*OT* BoBo Scared of USNA Grads........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

*OT* BoBo Scared of USNA Grads........

Post by Blaine »

Figgers...He wants our folding knives, too.....

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/ma ... -97423759/
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: *OT* BoBo Scared of USNA Grads........

Post by gamekeeper »

And I thought it was only Britain that had a phobia about knives! :shock:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Temptation is a bad thing. He ain't the 1st to diarm those sworn to uphold the law when in his presence. I was tolld to leave my gunin my car when I met Pres. Bush in 1989 and read about Clinton doing the same.

Ain't so much the man himself, but those retentive guards that surround him.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:Temptation is a bad thing. He ain't the 1st to diarm those sworn to uphold the law when in his presence. I was tolld to leave my gunin my car when I met Pres. Bush in 1989 and read about Clinton doing the same.

Ain't so much the man himself, but those retentive guards that surround him.
When RR drove thru EUSA HQ in '83, just about every Swinging Richard was armed and loaded and involved in a QRF of some sort.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

That link is a popup-palooza for me, despite having a popup blocker. Locked up the browser, too.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

The Washington Slimes.

Did you see the next paragraph down about Ron Paul.

I hope that this paper is one of the ones soon to perish - it is an abismal cesspool of so-called journalism.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Maybe it's the times, or maybe Obama figures he's on somebody's list. But I remember when Rockefeller was the VP. He was shuttling from Washington to the mid-east. He often stopped at the base I was stationed at in Spain. Here was a gentlemen that appreciated the troops (amazing considering the times). He drove his security crazy because he wanted to walk out into the throng of GI's security, fire, medic, etc. that were on hand for such events. He would walk up shake hands and talk to us. There were no checkpoints and searches of the on duty folks. The off duty people were a bit further away, but only because it was happening on the flightline. Sorta says something about the times and the man.

Kissinger was also pretty good about showing his appreciation to the troops. Heck, when Ford flew in to Brajas airport, he was a bit ticked that his security rushed him into the limo before he could say hello.

Seems like our leaders, at that time, realized that the military was there to server and to follow his orders. Maybe they understood what "Commander in Chief" meant.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BoBo is a coward. His staff probably feels that one of those "mean military people" might be overcome with the desire to use their sword to save the country. :roll:

Personally, I don't think he has anything to fear from anyone in this country, especially men and women who have taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Granted, BoBo violates the same Constitution daily, but this just demonstrates that he hasn't a clue of the true nature of honor and duty... :evil:
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

I lived in the barracks at NAS Atlanta from April 1994 through April 1997, and Clinton flew in there on what seemed to be a fairly regular basis. More than once I opened the door to my room, only to be confronted by either AF or Navy security, hand on his sidearm, shouting, "Get back in there! We are on lockdown!" There was absolutely no movement allowed on post from the moment the wheels hit the runway, til the motorcade went through the gate, or vice versa. I remember once I was trying to come back on base, and was held at the gate for about 15 minutes. This was on the Navy side, and the motorcade went out the AF side, clear on the other end of the post.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
fknipfer
Levergunner

Post by fknipfer »

Who voted for these guys, not me for sure.

fknipfer
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Anwar Saddat.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Wish I could be President... I'd be armed. Must be the redneck in me. :lol:
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:Anwar Saddat.

If someone is willing to pay the ultimate price, any kill is possible. Somehow, I just don't put USNA Grads in the same group as Rag Terrorists.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote:
FWiedner wrote:Anwar Saddat.

If someone is willing to pay the ultimate price, any kill is possible. Somehow, I just don't put USNA Grads in the same group as Rag Terrorists.
Same group? Heck, I don't put them in the same species...

Yes, it has long been taken that anyone willing to die could kill anyone in society. Fortunately, we value life a tad bit higher than most other societies, so those charged with protecting others are not at a total disadvantage. Still would be a very hard job, made harder by some of the individuals one would have to protect... :roll:
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

What will the Great BaBoo do when he gets old enough to shave...?!? I doubt he'll stoop to doing the chore himself, so who will he trust at his neck with a very sharp cutting instrument.? Not even MichelleMyBelle, i'd wager.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...