OT Appology

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

OT Appology

Post by JReed »

So I finally got a chance to read the rest of the locked post.
If I offended I want to appologize. I in no way intended to ruffle any feathers. I have served with all the other branches and respect them for the jobs they do. I feel this is a case where the impersonal nature of the internet makes it hard for the original meaning and natural inflection used in speach to make it into what is typed. Especialy for my computer illiterate butt. I think I was more upset that my original intent didn't translate to the rest of you the way it did in my head. So if y'all can see fit to forgive my lack of verbal skills if we ever meet face to face I hope it is over a hot cup of coffee and spent BSing about guns.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT Appology

Post by Otto »

Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Don't have a dog in the fight at all and not sure who got their feelings hurt, if any.....but don't think you need to be apologizing to any of us. This is all the most natural thing in the world, like two brothers poking each other in the ribs in the back seat of the car. Each of us defends his own if we feel a little push...an honorable thing. Besides by wearing the uniform and doing the job you do, you have the right to strut and crow a little if you want! Thank YOU Jeremy and all of our fighting men here. God bless you fellas for what you do, and may He keep ya safe. Happy Easter!!!!!!!!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

No apology needed here. I'se a squid, dern proud of it! Know exactly what my military career consisted of... all 3years, 8 months, 29 days, 13 hours and 12 minutes of it! But who counted! I lost friends, made friends and am dern thankful of a lot of things I didn't appreciate before.

You're a jarhead... the few, the proud, the strong... "...still looking for a few good men..." was my favorite ad for the Marines. Someday they'll find 'em...

I'm sorry, guess I'm programmed to poke fun @ the Marines...!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And, just WHY did no one get around to insulting or harassing the National Guard of NJ or Iowa???
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:And, just WHY did no one get around to insulting or harassing the National Guard of NJ or Iowa???
We knew just how sensitive they are, and didn't want to incur their wrath!

NOT!!! :P :P

We'd never HEARD of 'em! Was somebody FAMOUS associated with either unit? :mrgreen: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: That was yesterday.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well JR, like the other Marines I know - you can't spell either.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

JReed wrote:So I finally got a chance to read the rest of the locked post.
If I offended I want to appologize. I in no way intended to ruffle any feathers. I have served with all the other branches and respect them for the jobs they do. I feel this is a case where the impersonal nature of the internet makes it hard for the original meaning and natural inflection used in speach to make it into what is typed. Especialy for my computer illiterate butt. I think I was more upset that my original intent didn't translate to the rest of you the way it did in my head. So if y'all can see fit to forgive my lack of verbal skills if we ever meet face to face I hope it is over a hot cup of coffee and spent BSing about guns.
Hey Jeremey, just sounded to me like a bunch of GI's ragging on each other just as things are supposed to be. Every branch instills esprit de corps and the believe that all other branches are their just for their amusement. Yet for they last couple of hundred years or so, the branches seem to somehow pull together when it counts. Heck, some of the best people I ever drank with were a bunch or jarheads, swabbies and ground pounders. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Now if anybody starts sing "Into the air junior birdman" were gonna have to talk. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Old Savage wrote:And, just WHY did no one get around to insulting or harassing the National Guard of NJ or Iowa???

Iowa has a National Guard? No this ones too easy, I won't go there. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Old Savage wrote:Well JR, like the other Marines I know - you can't spell either.
Hey thats what you get from the finest training the Gov has to offer. I can shoot long range, plot an 8 digit grid in my sleep, call for fire, direct aircraft, navigate cross country by terrain association and no compass, and disappear into the smallest piece of scrub. But that is the extent of my edumaction. :D
Last edited by JReed on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Speaking as someone that did not join the Armed Services (injuries from an auto accident) I just want to
say Thank You to all of you.

It's so easy to take things the wrong way on this silly internet.

A year or so a post of mine had taken on a kinda religoius tone and I'd said
somthing rather blunt to one the posters. Still regret that.

It was an interesting read by the way!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Frankly, I'm offended that you would lower yourself to apologize to these... people.

:wink:

*Joke Alert*

(It's sarcasm folks...)

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Jeremy,

No need for an apology from you or from those who have served who participated in that thread. Those that have been there, understand, and those that haven't can't. I am sure that no one walked away from that topic with ruffled feathers. Thank you for your service, and thank you for your participation on this forum. Semper Fi.

Blessings to all on this Easter Morning.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have no idea what you are talking about, Jeremy, but it is a huge sign of weakness to be sensitive to a little good natured ribbing about military service, regardless of the branch. I served over 40 yrs ago, but do not wear it on my sleeve. Ancient history and long forgotten. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hey thats what you get from the finest training the Gov has to offer. I can shoot long range, plot an 8 digit grid in my sleep, call for fire, direct aircraft, navigate cross country by terrain association and no compass, and disappear into the smallest piece of scrub. But that is the extent of my edumaction. :D
Settle down there troop. :D I am sure you are good at what you do. One p in apology.

By the way, if you had convoyed your young *** and the young lads out here for the Southern Cal shoot out we could have had a boost in the "esprit de corps" - enjoyed the pics in your album.

Now, the National Guard with their participation in the hostilities abroad has made it much harder to enjoy the old jabs at the guard as they have been so heavily involved in other than our traditional duties of defending Minnesota, Wisconsin and New York from the likes of KirkD trying incursions into the US undoubtedly to seek out old tube fed armament.

morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

rjohns94 wrote:Jeremy,

No need for an apology from you or from those who have served who participated in that thread. Those that have been there, understand, and those that haven't can't. I am sure that no one walked away from that topic with ruffled feathers. Thank you for your service, and thank you for your participation on this forum. Semper Fi.

Blessings to all on this Easter Morning.
+1. Ever since there have been soldiers, they have always goated each other over which branch is better than the other. I had and still have the upmost respect for those who served no matter what they did or where they were. If anybody was offended, that is because they don't understand the joke that many of us used to build confidence in others, kinda something to pass the time and to build honor and unity amongst our units.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Jeremy, it's a done deal. I wouldn't spend any more time thinking about it.

Griff, speaking as a Marine, thanks for the ride. I'll see about a tip. Oh, here's one, when you're walking through a bulkhead door, duck. :mrgreen: Squids.....sheesh :lol:
Old Law Dawg
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JReed wrote:[ Hey thats what you get from the finest training the Gov has to offer. I can shoot long range, plot an 8 digit grid in my sleep, call for fire, direct aircraft, navigate cross country by terrain association and no compass, and disappear into the smallest piece of scrub. But that is the extent of my edumaction. :D
Well, at least you got all the important basics. :D Everything else is just fluff. :shock:
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

No offense taken. 20yrs Army just makes me more apt to enjoy a good argument, especially when it involves JARHEADS! Appoligize for any that I may have offended as well.

HAPPY EASTER!

Wont see me on much today, spending time with family.

God bless you all!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The only problem I've seen with Marines, is having to re-train them after a 3 Day Pass :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

BlaineG wrote:The only problem I've seen with Marines, is having to re-train them after a 3 Day Pass :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: You have to get us sober first.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Otto wrote:Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.
+1 :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "