American Hunters and Shooters Association ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

American Hunters and Shooters Association ?

Post by Mike Hunter »

Does anyone know about the American Hunters and Shooters Association ? I just listening to a radio ad by the AHSA endorsing Obama, and the ad was paid for by Obama. Now best that I can tell Obama has never been a big supporter of the Constitution’s Second Amendment. So what’s the deal?

Is this a sham organization pretending to be a Pro Hunter/Shooter organization? Been to the web site, looks good, looks pro-gun/sportsman. I know web sites can look deceving, just look at the Brady site.

Mike
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Re: American Hunters and Shooters Association ?

Post by cnjarvis »

Mike Hunter wrote:Is this a sham organization pretending to be a Pro Hunter/Shooter organization?
Precisely.

See here: http://nssf.com/share/pdf/AHSA_Fact_Sheet.pdf
Last edited by cnjarvis on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That organization was revealed in AMERICAN RIFLEMAN to have several anti-gun people on it's board of directers & executive board.

It's President, Schoenke’s, $5,000 donation to Handgun Control Inc., predecessor to the main anti-gun lobby, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, makes it a Trojan Horse, IMHO.

In August 23, (2006) the President of the AHSA Foundation, John Rosenthal (the leader of Stop Handgun Violence), blasted Massachusetts gun maker Smith & Wesson for advertising during New England Patriots football games.
Since the ads promoted gun safety and the company’s Web site, I have to ask: Why ?

Here's a sample of their people:

Robert Ricker (Executive Director, AHSA)
• Paid witness against the firearms industry for cases where plaintiffs attempted to hold gun manufacturers liable for the criminal misuse of their products by third parties.
• Monthly salary of $3000; AHSA claims no more than 150 members who pay $25 dues. The rest of the money comes from “individual contributions” with the largest contributors on the AHSA board of directors.
• Paid an hourly fee of $225 to $250 dollars for testimony, depositions, and meetings with the Brady Campaign.
• Consults for the Educational Fund to End Handgun Violence (the “educational” arm of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence). (http://www.csgv.org/)
• Consults with Virginians for Public Safety (http://www.vapublicsafety.com/) (lobbying for additional restrictions on law abiding gun owners).

Ray Schoenke (President, AHSA)
• Mr. Schoenke, his wife, his daughter and son have been generous donors of anti-gun candidates including: Al Gore, Barbara Boxer, Bill Clinton, Dianne Feinstein, Ted Kennedy, Carolyn McCarthy and John Kerry.
• Mr. Schoenke and his wife donated $10,000 to Handgun Control, Inc. (HCI) in 2000.
• Mr. Schoenke’s daughter and son each contributed $5000 to HCI in 2000.

John Rosenthal (President, AHSA Foundation)
• Rosenthal is the leader of Stop Handgun Violence, the principal anti-gun group in the state of Massachusetts (credited with being the “political force behind the strict gun control laws of Massachusetts”)
• Rosenthal is a former member of the HCI board of directors, now known as the Brady Campaign.
• Rosenthal has most recently focused his energy on voicing opposition to firearms’ advertisements during sporting events (http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegio ... eid=154057

Jody Powell (Co-Chairman, AHSA Advisory Board)
• Press Secretary for one of the most anti-gun U.S. administrations, President Jimmy Carter.

Joe Vince (Board Member, AHSA)
• Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) architect of the Clinton-Gore regulatory assault on the Second Amendment.
• His company Crime Gun Solutions (CGS) employs a number of other ex-ATF officials including Gerard Nunziato, who told the Houston Chronicle that “If it wasn’t for criminals, there wouldn’t be a gun industry in this country.”
• Crime Gun Solutions provides consulting services for the lawyers at the Brady Campaign, frequently appearing as paid expert witnesses in lawsuits against the firearms industry.

Just my $0.02, but I wouldn't give them anything except a hard time.

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Mike Hunter wrote:..Is this a sham organization pretending to be a Pro Hunter/Shooter organization? Been to the web site, looks good, looks pro-gun/sportsman. I know web sites can look deceving, just look at the Brady site.

Mike
Anti RKBA "I've got my duck gun" Fudds.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Whenever I see one of those "Sportsmen for _______" (fill in your favorite anti-gun guy) I get an attack of the what-the-heck-do-they-think-we-are. I guess they think we're just plain stupid. Of course such tactics worked for the communists...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A corrupt 'organization' not likely to fool REAL gun owners and shooters, but VERY LIKELY to fool the "middle of the road" types. BE SURE TO LET YOUR FRIENDS KNOW JUST HOW INCREDIBLY ANTI_GUN and ANTI_FREEDOM OBAMA is. He's a charismatic leader not unlike the Hitler of the 1920's - BEWARE the naive!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

Running Prime time in Florida, There needs to be an add that points out the Real
Anti gun they are. Also He in Jacksonvillle fl, there using a former Football player to add more deceit.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I heard this radio ad twice in about 2 hours here in Pennsylvania on one of our country music stations. Sounds fishy to me. There is only one ticket with a NRA member on it.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

oldmax wrote:Running Prime time in Florida, There needs to be an add that points out the Real
Anti gun they are. Also He in Jacksonvillle fl, there using a former Football player to add more deceit.
Too bad gun owners are too "fiercely independent" to cooperate and get counter-ads up and running; and since most of us aren't the type to get "in" on handout programs (corporate or individual) we aren't collectively blessed with money and spare time which makes it all the more difficult to counter these urban-yuppie inspired campaigns. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Mike Hunter wrote:
Is this a sham organization pretending to be a Pro Hunter/Shooter organization? Mike

Yup. Absolutely. :shock:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:A corrupt 'organization' not likely to fool REAL gun owners and shooters, but VERY LIKELY to fool the "middle of the road" types.
Bingo. Unfortunately, they will fool some folks...
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

it's a sham and scam organization. they say they support gun rights but their actions are quite the contrary. The nra has written several times about this organization. and, if they support obama then that tells all.
g rice