348 Back in Stock

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

348 Back in Stock

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I've noticed that many distributors seem to have 348 Winchester back in stock again. Looks like that "seasonal run" that Winchester makes every 10 years or so finally made it to the top of the list recently. They certainly are proud of it at about $58 a box of 20. I think that's only about twice what it cost the last time it was available. :roll:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Re: 348 Back in Stock

Post by dr walker »

Yikes, that is expensive.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Cheap compared to .218 Bee. $65 or more.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Hey, It costs a lot to micro-etch every buyer's SS# into the base of every bullet. ;) :mrgreen: :(
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

i bought 54 rounds of it at the gunshow on sunday. paid $87 total, and considered myself lucky. :( :cry:
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

ammo costs are becoming the number one cause of developing a "flinch" :lol:
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
El Guapo
Levergunner

Post by El Guapo »

One more reason to reload for this great old cartridge. My advice is to stock up on brass and several boxes of Hornady 200 gr. jacketed bullets, but have your everyday fun with cast bullets. I acquired a Rapine 250 gr. mold several years back and am not too happy with how deep I have to seat the bullet to get correct overall cartridge length for proper functioning. The NEI 225 gr. mold is just about right. Winchester 71's don't have much throat and even a bullet with the wrong ogive will prevent a loaded round from chambering.
I didn't follow my own advice some years back and now am about out of the 200 gr. .33 Winchester bullet that Hornady used to make. I shot a nice black bear north of Spokane with that Model 86, but that is another story. "What'd you say that rifle is?", the guide said when the poleaxed bear came tumbling out of the tree.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

That's the reason the Browning M71 I'm selling includes 680 cases, bullets, reloading dies -- decades of insulation from ammunition problems.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

NO lead will ever see the bore of my 71, but I'm sure happy that a lifetime supply of factory ammo (400 rds)came with it, along with all the reloading stuff a hunter could want. Soon, though, lead will be a thing of the past, and we will all be shooting CU bullets. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

WHOOOOOEEEE!
I'm glad I bought 2 CASES year before last for $640 shipped.
HA!

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Yeah, I bought several cases back in '98 I believe for about $220 a piece shipped. I still haven't dug into them. The best case (200 rnds) price I've seen on this new stuff so far is $545 each plus shipping. That's just nuts. I'm sure people will pay it though.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I bought quite a few boxes for 18.95 back in the middle 80's, then found 6 boxes 2 years ago for 20 and change. Must have 30 boxes now, should kill at least one deer before I'm out. 58 a box, UGH!!
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life