What Did You Do Over Father's Day??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

What Did You Do Over Father's Day??

Post by stew71 »

2nd run. Very tasty. Used concentrated leftovers from some wine fixins. Made a couple of quarts for personal use. Had to cut it 50-50 with distilled water. Just wanted to see how it's done and what it tasted like. Pretty cool if you ask me. :wink: :)

If this is deemed unfit to post on this site, then I understand if it's deleted. Nothing further will be mentioned or posted.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: What Did You Do Over Father's Day??

Post by Old Savage »

Daughter took us to a fine Italian restaurant, Ponzanella on Ventura Blvd. and gave us a bottle of Moet Chandon. Other daughter brought over Rocky Road, Reeces Cups, Guiness and Tapioca pudding. Great stuff! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Went out to lunch (I'm always out to lunch :lol:) and spent the rest of the day re-organizing my fishing gear and buying inline spinner baits off the Cabela's web site. Going trout fishing Thursday of this week up in the Warner Mountains and then Friday and Saturday on the Devil's Garden in the Modoc National Forest.
ED
Yer never too old
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Daughter and I went on a little 350 mile jaunt on the Goldwing.....she got me a good cheeseburger at Miner's Burgers in Union Gap (I'll bet KimCook knows this one).....A wet, windy day, but special none the less :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Went chutin'! Cowboy action chutin', that is! By the time I got the guns unloaded from the truck and into the guncart... I was sweatin' like a stuck pig! Got the cart over to the 1st stage and started loadin' the '51s... and had to stop twice from sweat droppin' into the cylinders as I was chargin' 'em! Got 'em loaded and by the time I reached the shotgun I was drippin' from head to foot! I managed all complete all 6 stages... but it wasn't pretty... in fact I had to call a penalty on myself as I broke one of the rules... Wasn't the only one overheated, tho'... they argued that I didn't really... and it didn't make any difference... but dern... it was to hot to argue back.

Did I mention it was hot?

Did I mention that I had FUN? Nope, that's cause I just came inside from startin' the lawnmower... so the Mrs. could mow the lawn. 'Cause it's hot... and she likes the heat... till something goes wrong... like our 12 year old mower won't start. :oops: :P :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol: But, it seems like it's only times like these, and when she wants a steak broiled, that she needs me!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Miner's, yep, been there many a time. Almost every time I go to Yakima. How do you think I got this table muscle?
Old Law Dawg
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Watched my 8-going on 9 year old grandson play in two games of coach-pitch baseball tournament finals. He is the team catcher and some of those little guys can play ball. Lots of small town fun.
Then had grilled sirloin steak and fixings for dinner. All in all, a good day. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Well --- i'm not a dad yet -- so i completed some paperwork for my job in the morning (yawn) -- later in the day, celebrated the memory of my late father by having a few beers the way he liked 'em --- domestic and ice cold. Then prepared some cedar plank salmon on the grill

Recipe for the day:
soak cedar plank in water for 4-5 hours (or it will catch fire too fast on the grill)

soak Salmon slab for 30-45 minutes in Allegro marinade/seasoning (soak it too long and the meat gets salty)
sprinkle slab with sea salt, basil and pre-packaged italian seasoning (the dry kind)

Pre-heat grill to 350 if its gas,-- charcoal-- you may have to guess.
Put salmon slab on cedar plank, skin side down ---- the fish should be done about the time the bottom of the plank starts to catch fire-- if it catches fire too soon, dowse the flames with beer . No need to flip the fish
----- Doug
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Had a nice cookout(get together) with about 20-25 friends and relatives at my place! A good time had by all!
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

On Friday, spent the day with my daughter in Ohio. She took me to a couple of pawn shops in Defiance, O. where I bought some old coins. Then to lunch at MOM's Diner in Archibold, O. a really nice retro 50's place. Then we hit an antique store where the price's were way too high.

Sunday went to Church, all the fathers were given a super large Hershey chocolate bar. After that to cook out hosted by one of the Church fathers. Lots of hot dogs, hamburgers, tater salad, pasta salad. Followed by most of the men and boys gathering down by the pond with shotguns, for an informal "trap" shoot. Was a fine time.

Also on Sunday my son and one of my grandsons came to the house in the evening and visited for a couple of hours. A fine weekend all around.
UNITE
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I did church in the am with son, then had dad over pulled pork, corn on the cob grilled, cole slaw, fruit salad and brownie trouffle desert. Was a good day.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I picked my boys up at the airport in Billings thursday, from there we proceeded to take in the festivity of the Quigley shoot at Forsyth.
Sunday after the shoot was over we made a whirlwind tour of the Little Bighorn, and Monday before I had to drop them at the airport, we toured the new Cabela's in Billings.
All in all probably have to go down as the best fathers day ever. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Started Father's Day by helping out the Scouts with Y2K. We had a table in the gathering space at our church and collected coins (and bills) from the parishers in a "coins for caring" drive for the local care center. Later that day Y2K learned how to water ski with his fellow scouts at a birthday party while I swam with my daughter at Lake Wylie. Stood in the muck for a while and ended up being covered - my feet anyway - with leeches! That couldn't put a damper on the day though!

I have a sweet tooth the size of an elephant's tusk. My wife and kids gave me:

"Raisinets" - from my little "raisinet" - YK's girl

"Junior Mints" - from none other than Y2K (junior)

"Hot Tamales" - from my own "hot tamale" (Mrs. YK)...

...and "Bridge Mix" to symbolize all of us nuts! :lol:
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Father's day was the first day of our return trip from our first annual family summer vacation. This year's trip was to So.Cal. I spent 12 hours driving that day, Corona, CA to Albequerque, NM.

Fun...

We're celebrating next weekend with the inlaws.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Brother in Law lives in Norco - right next to Corona - just down there the previous weekend.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...