Hate to do this, but............

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Hate to do this, but............

Post by Streetstar »

Right on the heel;s of trying to redeem myself by posting a pic of my 1894, --- well. Hope this one doesn't get me kicked off the boards. :shock: :o
The local gun range just got a few of these from DPMS and were selling them at list price (not list price plus 20%) --- i had been kicking around the idea of building my own, but the backlog for parts for these things makes it a PIA, plus since this thing was at the "right price" -- its hard to justify building one if saving coin is the only consideration

Sorry, fellow levergunners :lol:

----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Hate to do this, but............

Post by Blaine »

Doesn't that pistol grip make it dangerous?? :o

(nice shooter, Bud...) :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

You'll be very pleased if it shoots anything like my DPMS.
NRA Life Member
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Whew !! It doesn't appear to have one of those WMD, evil, bayonet lugs!

Paul

(I've got two, they're really fun to shoot!)
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Where's the sights?

Don
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Nazgul wrote:Where's the sights?

Don
Duh, you don't need sights, cuz you're supposed to spray from the hip.

Rookie!
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

That looks like a nice rig. Who sells red shell vibrators? Mine is a blue one - a "Frankford Case Tumbler." I got it at a great price, too!

By the way - what's that funny looking black thing sitting on the front of the table?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's about what I'm building for my "militia" rifle. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

don't appolagize. i love the winchester bigbore levers as much as anything. but, when it comes to a bad situation, an m4, full auto , beats them hands down.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Don
I wanted an "optics only" rifle --- deleting the front sight lets the scope be mounted a bit lower, ---- mine is about as plain wrap as you can get , i will never mount a grenade launcher, so i didnt need the M4 barrell grooves, and when they shave all the excess metal, it actually makes for a trim, lightweight little rifle (until a fully stuffed 30 rounder is slammed home)

only real prob is small rifle primers are the hardest to get now. I have a case of 223, but after i loaded 9 (yes, 9) :shock: 30 round mags ..... :oops: ouch my thumbs ------ i realized how little 1000 rounds is for a rifle that likes 'em 30 at a time
----- Doug
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Well Street... I pretty much did the same thing 2 Christmases ago... but after getting incredibly bored with my M4gery I sold it.

I just don't do enough coyote hunting to justify having a "combat/varmint-only" caliber like the .223, and certainly didn't have the money for a non-spec upper.

If I REALLY need a MBR I'll use one of my other guns to aquire one from a Mall Ninja.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bought my Colt Sporter Lightweight just before the '93 ban.
Was $655.00 at the time.
Ain't partin' with it anytiime soon.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

2ndovc wrote:Ain't partin' with it anytiime soon.

jb 8)
Dat iss vott YOO teenk, Komrad!!

EDIT Saaaay, what is that extra little pin above the selector? You say you bought it in 1993, for 665 bucks?
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nothing wrong with thinking ahead - or appreciating diversity in your choice of firearms! 8)
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

JohndeFresno wrote:That looks like a nice rig. Who sells red shell vibrators? Mine is a blue one - a "Frankford Case Tumbler." I got it at a great price, too!

By the way - what's that funny looking black thing sitting on the front of the table?
My sentiments exactly....who sells red shell tumblers? Saying it is a vibrator made me kinda had to catch my tongue.

Is that black thingie some kind of crutch?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I could never get the lever to go back and forth on those, it kept coming off and cartridges fell out of it...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Well, they haven't kicked me off... YET.

Congrats on your new purchase. Now get out there and give us a range report! :wink:
DSC00419.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

NICE
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
OOOOHHHHHHH They are all black !!!! You bunch of shady people. 30 days and I can wrap my mits around my M1A and lock a 20 round magazine of 7.62x51.
But I still have my 41 mag Marlin laying next to my bed each night up NORTH there.
Miie in Peru God Bless ya´ll
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Old Time Hunter wrote:
JohndeFresno wrote:That looks like a nice rig. Who sells red shell vibrators? Mine is a blue one - a "Frankford Case Tumbler." I got it at a great price, too!

My sentiments exactly....who sells red shell tumblers? Saying it is a vibrator made me kinda had to catch my tongue.

Is that black thingie some kind of crutch?
you guys are funny --- but the red shell tumbler is a Hornady, if you are trying to introduce some spring colors to the garage. I had a white one, but i could only use it after labor day, so it had to go
----- Doug
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Streetstar wrote:

Don
I wanted an "optics only" rifle --- deleting the front sight lets the scope be mounted a bit lower, ---- mine is about as plain wrap as you can get , i will never mount a grenade launcher, so i didnt need the M4 barrell grooves, and when they shave all the excess metal, it actually makes for a trim, lightweight little rifle (until a fully stuffed 30 rounder is slammed home)

only real prob is small rifle primers are the hardest to get now. I have a case of 223, but after i loaded 9 (yes, 9) :shock: 30 round mags ..... :oops: ouch my thumbs ------ i realized how little 1000 rounds is for a rifle that likes 'em 30 at a time
I have built a few of these, IMHO the DPMS is as good as any of them.

You probably won't be able to mount the scope as low as you like, the cheek weld on the stock limits how low you can go. I am running one of the Weaver Extreme scopes from Natchez (1.5-4.5x illuminated reticle) in a Larue one piece mount on my M4 clone.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

tman wrote:don't appolagize. i love the winchester bigbore levers as much as anything. but, when it comes to a bad situation, an m4, full auto , beats them hands down.
When things get to the point of wanting one of these critters I'll be acquiring mine from some misguided trooper intent on obeying an unconstitutional order as they move to round us all up for re-education camps. No sense spending my money when uncle stalin has plenty.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"