Be Careful This Weekend

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Be Careful This Weekend

Post by Blaine »

Have a good one and remember why we have this fine holiday. All the drunks will be out and about (I remember my first beer :wink: ) so be careful.

I'm headed out on the scoot in a few and riding several hours south to Medford, Or and see if I can catch a salmon on the Rogue River....."talk" to ya Monday night.... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Be Careful This Weekend

Post by madman4570 »

Safe trip Blaine and hope you catch some BIGENS!!!! :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Be safe! Good reminder for us all!!!
KirbyAUS
Levergunner

Post by KirbyAUS »

Howdy Blaine,
my wife and I are currently on holidays in the USA.
Didn't check for public holidays, so the traffic is pretty overwhelming.
On Friday we left Seattle for Portland. Driving bumper to bumper on a 5 lane highway for about 50 miles before it thinned out was a shock!
Nothing to compare with back in Australia where we come from.
Good luck with the Salmon.

We have visited the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon NP's.
My heart ached at the beauty ...
From Vegas we flew to Seattle. We were hoping to see the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, but due to the public long weekend we found travel and acc. too hard. So now we are driving to Yosemite NP before leaving LA for home next Thursday.
I did want the trip to last a couple of months but I have to start chemotherapy in June.
We have both had a wonderfull time and everyone is so polite.
People say we talk funny :)
You are all truely blessed with a wonderfull land.

The only gun time I've managed was the almost mandatory Full Auto shoot in Vegas.
Seen plenty of wildlife such as Mule deer, Pronghorns, Prarie Dogs, chipmunks and squirrels. Saw 6 Condor at the GC NP.
Would love to see a Bear!

Sorry for the long type.

Kind regards,

Kirby.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Kirby:

I am glad that you are having a wonderful experience in the US. There are some truly remarkable sights to see. The funny thing about accents is that they vary across the US. Where you are most people pronounciate all of their words. If you were in New England you'ld hear an accent similar to the people in Somerset England. Even that can vary from state to state. In fact my fiance lives ten miles from my house. Her Rhode Island accent is distinguishable from my Massachusetts accent.

Don't feel too bad about sounding funny. I get the same responses when I am west of the Mississippi River.