I think the stockpiling is starting to slow down

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I think the stockpiling is starting to slow down

Post by Modoc ED »

Hobie wrote:Nobody hoards it but there are numerous regulations on extracting it that can be circumvented (and have been) by exploiting surface exposed seams. I wouldn't be surprised that this happens more and more as more limits are put on burning fuels while increasing prices for fuel oil and natural gas for heating.
There was a program on TV not long ago about poor people in Appalachia that showed one guy doing just what you said Hobie. He was picking it out of a bank alongside a highway and filling the trunk of his car.

As far as someone above saying that you couldn't possibly operate a mine without everyone knowing, that's just not so. There are many Mom & Pop (so-to-speak) mines along the Pitt River along with others over near Vya, NV and several other areas near here that are opeated without government knowledge.
ED
Yer never too old
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Modoc,
I used to be able to operate without anyone around, I used to be outside of town, the town has grown so much & so fast, I am now inside town.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Checked one of my favorite gun shops today, powder is starting to show up, got some Benchmark to try in my .204 another bottle of 3031 and a box of 500 .44 hard cast's SWC. The owner told he's getting 25,000 primers next week and to check in on Thursday. Bass Pro even had some powder, picked up a can of IMR4227. Definitely improving around here :mrgreen:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Glad to see this nondense coming to an end.
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

Stopped by a shop in Tacoma the other day and they had a good selection of rifle powders, including about a dozen cans of 748; only 2000 Federal small pistol primers, so I took them home! :mrgreen:

The Lacey Cabela's is still hurting for self defense ammo and .22, though, but guns are showing up more and more now.
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Qualified Tuesday. It was tough, the wind was blowing straight crosswind at about 30. The State instructor didn't have any 9mm(Sheriff) or 45(me) and says he still can't get any. He said he can now get 223 and 40S&W only in ball. They can get the frangible for the indoor range at the training center in 45 and 9mm but it's tight too.

A lot of the state detectives are issued a 380 and he hasn't been able to get any of that at all for over a year. He said the State is thinking of switching issue firearms because they can't get ammo for qualification. They also can't get any shotgun ammo in buck or slug so there was no qualifications for either available.

The Sheriff and I had to use our own ammo for pistol, I did bring my own this time (92%). I did burn their stuff for rifle (94%). I thought I did pretty well considering the wind. Couldn't make the grade with my Firestorm 45acp though. Between the double action first shot and the wind, I just couldn't quite make it. Shot 70% first time though but with the wind, didn't try another. I need more practice with it.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I thought it would take a whole lot longer for the shortages to ease up. I really didn't expect to see quantities of primers showing up for another six months. Now if only the prices were reasonable again...
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I can't find ANY projectiles for loading a .380, very few for 9mm, and I only found 4 boxes of JHP's in .451, last trip. Nothing else available, except for lead, and I cast my own. Anyone have a 90 gr. .380 mold they suggest?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1