?? Marlin 336 Cowboy 38/55... 26in barrel ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

?? Marlin 336 Cowboy 38/55... 26in barrel ??

Post by mad mucus »

G'day and HNY,

Did Marlin make this rifle... a Limited?

Thanks,
Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Yes, Marlin made the rifle. Unfortunately it is discontinued now.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mad mucus »

I know they made and discontinued the standard 24" model..... just wanting confirmation on the longer 26" and model/P.D.s :?:

I've been told, friend of a friend, there maybe one for sale in VG condition locally.

Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Hmmm I don't know for sure, but I thought all the 336 cowboys were 26", the 1895 Cowboys are. The 1894 cowboys were 24", new ones are 20".

I may have just confused the issue but at least I'll get it BTT so someone with more knowledge can answer.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yance »

When Marlin first introduced the Cowboy line I thought they were all 26" barrels. I've seen and shot a couple of the .45-70 versions, but have never seen one in .38-55. Might be a good thing or one of my plastic cards would suffer a major blow! :lol:

IMO, if the one you friend mentioned is indeed in very good condition I'd try not to let it get away.
Last edited by Yance on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I have Marlin catalogs that do not represent a 26" barrel 336 CB. I have never seen one. I own 2 in 30-30, 1-45 Colt and 1-357. All are 24"ers. The only 26" CB I have seen and owned is the 1895CB in 45-70. Marlin wil convert to the CB configuration provided parts are on hand.

Papalote