or a PhD would normally get paid six-figures in almost any area of the country. Kind of hard to pay off 8-12 years of college making $60K a year! :shock:
Given all of the Requirements, I think they are looking for an older/semi-retired Historian/Gun Crank looking for somthing to do for the Love of Old Guns who long ago paid off their degree...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bang
Levergunner

Post by Bang »

madman4570 wrote:Again theres that fine line between kissing the south end and doing and putting up with things maybe you dont like to keep your family provided for! Believe me I know! But again unless you own or work for your parent who owns the Company and lets you get away with anything sorry to say in this day and age your screwed!

Also any "positive updates" for the job seekers on here yet????
Found a $35k job fixing Sony TV's for 30hrs a week. It's a mind melter of a job in Korean Kia van made for 5'2" people - at least 5+ hours a day but I am out of the house and the "trouble and strife" ( rhymes with WIFE ) is happy as it pays the mortgage.

Not being in a workshop or office allows me to restart and restock my firearms business I got out of 3 years ago.

BTW : having higher educational standards does not mean you will get a good job. I have a Masters in Economics, degree in Electrical engineering and assorted certificates and odd qualifications such as Nursing - thanks the Army for that. Most employeers dont like to see multi qualified peole as they think you wont stay ( true in my case ) if you get bored.
I know more out of work overqualified "pen pushers" than any tradesperson.
I wish to die like my grandmother - peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in her car !

Is there a 21st Century lever action?
snowyowl
Levergunner

Post by snowyowl »

I've been bicycling to work now for over a year and a half and have lost 40 lbs and aiming for 20 lbs more to be at my idea weight. I cycle in all kinds of weather.

I have been doing 72 miles a week but now I'll be doing closer to 100 miles per week as I now prepare for next year's Seattle to Portland bike race.

I've certainly have gained a lot of respect for doing it. It's great therapy physically and mentally.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

3rd Biggest mistake I ever made was not taking a job offer in TX a while back...

Sigh. Just goes to show what happens when you put other people ahead of your own best interests... Oh well.

Anyway, got a job fair coming up in Chicago... WY DOC is looking for folks. You better believe I'm gonna be there with my cowboy boots on...

Wouldn't mind at all going back to WY...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Global Sporting Safaris, the leader in International and Domestic Hunting and Fishing Travel, is growing its Outfitter and Clientele base and is in need of a few quality full time salespeople. Relocation is not necessary. You must be able to work from your home office and be well versed CRM, MS Office software, internet applications, email etiquette, spelling and excellent phone and people skills. Self-motivation and a work-at-home discipline is essential.

Interested parties should have extensive hunting and fishing experience and a passion for hunting and fishing travel.

Please go to: http://www.gssafaris.com/career.htm for details.

Phone calls regarding resumes or sales positions will not be accepted. If Global Sporting Safaris accepts your resume, we will call you. Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Steve Sibrel
CFO/COO
Global Sporting Safaris, Inc.
http://www.GSSafaris.com
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Times are tuff!!!
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Ysabel Kid wrote:A person with a masters and/or a PhD would normally get paid six-figures in almost any area of the country. Kind of hard to pay off 8-12 years of college making $60K a year! :shock:
"Tain't necessarily so YK!

My ex-wife got her PhD in 2007. The "step" raise she got for the achievement totalled $1800.00 extra per year.

Unless she got a big raise on the contract she signed after our divorce, she's teacing seven classes and making less than $60,000 per year.

Of course that is in Mississippi and in education.

One more thing, when Marcia was awarded her PhD, we left Mississippi State owing not one red cent in student loans or anything else. We payed for classes as she took them.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

DH - correct, teachers are a well documented exception. I wouldn't even call it a "rule", but in general, it does apply. Especially during normal economic times. Of course, these times are anything BUT normal! :shock:
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I work for ThyssenKrupp Elevator. I know our factory in Middleton, TN will soon be looking for a Safety Manager. If anyone lives in Lima, Peru, I am looking for a new Safety Coordinator for there as well. PM me if you are interested. No degree necessary for either job, but must speak Spanish for the job in Lima. A background in construction and common sense is required and any OSHA qualifications are a plus.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The purpose of this topic is to assist those in need of a job. If you have other comments to make do so in a PM.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My daughter tells me that Booz Allen Hamilton is still hiring... This is due, in part, to the stimulus package. The firm does a lot of government contract work.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ridgerunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ridgerunner »

If any of y'all know of an employer who is looking for an experienced firearms instructor/class room instructor, I'd appreciate a heads up.
I have been teaching firearms and other subjects to Navy personnel since '01. Would like to stay in the area of Virginia, NC, WVA, KY TN.

Resume available on request...

Thanks loads.
Confederately yours,

Ridgerunner
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Kind of hard to pay off 8-12 years of college making $60K a year! :shock:
I have a Master's, and I'd give my right arm for $60k about now. Any takers?
clc79092
Levergunner

Post by clc79092 »

Well I am always hiring and training people for positions as a CNA (certified nursing assistant) but it is not an easy job and starting pay is minimum wage. State has specific regulations regarding criminal history but if that is clean. The job is located 70 miles west of San Antonio, Texas.
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

Well, just got laid off after ten years with the company. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad as I was the last to go as the company decided to close its doors. I wish they had given me some notice though....things were slowing down, but I didn't expect this move.

Anyhow, I'm a mechanic in the SF Bay Area of California. I've had automotive repair experience, and have been working for a small commercial HVAC company doing installation and repairs. I'm quite handy with things and know many aspects of construction, fabrication, repair, etc.

If anybody here locally needs a hand, please contact me.

Thank You.

hdodge@ix.netcom.com
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:| My turn....The company I worked for laid me off. They were in the process of re-arrangement of workers to other states, however they scrapped that idea and laid off 200 employees in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Now what? Don't know really....... I've always had a job and never collected benefits since the age of 14. Tomorrow's another day........................Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Hank and Tom:

I'm truly sorry to hear about your respective turns of events. It's a rotten feeling, for sure, but who knows what God has laid ahead of them for the future. Hang tough, amigos.

Scott
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Hope you have better luck that I, 6 months off and not many options for new work.
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

Yep....It's not lookin' real good out there at the moment.
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"
snowyowl
Levergunner

Post by snowyowl »

The company I work for has few openings compared to a year ago. I'm still working enough to pay bills though; I'm thinking of a couple of lines of work that translate into a "tentmaker" skill like Paul the Apostle.Perhaps appliance repair.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Well, I suppose I could be a pimp, but I'd keep dipping into the inventory.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Travis Morgan wrote:Well, I suppose I could be a pimp, but I'd keep dipping into the inventory.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hank Dodge, Somthing I always wondered about was a job for a guy like yourself thats handy on cars/and others things like HVAC etc. With all the cars/trucks on the road and now most all have engine dianostic computers (it seems they all seem to have multiple times within the car/trucks life that it comes up with "Check engine Light"/"Service Engine Soon Light etc."Now when that happens the "Normal guy starts thinking to themselves"what can that be??? maybe they go to AutoZone and have the kid come out with his inexpensive palm Diagnostic reader for a general guess possability problem.Maybe 25% of the time thats what it is. So,For a reasonable amount of money,I mean maybe less than say $10K is it possible to actually have a Pro Diagnostic Analyzer that tells you pretty much most the time what code its showing is really what it is. If so I am convinced the right guy with a little hard/honest work ethic could make a go of it.
There are so many times you hear someone say my car has a check engine light on but Autozone was wrong/or I am not taking it to the dealer because they will say its somthing much more expensive and rip me off.If that person knew for sure what that problem was then they for instance know many people "once the problem has been found" can fix it other than dealer much cheaper and also they could get the part themselves etc.I feel that if they had a garage just for this only(at least in our area) they would be swamped! Doing one thing but doing it very well and for less than $65-$70 an hour!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Here's an idea for anybody that's out of work and wants to do something to make some cash.

Open a small cajun restaurant. I work for a cajun foods company with all of the product needed to create a limited cajun menu. All the prep is three-step and 1/2 hour from start to finish not counting any prep for the ingredients - depending on how you go with that - but no more than an hour total. The food cost of the entrees is very low which means you will make good money on them.

The equipment needed is minimal: Two fryers, 7 cookers/holders (they make a 12 quart cooker for $40 or less that will work fine), cash register, prep table with tools, refridgerators, some tables and container holders for the front, etc.

Here's an example of the menu:

Fried Catfish Strips $5.99
Fried Chicken Wings $5.99
with one side - (fries, dirty rice, red beans and rice) and a drink (12 oz canned soda) or bottled water: $7.99
Extra side: $1.49
Drinks: $.99
Dirty Rice as a meal $3.99
Red Beans and Rice as a meal $3.99
Jambalaya $4.99
Shrimp Etouffee (served over white rice) $5.99
Shrimp Creole (served over white rice) $5.99
Chicken Gumbo (over white rice) $5.99
with Cornbread Muffin and drink: $6.49

I would have this open for dinner only - 4:30 to 8:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.

Two people could work this restaurant quite easily.

Depending on where you are - you could probably lease a small building or store front for $1,000 or even less per month.

An evening's gross sales of only $400 would result in about $200 in net profit - for about 6 hours work. That's roughly /$1000 per week, $52K per year with no vacations taken...

I think in a decent location you could do $700 an evening with average ticket of $7 - this is conservative. That's 100 orders per evening/25 orders per hour. That would yeild something like $2000 per week net profit, because your fixed costs stay fixed...

So, this business should give an income of between $52K to $100,000 per year...

If anybody is interested in this, PM me. You can order the product from a local distributor or direct - most likely if you're in an area that doesn't have our product in stock. I can recommend other products too - like the catfish or chicken and give you costs to expect for those. You may have to start by buying your stuff from sam's club or similar to get established but after that, a distributor will be willing to sell you...

I can send you some retail pack samples for you to prepare and sample - you will find they are excellent!

Image Image
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

O.S.O.K. has sent me some of the stuff he represents, and it is fantastic eating!!! You could make a fortune with this stuff!!! :D :D :D
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Not just cajun. You can do this with any food type, but cajun is the up and coming "ethnic" food.

Lets face it, I wouldn't council opening a hamburger, BBQ, chicken, sub, pizza, chinese or mexican place.... those have been beat to death and most locals have those already...

Actually, out of all of em if there's not a good BBQ in your area, that'd be the way to go...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Another good thing is Refrig/AC specailist Tech (take like a Boces certificate program)and become certified,if you are willing to travel----There are many good paying jobs with benifits. :wink:

Friend of mine took a voluntary permanent layoff last month(he can collect unemployment/then start his retirement after(he had like 30 years in) At unemploymnet office they looked at his resume and said before he left there----Oh a Refrig/AC specialist(how would you like a $23hr job in Archibald,Pa he isnt going to take it/after his unemployment is done he said he is done working! :lol:
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

If you are at all interested in Corrections, Wyoming is/will be looking for people for quite a while...

http://corrections.wy.gov/
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

good bbq is going belly-up in port orchard. not enough traffic.

I like the cajun idea. But don't have any recipes. I wonder if it'd work out as a mobile setup, either a cube van or a small trailer. That'd get the vehicle written off and avoid the landlord if the parking can be worked out.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Grizz wrote:good bbq is going belly-up in port orchard. not enough traffic.

I like the cajun idea. But don't have any recipes. I wonder if it'd work out as a mobile setup, either a cube van or a small trailer. That'd get the vehicle written off and avoid the landlord if the parking can be worked out.
You don't need recipes - check this out: http://www.louisianafishfry.com that's only retail - we have everything in bulk foodservice packs too.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

My wife and I are soon to join the unemployed club. It's the down side to working at the same place as your spouse. We're willing to relocate pretty much anywhere (except New Jersey :lol: ) if we can afford to. Moving isn't cheap, especially over long distances.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

My wife and I are soon to join the unemployed club. It's the down side to working at the same place as your spouse. We're willing to relocate pretty much anywhere (except New Jersey :lol: ) if we can afford to. Moving isn't cheap, especially over long distances.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Just a thought about the restaurant thing - I have a very good recipe for Cincinnati chili, and it's easy to fix. You make it up beforehand and ladle it out over spaghetti or as coneys.

in addition to the chili, you'd need:

Oyster crackers
cheese
onions
spaghetti
hot sauce

and/or small hot dogs, buns, and mustard.

The chili is basically ground beef and minced onions in EQUAL VOLUME, and lots of spices. There's quite a spice list, so there'd be some shopping there.

It's great stuff, very aromatic, very Greek. A good idea for a cart at some eclectic gathering.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Chivo,

Ya might wanna look up the definition of "eclectic".
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

OI phones in... wrote:If you are at all interested in Corrections, Wyoming is/will be looking for people for quite a while...

http://corrections.wy.gov/
Another advert in this week's newspaper...

I could use a few more Levergunners... 8)
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

If anyone needs a computer geek in east TX or north west LA (can fix or assemble one blindfolded with a hand behind my back) with a degree in psychology and 2 years experience in social work... buzz me ;) I have a job but the pay stinks. Less than twice minimum wage with zero benefits and no where to go up.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Don't know if this has been listed before or not....I just read it in the Feb issue of GUNS MAGAZINE.....................

www.nssf.org/jobs
UNITE
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Well...guess it is my turn. Company decided the future prospects were to dim after our second largest customer(GE-Med) notified us that they are moving ALL of their high tech medical electronic device manufacturing to India and China. Our business is down 40% year on year, of which the economy is only about 15% of that, the other 85% is off-shoring. The projections over the next fiscal year is another 20% reduction in Total Available Market provided the economy rebounds 1.2%...all the projected reduction is more off-shoring. Even though we are "demand creators" as Sales Engineers calling on engineering at OEM's(Original Equipment Manufacturers), our revenue is from Point of Sale at the manufacturing point. So say good by to the $$$'s and then to my job. Got a couple of sheepskins, but at 56 years old, my prospects are pretty dim. Kinda spent the mother lode(of course the stock market took a pretty good chunk too) of my retirement trying to weather the storm over the last couple of years coupled with my wife's chemo treatments (company cut out insurance back in 2008) runn'n us $2k a month, I just hope that I can get something soon.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Prayers up for you and your Family!
Boy, that is rough! Somthing has to done with the Medical also ($2,000)a month is unreal!
Hope somthing(with insurance)comes your way-------------Soon!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I've got about 6 weeks left on unemployment, which pays about 30% of what I was making, I need a break soon!!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Shoveled snow for 8 hours this morning, and was thankful for the work!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

2ndovc wrote:Another idea.

The larger trucking compainies are always hiring and many will train.
It's a tough job. Especially being away from home so much but it's something to
think about.

jb 8)

i thoughts so too. i have 30 years tanker yankin. haz-mat, perfect record..etc.
applied to over 500 companys, got THREE responses, all wanted me to run team, with someone i dont know.

still looking.
\
all i've ever done is tankers.

im in southern missouri

peabody
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

buckeyeshooter wrote:I've got about 6 weeks left on unemployment, which pays about 30% of what I was making, I need a break soon!!

same here .... :cry: