Gun Show Trade

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dgnick_336
Levergunner

Gun Show Trade

Post by dgnick_336 »

I'm excited about my latest toy and want to tell everyone. :D This past weekend at a gun show in Lexington, KY. I traded a Taurus 66 for a very nice , old S&W Military & Police revolver.
The revolver has about 85% bluing remaining (bluing is faded), 4" barrel, fixed sight with the half-moon front sight, and appears very sound mechanically. I am impressed with the workmanship on this gun. Cylinder gap is so small that I have to search for it and everything is very tight, cylinder has zero endshake and only slight side-to-side. Gun has old, wood, aftermarket grips that resemble old wood. Gun was full of dust, but cleaned up very nicely. Cleaned only dust out of the gun, no powder residue; probably not shot in a long time.
I am trying to verify possible date of manufacturing, but that may take me some time.
I am very happy with my new/old revolver and can hardly wait to shoot it. :)
Sorry, no pics at this time, but I'll try to get some.
Hope everyone has a great new year. God bless.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ..."
--Thomas Jefferson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun Show Trade

Post by 2ndovc »

Hard to beat those old M&Ps!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Nice trade!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Yep, ya can't beat the old S&W Military & Police revolvers. Good tough, rugged, serviceable, guns.

I have the follow-on to that -- a S&W Model 10 with 4" Heavy Barrel in Smith & Wesson .38 Special. Very accurate.
ED
Yer never too old
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

my mouth was watering over a pinned Model 12 4", but I didn't have anything to give for it.
dgnick_336
Levergunner

Post by dgnick_336 »

Some bad news...I have discovered that the revolver I traded for is ever so slightly out of time. Looks like a trip to the gunsmith. Oh well...the gun is more than worth it. Can't wait to put some rounds through it. Later.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ..."
--Thomas Jefferson