Pedersoli VS Armi Sport, etc. Lever Rifles & Sixguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Pedersoli VS Armi Sport, etc. Lever Rifles & Sixguns

Post by Jarhead »

Thought I'd ask you Gentlemen and Ladies which is the better firearm? I do not have a clue, for I have never owned, shot, or held one (other than my 1892(Japan Winchester) :oops: :) . Who makes the highest quality reproduction lever rifle? I have a Trapper(Japchester)45LC that is very nice. With exception to the rebounding hammer, which I plan on getting rid of, I really like the quality of the rifle. What about Sixguns?

Appreciate your feedback... :idea:
Last edited by Jarhead on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Pedersoli VS Armi Sport, etc. Lever Rifles & Sixguns

Post by mescalero1 »

No pesonal experience, can not speak to the issue
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I have a Pedersoli Sharps and while doing my reshearch on which one to purchase - the Pedersoli was always reccommended as the best of the imports. They are generally thought to make the best barrel, if fact there are some BPCR shooters having good success with Pedersoli made products.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

For a lever quality-wise the best imports were probably the Japanese-produced Brownings (Miroku).

I also have a Pedersoli Sharps, as well as a Pedersoli 1766 Charleville. The fit and finish on both are superb. I have an Armi Sport reproduction of the Spencer 1865 carbine, and it was very well executed. I was extremely surprised how accurate the latter was right out of the box.

The Uberti firearms have also impressed me over the years as being affordable and well done. I have a Chaparral Arms 1876 that works fine, but many had problems, and the fit and finish is certainly not up to the Uberti (now Beretta) standards (but Uberti hadn't made them yet when I got mine).

Don't confuse Armi Sport with Armi San Marco, which is now defunct. Good thing too - the quality was all over the map on the latter!
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

AndyM wrote:I have a Pedersoli Sharps and while doing my reshearch on which one to purchase - the Pedersoli was always reccommended as the best of the imports. They are generally thought to make the best barrel, if fact there are some BPCR shooters having good success with Pedersoli made products.
I have owned one Pedersoli product, a Rolling Block chambered in .40-65. It had a great barrel, hand lapped I have read, super case colors and select wood. Fit and finish were top shelf. I would not hesitate to buy another. Good Luck, 1886.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

check out uberti
excellent quality!
http://www.uberti.com/firearms/1874_sharps.php
I dont have a sharps .....Yet!
but I love my 73s

If you have the coins....
go with Shiloh Sharps out of Montana...Top notch
C sharps are also nice
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Never owned a Pedersoli or Armi Sport but I've got a few Cimarrons (made by Uberti) which I think are pretty good for a copy. I have one of their '73 Winchester copies which has beautiful wood and is very smooth and accurate which I've had for about 5 years now. I'm happy enough with it that I bought 2 of their Model "P" copies in .45 Colt (same as the rifle) They are NOT as nice as my real Colts but they cost a LOT less and I don't mind taking them out in bad weather or when I'm out working around the place so they tend to get used quite a bit. they have proven to be reliable and definitely accurate enough for bustin' snapping turtles in the pond (I paid for the catfish I stocked it with and I don't intend to feed turtles) or snakes.plinking etc. The shorter bbl'd one at the top gets the most use 'cause it's so darn handy.

Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Thanks for the information...
Semper Fi
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Years ago, probably around 13-14, I had a Cimmaron (Uberti) Colt SAA repro in 45 Colt. Fit was great, finish was the arsenic/chemical CCH, but looked okay. Was shooting the Cimmaron and a 3rd Gen. Colt SAA, both in 45 Colt, side by side and the Cimmaron was winning. At least with those handloads. I'd shot around three to four cylinder fulls out of both when all of a sudden the Cimmaron started printing everywhere and I mean everywhere. I couldn't find anything obviously wrong, so I put it away and finished up with the Colt. When I got home, I started really looking at the Cimmaron as it was just weird what happened. I found that the barrel had come loose and would rotate a hair back and forth. I sent it back to Cimmaron and they tightened it back up and sent it back. I'd lost a little bit of confidence in it at that point, but I still shot it as it was a shooter. About 50 more rounds through it or so I noticed the cylinder started binding and noticed the face of the casing and primer were scored. The recoil shield for the firing pin was deforming and mushrooming towards the casings. I sold it. The frame was obviously too soft. That's the only experience I have with imports.
Old Law Dawg