Rabbits and robins

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Rabbits and robins

Post by crs »

After a dinner of grilled pronghorn tenderloin, Sante Fe rice, salad, and Merlot wine, I took a glass of wine and a Santiago Churchill out on the patio to relax and enjoy the evening. It was just after sunset here in Dallas and several robins were hopping around the yard eating the purple berries dropped from the tall Japanese lugustrum hedge. Spring must really have arrived in North Texas. Just before dark, a couple of cottontails rabbits joined the robins for a while. Our old Corgis paid attention to the bunnies for a while, but they had just been fed and were to lazy to give chase. Occasional ducks zipped over as they headed for a nearby lake. As it grew dark, the robins went to roost, but the rabbits were still feeding when I finished my cigar and came in. Very pleasant and relaxing evening and I hope all yours was too. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Rabbits and robins

Post by iceman »

Sounds like a very pleasent evening. We still have lots of snow up here, but it is melting. Temperatures are above freezing during the day and the maple sap is starting to run. I saw 7 or 8 deer munching on the south side of some hills where the snow has already melted away. Spring can't get here too soon for me.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Iceman;
I have a new customer up in Manitoba and last Friday the temperature there finally rose to freezing. They have had a long and cold winter and will likely celebrate the first robins when they arrive. :)
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Spring is on the way here also. It got up to 60 today so I spent the afternoon sitting on the deck with a can of laquer thiner stipping the Soviet varnish and cosmoline off of my Mosin while the boys played ball with the dog out in the yard. :)
Didn't see any rabbits but the robins are back and the tree frogs have been singing all week.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I had salmon, hush puppies, fried potatoes, and baked beans. Washed it all down with a chilled bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper and then relaxed with a fresh pinch of Copenhagen. :D
Ricky

DWWC
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Went outside this morning just at first light. The birds waking up, the temp about 55, and the smell of the air was just perfect. I closed my eyes and thought for a moment I could have been in the turkey woods. Yep, I believe spring is here but still a month till turkey season.
NRA Life Member
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

CRS Manitoba is known for their winters. We call Winnipeg Winterpeg. They may be anxious for spring, but maybe not the flooding they usually get when all the snow melts.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Ricky;
Go check your email for the Honey Creek Rules. :P
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Sounds mighty good and peaceful!!!

Almost every year in very late Feb or very early March the ROBINS return in number to our orchard and go to town eating the mushy, decaying apples that were left on the trees last harvest. Always cheers me up to see them come back! Won't be long, the kids will be bringing buttercups into old grandma, my soon to be 89 year old mom. Saw the first groundhog of the year a couple of days ago. Let them have that first batch of babies so we can have a fun summer!

Geoff
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Great way to end the day.....
except for the Merlot wine....yuk! :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

It is getting warmer here too, taking three of the grandkids on a hike thro' the bush in an hour, they are pretty excited about going on another "nature walk" with Papa :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Yep, it's warming up here too. It was a balmy 22º this morning but should get up into the high 40s this afternoon. Some deer came through the property yesterday and we have Jack Rabbits most all the time. We've got a couple of families of Canadian Geese down by the creek and they should be ushering their hatchlings around soon.

It's nice to take time out and sit on the porch or patio or even in the grass and relax.
ED
Yer never too old
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good to hear you crs, yep spring is a coming over here too. Bird song every where, rabbits everywhere. Before it went dark I was fiddling with my bike and two cock chaffinch just miss me in real good scrap crash landing in a shrub still fighting, bound to be over a woman! :roll:

God bless,

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!