Montana to challenge federal control

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Montana to challenge federal control

Post by Naphtali »

Montana set to challenge federal gun controls.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2009 ... s/br51.txt
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Montana to challenge federal control

Post by Bridger »

Good for them!
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

God bless 'em and good luck to all concerned.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

SmokeEater2 wrote:God bless 'em and good luck to all concerned.
Bridger wrote:
Good for them!
+1
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sock it to 'em boys!
NRA Life Member
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I had an e-mail with links concerning 1/2 doz states that are sueing for "soverenty" or something along that line. The same thing, the federal government has no jurisdiction.

http://www.taxtruth4u.com/eight%20states.html

Good news all around.....

LK
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

L_Kilkenny wrote:I had an e-mail with links concerning 1/2 doz states that are sueing for "soverenty" or something along that line. The same thing, the federal government has no jurisdiction.
Good for Montana. Too bad they are only viewing those with a "Made in Montana" sticker. As for the states suing the central government, I find it ironic since the central government is the child of the States. As such, the States have the right to discipline and rein in their misguided creation. In Oklahoma, state senator Randy Brogdon is at the forefront of doing this. He's pushing hard with the 10th Amendment. He's considering a run for Oklahoma governor: http://www.randybrogdon.com/biography.html ... which has prompted me to contact him to encourage him to do this as well as having contributed financially to his campaign.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Outstanding. Now if more states would follow suit I would feel better about where this country is going.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

all this talk about state's rights is good .... but don't forget a fundamental focus of the Civil War: Lincoln decided the Union was more important than state's rights. That is, when the southern states wanted to secede from the Union, Lincoln said, "no." And we know that bloody history.

Part and parcel of the history of this country has been a struggle between state's rights and the United States. No easy answer. Jefferson was all for state's rights, other founding fathers weren't so sure.

It is easy to say, Go Montana, for their commercial product. I hope they prevail.

But these other states suing for sovereignty ?? That got hashed out during the Civil War ..... to the happiness of the north and hatred of the south. There is only "legal precedent" ..... and the willingness of the vanquished to toe the line.

bottom line; the lawyers are going to get richer while all this is hashed out. Some will win, others will lose ..... the winners will be happy, the losers won't .....

Cheers,

Carl
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

JReed wrote:Outstanding. Now if more states would follow suit I would feel better about where this country is going.
Amen!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mklwhite wrote:
JReed wrote:Outstanding. Now if more states would follow suit I would feel better about where this country is going.
Amen!
And another!!!
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

new pig hunter wrote:all this talk about state's rights is good .... but don't forget a fundamental focus of the Civil War: Lincoln decided the Union was more important than state's rights. That is, when the southern states wanted to secede from the Union, Lincoln said, "no." And we know that bloody history.

Part and parcel of the history of this country has been a struggle between state's rights and the United States. No easy answer. Jefferson was all for state's rights, other founding fathers weren't so sure.

It is easy to say, Go Montana, for their commercial product. I hope they prevail.

But these other states suing for sovereignty ?? That got hashed out during the Civil War ..... to the happiness of the north and hatred of the south. There is only "legal precedent" ..... and the willingness of the vanquished to toe the line.

bottom line; the lawyers are going to get richer while all this is hashed out. Some will win, others will lose ..... the winners will be happy, the losers won't .....

Cheers,

Carl
Since the sovereign states created the central government and the entire Constitution is a text of limits on the central government as well as being reaffirmed by the 9th & 10th Amendments... logic would dictate that the founders were very certain as to the role of the central government. It was to be subservient to the states and the people. Lincoln trashed the Constitution and since the victor of war writes the history books, he is made to be a hero when in my opinion he was a traitor.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

DBW wrote: Since the sovereign states created the central government and the entire Constitution is a text of limits on the central government as well as being reaffirmed by the 9th & 10th Amendments... logic would dictate that the founders were very certain as to the role of the central government. It was to be subservient to the states and the people. Lincoln trashed the Constitution and since the victor of war writes the history books, he is made to be a hero when in my opinion he was a traitor.
I have never understood why Lincoln is held in such high regard. He is given credit for things he didn't do, and his administration was the first major shift toward centralization of power and constriction of personal liberty.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Otto wrote: I have never understood why Lincoln is held in such high regard. He is given credit for things he didn't do, and his administration was the first major shift toward centralization of power and constriction of personal liberty.
The victor of war always writes the history books.