Range brass blowout !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Range brass blowout !

Post by Streetstar »

OK OK -- not what you're thinking

i posted a thread earlier concerning my day at the range yesterday and neglected to mention this item i found

It looked humorous , so i thought id post it up
-- note- this is a 5.56 x 45 mm case :shock: -- i would've loved to have been there when this happened and i wonder what the fool slipped it into :lol: -- its necked up to .30 now and is stretched about as far as it will go -- Likely another post Obama AR-15 purchaser -- He may be the brain surgeon who donated the 233 cases of Lake City and Remington UMc brass to my cause too :lol:

another pic of my range bucket -- i got bored and counted -- 233 5.56 cases, 47 .30-06, 22 .308, 37 .30-.30, 100 or so pieces of .45 ACP and a few mixed .38/.357 pieces.
This was after i sorted out the odd piece of aluminum cased stuff and stuff with smashed case heads --- i'm not worried about corrosion -- with the economy the way it is, brass does not sit around long anymore
----- Doug
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Range brass blowout !

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Some of the aluminum cases are boxer-primed and can be loaded at least once more. I won't toss those without checking from now on.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

At our range, it used to be easy to pick up brass. Nowadays when I go to the range, I am lucky if I find 1 45acp case or maybe a few 9mm or 223 cases (was lucky the other day, guy was finishing shooting and when he left, he left me 60 new 5.56 cases laying on the ground).
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

People don't leave brass like they used to. Even people that don't reload...yet will pick it up and take it with them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

I would bet that case was fired in a 7.62x39 of some flavor.