Missed a cloverleaf....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Missed a cloverleaf....

Post by Bearhands »

by and inch and a half today! :D It was the first time out in years with my ole '94 30-30. I had a buddy with me for pointers and he "pointed" out that I needed to flip the rear sight down and just use the Lyman peep and the front bead... I felt like such a dope! (at 50 yrds) After 3 rounds of not hitting an 8X11 target, I took his learned advice and the next one was 1.5" out of the bull and the next two closer to it and touching.... Forgive my zeal.... but this tickles the hell outta me! I'm headin out for more ammo soon because I want to make sure it wasn't a fluke, plus I want to shoot @ 100yds. Ok... I feel better now :lol:
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Missed a cloverleaf....

Post by J Miller »

Bearhands,

The first thing I do after installing a peep sight is remove the rear barrel sight. It's replaced by a dovetail filler blank.

The receiver sight is so superior to the factory barrel sights there is no reason to keep it.

With practice you'll get your cloverleaf.

Oh, and keep your brass from the ammo you buy. Eventually you'll want to reload it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

It sounds like you are on the way to some venison this year.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Shoot a few boxes through it and you'll forget how long it been.
Nuthin feels better than goin shootin, except shootin well. :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger