WHAT !!!!!! No primers................

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

WHAT !!!!!! No primers................

Post by Boreman »

I am in Michigan visiting Grandkids and it has been Snowing hard since 7:00 AM so I went to my favorite gun shop in K-Zoo called ON TARGET yesterday to stock up some items,mainly primers and bullets. I am a CCI user for 99% of my reloading. This is a BIg gun shop. No CCI primers of any kind. Almost zero primers of any kind.They informed me they could not get them.I called acouple of other shops,same answer,none. I checked Midwayusa.None and they won't accept BO.Southern Shooters supply,none. It appears the primer supply is getting very serious. I am going to stop a Cabela's in Dundee,MI on the way home on Tues. I hope they have primers,who know's ????? Is anyone else having trouble getting primers or know of a supply for sale ??????????????????
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WHAT !!!!!! No primers................

Post by C. Cash »

Pretty much the case in my neck of the woods too. Local Wally is out in bulk. My local gunshop reports having them on their website but the prices :shock: .....it looks more like price gouging than anything else. The price of everything is so outrageous that it might as well not be there, if you can find it.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Don't know whats going on as we discussed this in another thread. I have two dealer buddies, (one is the biggest in Pa.) and they tell me the distributors tell them primers AND powder are near to non-existent. Hopefully, its just a panic buying thing, unhopefully, its an order from the feds to the manufacturers to slow down or eliminate sale and manuf. of reloading supplies.

Its most likely a panic buying thing as manufacturers will not increase production to meet demand. They make the primers and sell what they have--first come, first serve.

I never panic when these things happen---thats why I only bought 30,000 last night to add to the 20,000 I already had :D :D ----------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

I just got back from Amarillo gun show and they were selling Winchester primers for $30 per 1000. He had cases under his table. Naturally, even though I didn't need any, I bought a few bricks but he had plenty more. Another dealer had them for $24 per 1000 but he only brought a case and they sold within the first hour.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Sixgun wrote:Don't know whats going on as we discussed this in another thread. I have two dealer buddies, (one is the biggest in Pa.) and they tell me the distributors tell them primers AND powder are near to non-existent. Hopefully, its just a panic buying thing, unhopefully, its an order from the feds to the manufacturers to slow down or eliminate sale and manuf. of reloading supplies.

Its most likely a panic buying thing as manufacturers will not increase production to meet demand. They make the primers and sell what they have--first come, first serve.

I never panic when these things happen---thats why I only bought 30,000 last night to add to the 20,000 I already had :D :D ----------------------------Sixgun
Thats where they all went!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I've been wondering for sometime if the government wasn't behind the reduced availability of reloading supplies.
AQHA Life Member
Driftwood Johnson
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Driftwood Johnson »

Howdy

ALL ammo and components are hard to find now. So are a lot of types of guns. It is panic buying and hoarding. And it does not help much when somebody who already has 20,000 primers on hand decides to buy another 30,000. That's called hoarding and it means that there is less to go around for everybody else. This is exactly the same thing that happened a few years ago when nobody could get ahold of Federal primers. As soon as the word got out that they were in short supply, guys started snapping up everything they could find, and there were none left for anybody else. For Pete's sake, if you need 1,000 primers, just buy 1,000. Don't make the situation worse for everybody else.
I don't know where we're going but there's no sense being late.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I think the news and radio have a lot to do with this panic buying. I must say that even I am in more of a hoarding mood than usual, and usually all I hoard is car parts :D . With the regular talk on Fox radio about armed revolution in the US triggered by the economic crisis, and the imminent fall of the Mexican Government with a flood of drug lord violence, and probable riots in the streets of major US cities within the year, people are trying to get what they can. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Ed
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

If I would have the funds for an extra 30K primers, I would have bought them also.

TomF
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Went to the "Dixie Gun & Knife Show" in Charlotte yesterday. In 15 years of gun shows in the Charlotte area I have never seen one this packed. I got there an hour after it started and still waited in line over a half an hour just to get in. All the while I watched people with handcarts full of cases of ammo and/or primers walking out the door. By the time I got in and around most of the stuff was wiped out. You could practically smell the fear in the room. Did find one table with some CCI Magnum Rifle primers left - and they wanted your first born for them (Y2K was getting nervous! :wink: ).

Fellas, we all know what's coming down the pike - and apparently the rest of the population does as well. We are just one sensational mass shooting away from becoming England and/or Australia... :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Driftwood Johnson wrote:Howdy
And it does not help much when somebody who already has 20,000 primers on hand decides to buy another 30,000. That's called hoarding and it means that there is less to go around for everybody else. This is exactly the same thing that happened a few years ago when nobody could get ahold of Federal primers. As soon as the word got out that they were in short supply, guys started snapping up everything they could find, and there were none left for anybody else. For Pete's sake, if you need 1,000 primers, just buy 1,000.
My my, First, I want to keep this civil and in no way getting defensive. I am just explaining why I think there is a REAL emergency out there.

#1) I was a Boy Scout and have always lived by
the adage, "Be Prepared"

#2.) I have lived 54 years on the East Coast. I know
how the two legged animals in this area can
take your life and think nothing of it.

#3.) Its a fact this great nation is in deep perils--in
fact, the deepest since the Depression, and
probably long before that. This country is
collasping as I write this.

#4.) Unlike the Depression Era, when most people
were self reliant, the vast majority of people
today are 99% reliant on "civilization",
especially the inner cities.

#5.) There's too many people in this world to feed--

#6.) There's a microb waiting to take out 1/3 of
of the world's population. (read--bird flu)

#7.) We are the last nation on Earth to have the
gun rights freedoms we have.

#8) Obama does not run this country, nor does the
United States run the world---the CFR does.

#9) The "Movers and Shakers" of the world NEED
to disarm the Americans--they will start slow.

#10) The "Movers and Shakers" of the world NEED
a reason to institute martial law so they can
disarm us (read--"control")

#11.) This entire fiasco has been orchestrated by
the Movers and Shakers starting in the
sixties, just like every war has been started
every 20 or 30 years to reduce the
population for the last two hundred years.

#12.) Well meaning friends I know say, "I'm not
worrying about nothin', I'll just go out and
get my food by hunting."-----------Well, that
makes zero sense because everyone else is
thinking the same thing-------the deer will
be depleted and the well meaning hunters
will be shot dead by other desperate people

#13.) Most likely, even the best prepared will be
taken out sooner or later. (I prefer "later")

#14.) My mother was born and raised in Nazi
Germany. She used to tell me what "men"
or your "protectors" (read-government)
were capable of doing.

#15.) YOU SNOOZE-------YOU LOSE

#16.) Read your Bible----------------Sixgun

Redhawk1
Levergunner

Post by Redhawk1 »

Sixgun, I have to agree. I have about 10,000 or more primers myself. I buy them when I can. I reload and shoot a lot.
I buy them because I can.

I like your list also. :wink:
If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
Life Member of the NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Redhawk1 wrote:Sixgun, I have to agree. I have about 10,000 or more primers myself. I buy them when I can. I reload and shoot a lot.
I buy them because I can.

I like your list also. :wink:
Redhawk,
Thanks pard. :D
Well, gotta go now. I'm headed up to the gunclub to make sure the old 1894 in 38-55 is shooting "on" for the next match. I'm also bringing my Russian SKS with extra mags to make sure she's "on" too. I'm just not sure which one I'm gonna need first. :( ---------------Sixgun

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sixgun wrote:
Driftwood Johnson wrote:Howdy
And it does not help much when somebody who already has 20,000 primers on hand decides to buy another 30,000. That's called hoarding and it means that there is less to go around for everybody else. This is exactly the same thing that happened a few years ago when nobody could get ahold of Federal primers. As soon as the word got out that they were in short supply, guys started snapping up everything they could find, and there were none left for anybody else. For Pete's sake, if you need 1,000 primers, just buy 1,000.
My my, First, I want to keep this civil and in no way getting defensive. I am just explaining why I think there is a REAL emergency out there.

#1) I was a Boy Scout and have always lived by
the adage, "Be Prepared"

#2.) I have lived 54 years on the East Coast. I know
how the two legged animals in this area can
take your life and think nothing of it.

#3.) Its a fact this great nation is in deep perils--in
fact, the deepest since the Depression, and
probably long before that. This country is
collasping as I write this.

#4.) Unlike the Depression Era, when most people
were self reliant, the vast majority of people
today are 99% reliant on "civilization",
especially the inner cities.

#5.) There's too many people in this world to feed--

#6.) There's a microb waiting to take out 1/3 of
of the world's population. (read--bird flu)

#7.) We are the last nation on Earth to have the
gun rights freedoms we have.

#8) Obama does not run this country, nor does the
United States run the world---the CFR does.

#9) The "Movers and Shakers" of the world NEED
to disarm the Americans--they will start slow.

#10) The "Movers and Shakers" of the world NEED
a reason to institute martial law so they can
disarm us (read--"control")

#11.) This entire fiasco has been orchestrated by
the Movers and Shakers starting in the
sixties, just like every war has been started
every 20 or 30 years to reduce the
population for the last two hundred years.

#12.) Well meaning friends I know say, "I'm not
worrying about nothin', I'll just go out and
get my food by hunting."-----------Well, that
makes zero sense because everyone else is
thinking the same thing-------the deer will
be depleted and the well meaning hunters
will be shot dead by other desperate people

#13.) Most likely, even the best prepared will be
taken out sooner or later. (I prefer "later")

#14.) My mother was born and raised in Nazi
Germany. She used to tell me what "men"
or your "protectors" (read-government)
were capable of doing.

#15.) YOU SNOOZE-------YOU LOSE

#16.) Read your Bible----------------Sixgun

Yep. Gotta get me some more primers too.
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

In January 2008 I said to start accumulating ammo and reloading components. I did, why didn't you? :wink: Most folks did wait until November 5th (although some started in October when the writing was on the wall). There has even been an article in a widely read gun mag concerning the viability of using ammo as trade goods. JimT made a good point about Mel Tappan, but if you're right with God, it doesn't hurt to put some stuff back for his children.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I've been preaching loaded ammo and reloading components for trade goods for a long time. There'll come a day when 1000 primers will be worth far more than a rifle, a months supply of food, fuel, etc..
ED
Yer never too old
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

...or we can buy primers at yard sales next year for 1/2 price.
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

cowboykell wrote:...or we can buy primers at yard sales next year for 1/2 price.
Yea, that was good. :D But................not in my case-I usually run through 8-10K a year. Also, primer life is longer than our lives---if stored properly. Primers are a realatively cheap purchase so its not as if you have to hock a nice Winchester to buy a mess of 'em. I paid $125 for each 5000 case or in other words, about what I (for 30K) pay every three months for stinkin car insurance.-------------------------Sixgun

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If things turn to a bucket of ...um, roses, I can do pretty good for what I need to survive. I need a few jugs of BlueDot and some H4198 and a bit of IMR 3031 and I can get by pretty fair.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Redhawk1
Levergunner

Post by Redhawk1 »

cowboykell wrote:...or we can buy primers at yard sales next year for 1/2 price.

You must not shoot much, I will use all my primers up.... There are those of us that shoot, and those that talk about it... :twisted:
Life Member of the NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

There'll come a day when 1000 primers will be worth far more than a rifle, a months supply of food, fuel, etc..
A lot of people thought the same thing about oil and the housing market. :lol:

I'm certain that if primers reach that kind of value, private firearm/ammo ownership will have already been banned (as well as components).

Plus, I'm sure I will have already figured out a way of using unfired 22lr cases as primers for most of my pistol cartridges. :mrgreen:

That reminds me... "Stock up on 22lr" :lol:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, this thread made me go out and inventory my primer stock.... that and the bullets I've been kind of avoiding specifically looking at... I now I have a bunch as long as I'm not picky about the caliber, I'll be shooting for a long time. Not to mention being able to cast bullets - that reminds me, gotta check the gas check inventory... :roll:

Anyway, I've got about 13K primers - but down to "only" 2000 large pistol.... and with 4000 small pistol being the most of any one kind....

Thougt I was doing OK until I looked at sixgun's reply :shock: :lol:

I could use a few more boxes though....

And regarding the comment about the government being behind this - -they most certainly are! But not in any planned way :D I am sure that the last thing they want is for people to go out and buy guns and ammo and mags and then start talking about tea parties :lol: :lol: (you guys saw that MSNBC Rick Santelli video didn't you? He was spot on!)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

Went to Natchez to buy no. 11 percussion caps. 37.95 per hundred. Thats just obscene. :oops: :o
Mustang 22
Levergunner

Post by Mustang 22 »

I saw exactly the same thing at a western Washington gun show this weekend. Plenty of primers at $30.00 a box of 1K. The crowds were large and they were buying ammo as fast as they could haul it away. I could smell it too.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Sixgun has got it right :!: :!: :!:

Also if you shoot a lot you need a lot of primers.

Like O.S.O.K. this thread got me to check my primer stock, got around 21,000, so must get some more :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Mustang 22 wrote:I saw exactly the same thing at a western Washington gun show this weekend. Plenty of primers at $30.00 a box of 1K. The crowds were large and they were buying ammo as fast as they could haul it away. I could smell it too.
I personally would like to know if the hordes of folks coming out of the woodwork to stock up on arms and ammo actually voted in the Election. Many of these folks probably even voted for the nimrods which will now joyously pass anti-second ammendment laws restricting our rights. Bad as "our" options were, it was at least better than voting for the folks who brazenly try to take guns away from law abiding citizens. Forgive me for "going political" but had to say that, and will say nothing more.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jp wrote:Went to Natchez to buy no. 11 percussion caps. 37.95 per hundred. Thats just obscene. :oops: :o
A HUNDRED? That sounds more like a per thousand price. Just bought a thousand... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

C. Cash wrote:
Mustang 22 wrote:I saw exactly the same thing at a western Washington gun show this weekend. Plenty of primers at $30.00 a box of 1K. The crowds were large and they were buying ammo as fast as they could haul it away. I could smell it too.
I personally would like to know if the hordes of folks coming out of the woodwork to stock up on arms and ammo actually voted in the Election. Many of these folks probably even voted for the nimrods which will now joyously pass anti-second ammendment laws restricting our rights. Bad as "our" options were, it was at least better than voting for the folks who brazenly try to take guns away from law abiding citizens. Forgive me for "going political" but had to say that, and will say nothing more.
I've noted a lot of Obama bumper stickers in the gun store parking lots. Heck, here in VA we had a GUN STORE OWNER on TV who had voted for Obama!
Sincerely,

Hobie

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I ran into several thousand primers a couple years back, so I haven't been buying any lately except for magnum large rifle primers. Just went and did a quick inventory. I'm down to about 7K of the usual standard small and large primers. Better go shopping if there is any to be had.
NRA Life Member
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Hobie wrote: Heck, here in VA we had a GUN STORE OWNER on TV who had voted for Obama!

I remember seeing that dip$&*% on TV. I imagine he knew it would be good for sales, at least for a little while. Hope he's the first one to go out of business.
NRA Life Member
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I visited my dealer buddy today, he just got 100k Winchester Small Rifle in this week. I told him I'm in for 2k at $25@k(I may up that as I've used a lot of WSR the last few months). I told him I'd take a couple bricks of Large pistol too, he didn't know how much he had to sell or the price. I suppose I should as I also wanted 1000 of his cast bullets for 45acp, 500 315 gr GC for 454 and 500 of the 6k of Hornady 55gr sp he got in a week ago for 223. He's been getting in a lot of components that he's had on order for months so the supply is catching back up a bit.

I'm not really low on primers but I try to stay well stocked and I've used quite a bit the last few months. I didn't want to make him dig all that stuff out today. He'll have it boxed and ready soon enough.

I told him he'd probably sell out of 223 at the Sioux Falls show last weekend but he said he sold a lot more 308(sold out) than 223. He mentioned it was the best show he's ever had for ammo sales and it wasn't just military stuff, everything was moving.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Made me check, I am down to my last 7500 or so, 7 bricks(2 SP's, 2 LP's, and 3 LR's) + five loose and a partial of LR's. Puts me on the hunt for more. I'm light on powder too, need at least a keg of H4895 and H4198. Just picked up two kegs of Unique, have about four pounds of BP, and two pounds each of H4895 and H4198 left, along with a pound each of H110 and IMR4227. Bullets....not a problem yet, still have over 10K# (four pallets) of wheel weights sitting in my buddies garage and 10k of assorted gas checks(30 cal, 8mm, 375, 44 cal, and 45 cal).
Redhawk1
Levergunner

Post by Redhawk1 »

TedH wrote:
Hobie wrote: Heck, here in VA we had a GUN STORE OWNER on TV who had voted for Obama!

I remember seeing that dip$&*% on TV. I imagine he knew it would be good for sales, at least for a little while. Hope he's the first one to go out of business.
Everyone needs to stop going to that gun shop.....
Life Member of the NRA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Redhawk1 wrote:
TedH wrote:

Everyone needs to stop going to that gun shop.....
http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/
Sincerely,

Hobie

ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

This is NOT the time to be laid off from work and with limited funds, but I am. Even so, I've been putting back what I can. Not enough to suit me, but all I can do. Just depend of the lord, its apt to be a bumpy ride.
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

I'm even going to stop throwing away my fired primers, just in case. Paranoia? Maybe...
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

hope for the best.................................prepare for the worst.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:I'm even going to stop throwing away my fired primers, just in case. Paranoia? Maybe...
Hell no that's not paranoid. There is a way to redo primers. It involves taking the anvil out of the fired primer, flatening the dimple in the fired primer, and using the phosphorus (sp?) from the head of a strike anywhere match. Crush the phosphorus and mix with a smidgen of water to form a paste. Put a thin layer of the phosphorus paste in the primer cup, let it dry, replace the anvil and you're ready to go shooting.
ED
Yer never too old
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

The hard part is finding strike-anywhere matches. They're not safe, y'know! :evil: (It's for your own good that you can't get them! Or is it "for the children"?) I'd love to get some Ohio Blue Tips. Does anyone know if they still make those?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:The hard part is finding strike-anywhere matches. They're not safe, y'know! :evil: (It's for your own good that you can't get them! Or is it "for the children"?) I'd love to get some Ohio Blue Tips. Does anyone know if they still make those?
Don't know about them but Diamond still makes the old fashioned, wood stick, strike anywhere matches.
ED
Yer never too old
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I don't shoot more than 5-600 hundred rounds per year, so really don't need a million primers. The few thousand of each size that I have will suffice 'til the silly panic buying blows over. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Mike D. wrote:I don't shoot more than 5-600 hundred rounds per year, so really don't need a million primers. The few thousand of each size that I have will suffice 'til the silly panic buying blows over. :)
I think your right in the short term Mike, but do believe that anything with lead in it(primers have lead) and anything that goes boom will be harder and harder to get, if not impossible to obtain in the future. Just my gloomy side talking, but hopefully not.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I don't begrudge sixgun one bit for stocking up. Who in their right mind ISN'T stocking up now ?

b. hussein o. and company have brought all of this our way, and we're supposed to act as if we can't read the writing on the wall ? Guys, I'm in my mid-50's now, and I've never seen an administration do so much to tear apart the very fabric of a nation, in such a short period of time, in my time alive.

Add to that the fact that the nitwit in chief cannot (or will not) stop yelling "crisis" again and again, and what should we expect ? If you're watching events unfolding now, and you're not doing all you can to prepare for rocky times (to say the least) then just maybe you're not watching at all.

It is my hope that we all will help each other out when it gets dicier. Among my little group of friends we have huge differences in incomes, and we've already begun helping each other. And working on coming out the other end of this mess intact. That's always a nice bonus.

That said, you guys got me off my duff and counting primers just before writing. OK with large pistol and large rifle, need to pick up more SR soon. Snagged a couple thousand at this weekend's show in Melbourne, but I got all the Rem 7 1/2 BR they had. By the way, my experience here, at our usually sedate little show, was similar to you guys who've been to a show in the last week or two. Unbelievable crowds, and an unusally large number buying ammo. - DixixBoy

P.S. Hobie, sorry if this started to get political. The ammo and component buying rush is pretty much politically driven. Hard to separate the two.
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

DixieBoy wrote: P.S. Hobie, sorry if this started to get political. The ammo and component buying rush is pretty much politically driven. Hard to separate the two.
I know. If we slide that way I'll move the topic.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

DixieBoy,
Well said. :D Us "middle aged dudes" can see the change this great nation has taken and know this is something different. I feel a "new world order" is in its begining phases.

Mr. Hobie,
Yea, I guess it could be somewhat political but some gun guys don't read the political posts and they too, need to know about primer shortage! :D :D Thanks Pard.---------Sixgun

Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Hobie, This thread was not intended to be political in any way,it was a way to alert all to the lack of primer supplies and to find businesses that had a primer supply for sale.I stopped in Dundee,MI on the way home as I had indicated above. I got one box of CCI- -LR primers,they did not have any other CCI primers . In fact they had very little primer supplies period.You buy what you can afford and hope for the best.
I need someone to explain what is political about the primer supply,specifically.The whole lack of reloading supplies is political if you consider who is now president etc. We are all concerned about what might happen in the future. So we stock up. :wink: :?
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Boreman - I think you may have answered your own question. The whole reloading component and ammo buying frenzy which is taking place now is politically driven, given that we all know that the most anti-gun crew in America's history is in power. Both houses of congress and the presidency.

Add that to the overall perception of many of us that the above mentioned politicians are not just anti-gun, but are also driving this country towards a cliff at high speed, and, well...you get it. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Hunter4570
Levergunner

Post by Hunter4570 »

It's interesting for an old world guy like me to read such things about US shooters having problems to find primers. As a french handloader i say for years that our problem will come from goverment agencies discretly acting to limit primers and powders. I also began stocking some but they are awfully more expensive than in the US. But i manage to get more Fed and CCI and some RWS. Friends who don't do that have difficulties to get more...Will buy a 10000 more before it's to late even if they are Sellier&Belot or Fiocchi...Better safe than sorry!
Thanks for such information.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I haven't moved the topic yet... :wink:

In the last great primer shortage/panic, CCI was more available than other brands but not this time. Federal, Winchester, and Remington are all more available. I'd be interested in the manufacturers' point of view on this but I never see anything.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Today, at Graff's, if you are not too brand picky, you could get just about anything you want......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV