OT - Taurus Thunder Bolt 45 Colt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Taurus Thunder Bolt 45 Colt

Post by kimwcook »

I was at a gunshop today and looked at two Taurus Thunder Bolt's in 45 Colt, one blued the other one stainless. Anyone have any experience with these and what power level are we talking here. Seemed to be a nice carbine weight long arm. Pretty snappy to the shoulder.
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Taurus Thunder Bolt 45 Colt

Post by TedH »

I've never handled one, but from what I've read they are standard 45 Colt level. No hot rodding.
NRA Life Member
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep - standard pressure loads.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

These went thru quite an iteration during their short production run. From what I've heard, they run the gamut from junk to slick. Steve probably knows more about 'em and could give ya details.

But, see the following:

Taurus Thunderbolt Slide Action Rifle

Review of the Taurus Thunderbolt

Taurus Thunderbolt keeps jamming.

If ya do a search on "Taurus Thunderbolt" over there, you'll read a lot of stuff, maybe more'n you wanna know! :twisted:

But, yes, standard loads only.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by moodyholler »

1st one was broke right out of the box. They had me send it back for repairs and then sent me a new one after 4 months. They really open the chamber up to make them feed and they are hard on brass. I really liked mine, but still did not keep it. It was a Taurus T-bolt in 45c. moodyholler
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

if you get one in 45 colt, it is a stuff shoot....some work, most dont, and this goes for the ubertis as well...local shop sent all the ubertis back. in 357 they may work and in 44/40 it is not problem, but the 45 colt rim is just too tiny for reliable extraction and feeding [ compare a 44/40 and a 45 colt round, there is an amazing difference in the rims....and it was even worse in the 1800s as the 45 colt cartridge rim was smaller then.] this must be why colt never chambered the Lightning pump in 45 colt, and did not make the colt burgess lever gun in it either; you know they musta tried it to match up with their pistols, but it just didnt work then or mostly not now. it would be nice to have one in 45 colt that did work. i suspect those fellows that have the ones that do work wont let them go.
cable
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Knock on wood, mine has worked so far without issue! :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'm not much of a gambling man. So, that's a big no go, in my book. Thanks, guys. Too bad to, it looks like a real slick little rifle.
Old Law Dawg
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

There's a couple of the 357s up where I am going hunting in MN. If they are still there when I get there in a couple of weeks I will probably own at least one.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Kim,

What were they asking for those 45's? I wanna get one or two real cheap, so I can fanny burp around and customise them.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Go to: www.luvtohunt.com

They've got them listed under Taurus rifles with the prices, $539.00 for the blued and $615.00 for the stainless, both in 45 Colt.
Old Law Dawg
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

darn, I can get a new one cheaper locally! Thanks for the reply, though. You still using my "chickenhouse" loads? I've still got some around, but haven't fired any in at least a year. I no longer have the chickenhouse, since Dad died and his place sold.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1