OT-1911 Value?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

OT-1911 Value?

Post by Kansas Ed »

OK, a friend asked that I buy his deceased stepdads 1911 Bullseye pistol. He's in a situation where it needs to go, and he wants it to go to someone who will appreciate it, not just sell it to anyone. I think I know what it's worth, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask the brain trust here to give their opinions.

It's a 1945 Ithaca frame that's had the grip frame stippled front and rear, and has been quality reblued. It has a 6" Kart .22LR kit installed. The original slide and barrel are not with the gun, and have been lost or sold over the years (I know...too bad huh?). The finish is about 90%. The trigger is great. I called Kart barrels who used to make the kit in the 70's, and replacement parts are still available for things like the ejector and firing pin and other small parts.

So the question is, what would this thing go for on the open market like GB?

Any ideas here fellas?

Thanks,
Ed
Hobie

Re: OT-1911 Value?

Post by Hobie »

These aren't state of the art any longer. I might be way off but $600-700 tops.

You know, that Ithaca frame is just a frame now that it has been stippled. It has, however, contributed to the increased value of un-messed with WWII 1911A1 frames.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

When things get that modified there really is no established market price and not much market at all. A fellow will never get his money back on such a creature. It is worth what ever you would be willing to pay. Me.. that would be around $200 to $300 if I was interested in it, which I would not be.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Thanks, I was thinking about the $700 - $750 range would be generous.

Ed

BTW: It's really too bad that the original parts weren't there. But Hobie you hit the nail on the head when you said that it ups the values of complete ones. :lol:

Ed
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

IMO (which is iffy at best :oops: ) it has no value except what it is worth as a shooter to you.....200 bucks sounds about right. Maybe you can find some parts and return it to .45acp as well as the .22 conversion.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JMO - Without adding in the friend factor, I would calculate it thusly:

A NEW .22 conversion kit (Ceiner) = $250 (deduct 50% for used/Kart)

An altered 1911 frame, complete = $200

So, I would think it worth $325, absolute max, w/o a friend or falling-in-love factor. ;)