357 Ruger 4 5/8" vs 20" Marlin Cowboy velocity

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

357 Ruger 4 5/8" vs 20" Marlin Cowboy velocity

Post by Old Savage »

Not too much to this - almost a straight 500 fps difference with Blazer 158 gr. Jacketed. The Ruger must have a very smooth barrel NO jacket metal deposit in the bore. It is a 50th Year Flattop model. Just under 1200 average for the Ruger and just under 1700 for the Marlin.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 357 Ruger 4 5/8" vs 20" Marlin Cowboy velocity

Post by Warhawk »

You still getting along with that Marlin Cowboy?

I found a B92 in .357 out in Vegas, where my oldest lives. Had him pick it up for me, I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Warhawk, I want to hear some stories about that 45 Colt.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But to answer your question yes - fine gun. I sold a B92 to a guy in Texas years ago to fund something longer range. Wish I still had it. I was a very smooth rifle.

salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Hay Warhawk, don't be buying up all the good ones here in Vegas, you need to leave them here for the locals :twisted:
Seriously though, congrats! Where did your oldest find it?

That's some good numbers OS, I love my 50th Year Flattop model and 1894 CB combo, they make an excellent pair.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan