Rossi 92 stock---will a Winchester stock fit?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Rossi 92 stock---will a Winchester stock fit?

Post by Thunder50 »

Would like to replace the buttstock on my Rossi and just wondering if one of the stocks from a Winny would work. Thanks

Sorry about that. I mean another stock from a Win. 92. Want something like the stock on the 454 casull, for my 45colt Rossi with the crescent buttplate.
Last edited by Thunder50 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Pepe Ray
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Rossi 92 stock---will a Winchester stock fit?

Post by Pepe Ray »

Yes and no.
I believe that a Win. M92 would make a satisfactory replacement, tho any replacement will probably need a small amount of in-letting.
Your question is vague however and I must assume that you were asking about using a M94 stock, correct?
Because I didn't want to cut the factory stock on my Rossi, I used a Win 94 butt found at a gun show. Cut it for my grandson, and chiseled and ground to fit it to the Rossi. Since kids grow so fast we knew that it was only a temporary effort so that he could hunt/shoot with me. It worked fine but looked like a bubbarized stock. Gaps etc. We didn't care, it shot great. Used it 2 yrs. He's taller than I am now so I replaced it with the original.
So it just depends on what you want.
Pepe Ray
Jesus is the way.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I looked hard at trying to make a Ramline M94 Polymer stock fit my Rossi 92.'

WAAAY beyond my ability to deal with.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Pepe Ray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pepe Ray »

O.I.
yeah, I can believe that cutting,shaping that plastic would be chore &1/2. Working walnut is a lot easier. It was a worthwhile project tho. The kid could learn proper mounting and have more fun hitting the targets w/a carb. that fit him. At the rate he's growing (5-11 @ 13 yoa) ,I'll need to add something to the stock by next year.
No confirmation from Thunder50?
Pepe Ray
Jesus is the way.