An itch I had to scratch !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

An itch I had to scratch !

Post by Jacko »

I have lusted after a Lever Action for a little while now so I bought a .357 mag Rossi with a 25" octagonal barrel a couple of months ago - absolutly love the thing , always dragging it out of the gunsafe and admiring it and it shoots real straight - will be a top hunting rifle , thought that would be the end of it but a seed had been planted . I'm sure you folks know where this is heading - I dropped a deposit on a gorgeous little Browning BL22 . Slick action , beautifull figure in the woodwork , that short lever throw has me wondering just how quick can I cycle it , nice balance . The Rossi's a ripper but this Browning is real quality . Unfortunatly gotta wait a few more weeks till its home - guess this is where I learn patience again !
024100m[1].jpg
regards Jacko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Engineer
Levergunner

Re: An itch I had to scratch !

Post by Engineer »

Jacko wrote:... I dropped a deposit on a gorgeous little Browning BL22 . Slick action , beautifull figure in the woodwork , that short lever throw has me wondering just how quick can I cycle it , nice balance . The Rossi's a ripper but this Browning is real quality . Unfortunatly gotta wait a few more weeks till its home - guess this is where I learn patience again !
024100m[1].jpg
regards Jacko
Mate, the BL22 is a fine rifle. Very slick and very smooth. Probably the fastest LA 22 on the market. The trigger and lever being one unit and having a short throw, adds to the fast shootability of this rifle. You will enjoy it.

Terry
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

You're in trouble now, the bug has bit :D :D :D
You will enjoy that BL22 when it arrives :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Borregos wrote:You're in trouble now, the bug has bit :D :D :D
+1 Hang around here long enough and that number is really going to grow!!! :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sweet! Those little Brownings are nice.
NRA Life Member
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Looks like you got LEVERITUS
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

May as well buy another gun safe now, so you have room for all the 'family' you will be adding... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Tonight I assured my wife I've bought my last rifle [ Yeh right :wink: ] , unless of coarse an opportunity to go Asiatic buffalo hunting comes along 8) - then of coarse I will need a 45.70 :D - no mistaking the look I got . There is only so many times "Gotta have the right tool will work" :(

regards Jacko
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Jacko wrote: . . . that short lever throw has me wondering just how quick can I cycle it . . .
Based on my experience, pretty darned fast. It will surprise you, with practice. Kinda like watching those CASS shooters.

Congrats on the acquisition of a fine rimfire lever!

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Like a guy once said: "For twenty years I only had one lever gun, now---in one year, I have 20 lever guns". There's no pill for this, just live with the disease my friend.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tell her to pay up the life insurance if you are going to go after the buff with the 357.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I'm not a rich man either, so i cant accrue them very fast, but i started with my Dad's Win. 94 when he passed on, I soon added a .22 Henry, a .45-70 Marlin (which was burned in a fire), a SA Blackhawk in .45 LC (not a lever, but a real fun gun with a 19th century flair), and just added another 45-70 to replace my damaged one. Currently trying to find a "cheap" 1895.

I don't think the disease is curable. I have an AR-15 and a whole passel of decent bolt rifles that , if they could talk, would be saying, "What did i do to deserve this?" :lol: Some of them may even get sold off to finance more lever and traditional style guns, as i am also lusting after a "Quigley" rifle
----- Doug
Bang
Levergunner

Post by Bang »

Old Savage wrote:Tell her to pay up the life insurance if you are going to go after the buff with the 357.
yep - I used a 375H&H at 15' front on into the heart and the buff still managed to run 20feet.
Next time I used a Ruger Mk1 .416rigby it stove piped after the first shot I was so far up a tree with the .44mag Ruger the buff only managed 2 steps - I sold rotten rifle before i got back home.
Now i am after a .405 or maybe a new fangled lever cartridge

I can't even think of a good spot shoot a buff with an eenie weenie .357bullet.
I wish to die like my grandmother - peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in her car !

Is there a 21st Century lever action?
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Fella's I was at a SCI show last weekend and spotted a Chapius double rifle in .375 H & H , XXXXXX grade timber , beautifully carved and checkered , engraved and silver inlaid receiver the whole deal , believe me I stood there for 20 minutes doing the math how many years it would add to my home loan and if my kids would mind taking over the mortgage . I can truthfully tell the missus when I do get a stablemate for the Rossi and the Browning that a 45.70 lever rifle will actually save us money :D .

regards Jacko
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

My dad has had a BL-22 for over 30 years. It has had, conservatively, 20,000 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Great little lever .22...congratulations!
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis