OT - Best holster for Ruger SP101

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

OT - Best holster for Ruger SP101

Post by salvo »

I know quite a few of you guys have a SP101, I'm looking for a nice concealable holster for mine, ant recommendations?
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Best holster for Ruger SP101

Post by Rusty »

Not a Ruger but my CCW is a S&W 640. I carry it in my pocket after I slip it into an Uncle Mike's IWB holster I picked up. I carry int he pocket because it's easy in our hot weather and I use the holster to keep crud out of the works.

Hope that helps.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I really like the Fobus 'pancake' for under an un-tucked shirt or coat. Works with Crimson Trace grips (most holsters do).

I have an old Bianchi 'Scorpion' shoulder holster designed for the S&W and Charters but some leather work and sewing made it useable for the SP101 (due to the under-barrel steel) and it is good under a loose T-shirt even.

The SP-101's seem rugged enough that you could use a 5-foot piece of parachute cord for a 'holster' and just drag them along behind you, reeling them in when needed...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

You would think there would be many to choose from at most gun-shops, I have given up and need to find one that I can just order, maybe an IWB in leather, I'll keep looking.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Bianchi has the pistol pocket, #3S, an IWB that I've used for the S&W M13. Interestingly, the same holster works for the Detective Special.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

salvo wrote:I know quite a few of you guys have a SP101, I'm looking for a nice concealable holster for mine, ant recommendations?

I ordered a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for my SP101 with 2 1/4" barrel. Don't have it yet but it looks simple and rugged. Cost plus shipping was $55.00

http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Thanks Hobie, that Bianchi pistol pocket is just what I was looking for, kinda a Summer Special for the SP101!

DBW I like Simply Rugged holsters, I noticed the Flap Jack, looks like a great hunting holster!
ScottS

-- Ronald Reagan
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

DBW wrote:I ordered a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for my SP101 with 2 1/4" barrel. Don't have it yet but it looks simple and rugged.
:lol:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had to have a Ruger SP101 in 327 Federal when they first came out ! So when I ordered the revolver I orderd a tan Bianchi Black Widow !

Cost $50 I think and works great .But then I kinda like a high ride holster .

I have a Galcoof the same style for my S&W 629 when it has it's 4" barrel .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Image Just noticed that my previous comment was somewhat redundant in verbage.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

Perhaps redundant, but it struck me as funny. :lol:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I also have a Simply Rugged holster for my 3" sp101. It has straps for IWB carry. The gun is held securely at a comfortable angle and close to the body. I will order more holsters from him.
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

My 3" rides in a Bianchi. Since AK allows for either ccw or open carry, I do not have to fret a 'flashing" charge should my shirt ride up and show the holster. I normally wear it strongside over the hip hollow but can carry in a high ride crossdraw with this holster (for those times I am trapped in the truck for days/weeks on end).

I have grown accustomed to hauling a small brick about on my person these last eight years now and have become quite fond of the little Ruger. Being able to hang it outside the waistband makes it a mite easier to drag along (although not as easy as five feet of parachute cord...hmmm :idea: )

Have a most blessed day.

Scotty
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
pahunter
Levergunner

Post by pahunter »

I also have the Simply Rugged holster for my 3" SP101. It's a great holster, very comfortable and well-made.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The manufacturer of my IWB for my SP101 is no longer in business (as far as I can tell) but my holster is a bare simple molded Kydex job with a tuckable belt clip.

I can wear it under a TUCKED polo (and under some (dark) T Shirts...)

(The back pocket is sagging a touch because there is an NAA Guardian in it as well... there are 3 guns and 36 rds of ammo in that picutre...)

FWIW, if you can hide a baby glock, you can hide an SP101. They is the same.

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I'll have to check out the Simply Rugged again, lots of good reviews, thank you!
ScottS

-- Ronald Reagan
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have the Simply Rugged with inside out straps for my 3" DS and it IS a good holster. But I should reiterate that the Bianchi #3S is of as good quality as my first one 20 years ago.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Our very own Hagler was nice enough to make me one for my 3" SP101 awhile back. It's the black one on the left and is a perfect fit. It is my main carry rig for this revolver. Thanks, again, Shawn!

Scott